• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

For those that push putt, a Stego isn't actually a bad option. It just drops a bit quicker than most putters, but at putting speed is less OS than a Rhyno. On a related note, beating the tar out of a Stego has no real effect on its stability. I need to grab another one at some point, since I lost mine.

I always thought the Stego was a mid. Agreed that he probably would've loved the Serpent.
The blog entry about the video has this line:
infinitediscs.com said:
Note, the Reptilian Stego thrown in this video is not really considered a putter, but as you can tell, in terms of distance it doesn't go nearly as far as a putter, so Drew thought it would be good to compare that unique utility disc here.

What are the top selling putters for each disc golf brand and which one flies the farthest?

So I guess that leaves open the question of if the Stego really outsells the Scale and/or Serpent, or if it was just such a goof disc that they wanted it in the video so Drew could stand over it and go "This disc sucks." :|

The video made me want to throw my Stego more often.

I wonder if there was an uptick in Stego sales? I saw RDG doing a combo promotion.

If only it was a Fossil Gila in the deal!

For those that push putt, a Stego isn't actually a bad option. It just drops a bit quicker than most putters, but at putting speed is less OS than a Rhyno. On a related note, beating the tar out of a Stego has no real effect on its stability. I need to grab another one at some point, since I lost mine.

Inquiring minds need to know- How does one lose a Stego? Stolen? Fell off a mountain or swept away by a river? I don't feel like I can throw it far enough to lose it but I am a pretty prolific klutz.

Inquiring minds need to know- How does one lose a Stego? Stolen? Fell off a mountain or swept away by a river? I don't feel like I can throw it far enough to lose it but I am a pretty prolific klutz.
I don't know how he lost his, but I tried to lose one in the short time I had one. The only time I ever threw it was on second "let's see what this does" shots. My first shot was always better. :| As a result, I'd walk to my first shot and forget the Stego.

So I guess that leaves open the question of if the Stego really outsells the Scale and/or Serpent, or if it was just such a goof disc that they wanted it in the video so Drew could stand over it and go "This disc sucks." :|

Of course the Stego is their hottest seller. Everybody knows the more stupid overstable discs you have, the cooler you are and bigger your wiener is. It's a proven fact: people gravitate towards OS discs, and the Stego is the OS Holy Grail. Drew hating it will only push more people towards it, and that's why it's simply the bizzarro disc- it defies every measure of logic in every way from how it throws to the way people talk about it to the way it flies off the shelf.

Conventional logic just doesn't apply to the Stego.

The one time I played DeLa (I was solo), I had already taken my upshot on one hole and thought "I should have tried a Stego roller" and tried it, just for grins. Spoiler alert: I shouldn't have. It hit a branch and kicked right and way down a hill and I gave up looking for it after a few minutes.

Of course the Stego is their hottest seller. Everybody knows the more stupid overstable discs you have, the cooler you are and bigger your wiener is. It's a proven fact: people gravitate towards OS discs, and the Stego is the OS Holy Grail. Drew hating it will only push more people towards it, and that's why it's simply the bizzarro disc- it defies every measure of logic in every way from how it throws to the way people talk about it to the way it flies off the shelf.

If you are going to buy a ridiculously overstable disc why not buy the most ridiculously overstable disc. It would be silly to buy the second or third most overstable disc.

The one time I played DeLa (I was solo), I had already taken my upshot on one hole and thought "I should have tried a Stego roller" and tried it, just for grins. Spoiler alert: I shouldn't have. It hit a branch and kicked right and way down a hill and I gave up looking for it after a few minutes.

I threw mine on an approach yesterday on a hole 300' long and basically all up hill. It was a grenade over some tall bushes and a couple trees. I threw it and landed about 15 feet from the basket. It popped up and started to roll back down the fairway, managed to miss a couple of boulders half buried in the middle of the fairway. It rolled about 150 feet because of the wide rim...

Good news is I managed to save my bogey though.

If you are going to buy a ridiculously overstable disc why not buy the most ridiculously overstable disc. It would be silly to buy the second or third most overstable disc.

Precisely. What kind of LOSER would only have the second or third most overstable disc?? Lol

The video made me want to throw my Stego more often.

I wonder if there was an uptick in Stego sales? I saw RDG doing a combo promotion.

If only it was a Fossil Gila in the deal!

We have Dave running us a fresh batch of Tar Pit Stego to ship out to Drew.

We are also sending him a medley of Gilas to shoot a combo video.

The plan is to convince Drew of the Stegos absurdity/utility. I think he will start to see some versatility once he shoots an entire video dedicated to the mold.

We have Dave running us a fresh batch of Tar Pit Stego to ship out to Drew.

We are also sending him a medley of Gilas to shoot a combo video.

The plan is to convince Drew of the Stegos absurdity/utility. I think he will start to see some versatility once he shoots an entire video dedicated to the mold.

WELL PLAYED.

Also as of now I hope someday I am somebody that someone wants to run a fresh batch of a disc for haha

And yes... STEGO sales are through the roof.

People buy it as a gimmick... And then end up using it regularly on the course

I explained to Drew that one draw of the Stego is thar someone doesn't have to have any semblance of a forehand to get the disc to hyzer on a flick. It'll be the easiest disc ever to get it to not flip over on a short approach.

That's worth something to people who don't play enough to practice their fh form

You should have "He got people to buy Stegos" on your tombstone. It's the single greatest disc golf sales achievement in history. :p

Does Dave kick himself for giving you that mold as he keeps making runs of it for you?

People buy it as a gimmick... And then end up using it regularly on the course

I explained to Drew that one draw of the Stego is thar someone doesn't have to have any semblance of a forehand to get the disc to hyzer on a flick. It'll be the easiest disc ever to get it to not flip over on a short approach.

That's worth something to people who don't play enough to practice their fh form

Really glad to hear that it's doing well, RDG deserves all the success in the world!

Hey you know what else would sell like hot cakes if for no other reason than because I'd buy them all? Armor serps!

Really glad to hear that it's doing well, RDG deserves all the success in the world!

Hey you know what else would sell like hot cakes if for no other reason than because I'd buy them all? Armor serps!

That would be a killer disc.

One day we will make it happen.

Does Dave kick himself for giving you that mold as he keeps making runs of it for you?

Hahaha. Not yet...

I'd wager its the third best selling Gateway produced disc behind the Wiz and Magic.

At least on infinite.

Many years ago when Dave gave me that prototype laughing and I took it out to Wilmore Park, upon first throw... I knew this disc would sell.

Little known fact, Dave actually used the original Stego top to create the Devilhawk top.

We had to retool the Stego top after we sold through the initial run.

Now the Stego probably outsells the Devilhawk 25-1

Hahaha. Not yet...

I'd wager its the third best selling Gateway produced disc behind the Wiz and Magic.

At least on infinite.

Many years ago when Dave gave me that prototype laughing and I took it out to Wilmore Park, upon first throw... I knew this disc would sell.

Little known fact, Dave actually used the original Stego top to create the Devilhawk top.

We had to retool the Stego top after we sold through the initial run.

Now the Stego probably outsells the Devilhawk 25-1
I knew you did something, because that first Stego run was a "one and done" deal from what I understood. Now they are here to stay.