• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Reptilian Disc Golf Ptero: Stable Fairway Driver

I don't think ArmorFlex feels like GStar at all. It is firmer but maybe a like more flexible. It is also less slick.

I really like it. It is a great feel plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im confused. It's firmer, but more flexible than g*? Aren't these two traits polar opposites? Also it's less slick than the ultra tacky super high grip g*?

Im confused. It's firmer, but more flexible than g*? Aren't these two traits polar opposites? Also it's less slick than the ultra tacky super high grip g*?

Not really. It is hard to describe but if you press on it with your thumb and finger it, the plastic has less give but it is easier to fold then GStar. GStar is tacky but it is smooth from what I remember whereas ArmorFlex is more chalky. Probably not gripper but just a different grip feel if that makes sense.

You mean the dome is less pliable, but the rim will bend more? Or the plastic compresses less but bends more.

The surface texture of Gstar is really smooth, would contrast with a chalky texture.

Anyone who has thrown both these (Amber) and K1 Kaxe Z have any thoughts on how much they may overlap/if they overlap at all?

Anyone who has thrown both these (Amber) and K1 Kaxe Z have any thoughts on how much they may overlap/if they overlap at all?

Ptero has more glide, turn potential and speed.

The Kaxe is more stout in the HSS department. It also has less glide and more fade potential.

Both could coexist in a bag pretty easily.

My Ptero came in yesterday and yet again, nice job on these jcass/RDG. Slightly more OS than my Basic Laseri, a bit longer than my Kaxe Z, fills a nice slot in my new bag setup/experiment. Interested to see how the Amber plastic seasons but new I love it, almost a subtle grit on the rim to it but stiffness/gummy wise I found it comparable to K1 which is my current obsession.

I know I am late to the game with them, but four RDG/Element discs purchased in the last three weeks and now four RDG/Element discs in the bag...certainly very impressed with what these/you guys are doing.

Casual round ace with my Ptero today; Hole 13, Rockland. I usually throw a Kaxe Z here just looking to get somewhere up on the rocks to play for 3, today I figured why not try to run it. Ptero split the first trees, leveled out, stayed high and faded out last 50 feet nice and glidey into the chains.

I need to throw this disc more often.

Any plans on a new run of the Ptero?

I'm hoping for a new run soon!!

In the meantime - if anyone has one of these they aren't using (particularly if it's one from the most recent run - the white ones with the bird and flight numbers in the stamp) - I'll take it/them off of your hands

hey i know this is an older thread, but does anyone have any white pteros that they'd be willing to sell me?

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/ptero-7-5-1-2/products/armor-ptero-white

Hey All! The Ptero has been restocked and is on sale for $13.99

This mold is incredible. Daredevil is one of the more underrated disc designers out there and I love that we were able to collaborate on this disc.

Enormous glide without ever getting flakey. I love throwing this mold on hyzer flips and watching it push out past my distance drivers...

Pteros are back in the bag. Threw them originally when they were released. Took a gyro break for a few years. But had an RDG itch that required me to get them back out. Purchased a slightly domey yellow amber one, and had a white amber-flex with the RDG eye stamp. This disc flies just like a night strike 1, and you can buy them for $15 instead of $80. 7, 5, -1,1 is exactly right.

Favorite shot is a pushing hyzer. Im a 940 rated player without a lot of distance (400 is my top end). I tend to throw nose up and that causes most of my discs to lose speed and fade more. The Ptero seems to ignore the nose up and keeps pushing forward. This disc loves a slight hyzer and goes far for a 7 speed.

Pteros are back in the bag. Threw them originally when they were released. Took a gyro break for a few years. But had an RDG itch that required me to get them back out. Purchased a slightly domey yellow amber one, and had a white amber-flex with the RDG eye stamp. This disc flies just like a night strike 1, and you can buy them for $15 instead of $80. 7, 5, -1,1 is exactly right.

Favorite shot is a pushing hyzer. Im a 940 rated player without a lot of distance (400 is my top end). I tend to throw nose up and that causes most of my discs to lose speed and fade more. The Ptero seems to ignore the nose up and keeps pushing forward. This disc loves a slight hyzer and goes far for a 7 speed.

I agree on the NS1 comparison. I love my Pteros, I prefer the more aggressive feeling concave wing to the more rounded FD.