• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

SPOILER ALERT

These will be produced through our friends up north....

Daredevil Discs!

Their plastic is awesome, they have great molds to tinker with and they could use some fresh marketing. Enter RDG to bring some reptile style to their mammal driven discs.

BEST OF ALL: they aren't riddled with controversy :)
Hopefully folks still support us for going above the border.

As long as the discs come out right, no one can complain. This is a global market. Nothing short of misguided patriotism makes your decision to move north enough to lose support. :thmbup:

Discs look sick! Hopefully your wholsesale costs are low enough to get these into store-fronts!

SPOILER ALERT

These will be produced through our friends up north....

Daredevil Discs!

Their plastic is awesome, they have great molds to tinker with and they could use some fresh marketing. Enter RDG to bring some reptile style to their mammal driven discs.

BEST OF ALL: they aren't riddled with controversy :)
Hopefully folks still support us for going above the border.

Give it up for this man, ladies and gentleman! :clap: Given most people's lack of any experience at all with Daredevil Discs, I think you made a very controversy-free decision. While it may be outside the US, Canada is still North America with no child labor problems I am aware of, so I don't think many people can complain too much. I look forward to my first experience of DD manufacturing from RDG. :)

Hit metal again off the tee with a scale today. Front of the chains this time. That makes 4: 2 splash outs, one off the top, and one off the cage. Did hit a long jump putt on the next hole.

My beat up fossil is a thing of beauty off the tee. I can throw it as hard as I want and see no turn and just a little fade at the end. Kinda flies like a fresh KC Aviar. Just dropped a fresh fossil in the bag and I can defiantly see a difference. Love this mold.

Hit metal again off the tee with a scale today. Front of the chains this time. That makes 4: 2 splash outs, one off the top, and one off the cage. Did hit a long jump putt on the next hole.

My beat up fossil is a thing of beauty off the tee. I can throw it as hard as I want and see no turn and just a little fade at the end. Kinda flies like a fresh KC Aviar. Just dropped a fresh fossil in the bag and I can defiantly see a difference. Love this mold.

Its crazy how useful the Scale is even when the fsde has worn off. I've been able to work some Scales in to the point of wear that allows for some really long tourqed lines that flatten out and settle down at the end. Many local courses here features right wooded shots that require some manipulation and the Scale is always there for me when I need a shot to fly a controlled amount of distance.

The Serp is a great mold as well, but with a beat up Scale I don't really need one.

My beat up Scale is covered, chunked, and still has s ton of life. A real testament to the longevity of the mold. Still not close to a fresh Wiz in terms of flight.

I put a scale in the bag back in January; I never really carried a Rhyno/VP-type disc so I wasn't really sure I would use it much. The course I maintain is a park-style course so it's pretty open, and it's up high elevation-wise for the area so it's pretty windy. There was a chance I'd find an OS putter userful, and the plastic felt good so what the Hell?

I went out for a round this morning and the park was unusually calm with no real wind to speak of. At the end of the round I realized I hadn't used the Scale at all. That was really weird since I throw the damn thing all the time. I throw it a lot more than I though I would and there are a couple of open baskets where I putt with it a lot. It really helps to neutralize some of the wind factor on that course. It took me some time to realize how much I was using it, but I'm pretty sold on it now. The Wizard is still the workhorse putter in my bag, but the Scale has a spot.

It will be interesting to see how it screws up the cycle down the road, though. I put in a Sentinel as my fresh Roc replacement a long time ago, which created the problem of how in the Hell do you get a seasoned Roc if you are not throwing a fresh Roc. Using the Scale has the new Wizard out of my bag; I could down the road have an issue there...unless the Scale beats in to replace the Wizard altogether.

I put in a Sentinel as my fresh Roc replacement a long time ago, which created the problem of how in the Hell do you get a seasoned Roc if you are not throwing a fresh Roc. Using the Scale has the new Wizard out of my bag; I could down the road have an issue there...unless the Scale beats in to replace the Wizard altogether.

I have a USDGC Champ Roc in my bag that has me in the same pickle and haven't put a fresh Wizard in my bag since I got the Scale.

Call me weird but I still have a fesh wiz in the bag with both my scales. Yeah, it's a lot of putters, but I think it works great. I prefer a fresh wizard off the tee 90% of the time and use a scale for 90% of my upshots, so they both get thrown

Call me weird but I still have a fesh wiz in the bag with both my scales. Yeah, it's a lot of putters, but I think it works great. I prefer a fresh wizard off the tee 90% of the time and use a scale for 90% of my upshots, so they both get thrown

I've been using the Scale more and more for approaches and was thinking of going that route too. I bought one of the Fossil Flex Wizards for this exact reason but its a little too fast for what I want out of a putter off the tee and wants to flip flat and hold but I found it to be quite useful when I can't decide between powered up Wizard or power downed Roc, perfect little tweener disc, just have to dial in that flip.

Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing. As my scale continues to beat in and straighten out a bit, I am curious if it will start overlapping with the fresh Wizard slot in my bag. Hasn't happened for me quite yet though, as my Wizards are definitely still significantly longer off the tee. For what its worth I bag three Wizards and a Scale. Killer putter combo IMO.

I'm cycling Scales and pairing them with a Voodoo for straight and turnover lines. No need for a Wizard between cycled KC Rocs and cycled Scales. Still need that Zone though. Scale doesn't cover Zone shots. Beat Scales carve beautiful S lines if given the height or lazerbeam without glide-bys if ripped hard and flat. Amazing mold.

Last edited:
The Scale is my money maker :hfive:

I'm so friggin proud of what this disc can be. I've get to have a Wizars thrower not end up bagging the Scale as a bookend.

I've gotten so accustomed to throwing the Scale on upshots that I feel like Wizards are sometimes too glidey...

Amy open hole that is within reach if the Scale, I'm pulling that glorious Fossil PnA out of my bag and ripping it flat, just right of my target. The glide,was flight carries the disc down the fairway and comes crashing on down by the basket... EVRY TIME.

I sometimes wonder if there were a top 10 PnA molds of all time, if the Scale would crack the ranks. It's just so good at what it is. Who knows.

I don't know about Top 10, but I just ordered a couple of Scales. I got tired of having to sort through 50 R-Pro Rhynos to find one that didn't have a horribly +ed out rim and then not liking it anyway. Hopefully I like it as much as everyone else seems to (and who doesn't love Jeff Goldblum).

Just received my scale today. It's a 1st run in I guess fossil plastic. It has a fossil stamp on the bottom which I dig. Man that plastic is rock hard but still pretty grippy. I'm sure the grip will only get more grippy which is exciting. I'm going to test it outside for a bit and play a round later. Will post with further results.

Shout out to jcassidy for the giveaway! Thanks man. Hope i like it, the grip (way it's molded up) feels amazing in the hand. Last one I felt seemed softer if I remember I surely like this harder plastic.

What are peoples thoughts on the armor scale? I have tar pit, fossil and fossil fuel and love them just wondering about the armor. I would like one of the original flat orange ones but looks like I'd have to settle for the pokemon stamp and hope they are flat.

Latest posts