• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

What's the flex like on the currently available yellow fossil fuel scales?

Are the first run and blank scales that are up now from the same run? Any difference between them?

Last edited:
What's the flex like on the currently available yellow fossil fuel scales?

Are the first run and blank scales that are up now from the same run? Any difference between them?

They are the same.
We will be working off the "First Run" for quite a while.

Dave basically went hog wild with running our molds so we still have about 1000 or so on the racks at the shop. We will just keep working through them with new art and such as we continue to fund raise for new projects.

What kind of plastic are you running these new molds (Raptor, Ptero) in? The facebook pictures don't look anything like Gateway plastic I've seen. Another new blend?

What kind of plastic are you running these new molds (Raptor, Ptero) in? The facebook pictures don't look anything like Gateway plastic I've seen. Another new blend?

They aren't Gateway :D

RDG is going to do something a little different than any other company.
We are going to work with multiple companies in producing discs for us.

Veeeery interesting. :hfive:

RFF Scales have been a fun addition to my bag. Awesome mold, for sure.

Just tossing some guesses out there and fishing for a response, haha. I know he used to bag Legacy fairways, the profiles look super similar, and Ptero/Patriot Raptor/Rival naming would make sense. Also guessing it would have to be a smaller manufacturer to play along with this.

The plastic still looks more like Champion/Lucid than any Legacy I've seen though. Of course that's from one side-view picture only.

I actually really appreciate that a lot. I know gateway has been good to you guys, but gateway hasn't really shown any inclination to make good durable premium driver plastic, and I'm glad that's not going to hold you back.

A little disappointed that the new molds aren't midranges, and the odds of you kicking my collector TL's out of the bag are basically zero. Maybe the Raptor will work for me. Regardless, I'll give 'em a shot and see what happens. Need any proto testers?

Oh. My. God!

I am fanboying so hard right now. With these (and hopefully that meeting with Dave for the mid happened this week like you were hoping), a Scale, and a Lizard or two, it looks like my dream of rocking an all RDG Gecko bag might happen sooner than I expected! So pumped.

I'd happily test these for you... AKA pay a buttload of money to get them ASAP ;)

Oh. My. God!

I am fanboying so hard right now. With these (and hopefully that meeting with Dave for the mid happened this week like you were hoping), a Scale, and a Lizard or two, it looks like my dream of rocking an all RDG Gecko bag might happen sooner than I expected! So pumped.

I'd happily test these for you... AKA pay a buttload of money to get them ASAP ;)

Phone call was made to Dave.
Things seem to have gotten a little hectic at the shop lately.

Don't wait for the mid. It will be a little ways off still.
I want it to be perfect. I won't rush out any mid so just enjoy the massive selection on the market before I can finish my design on the Gila :cool:

Phone call was made to Dave.
Things seem to have gotten a little hectic at the shop lately.

Don't wait for the mid. It will be a little ways off still.
I want it to be perfect. I won't rush out any mid so just enjoy the massive selection on the market before I can finish my design on the Gila :cool:

I respect that. And it's not like I'm unhappy with my Rocs.

Haha, so no matter who manufactures these, someone on here is bound to complain if jc tells us who it is. Better to not tell. My guess is Yikun or Salient, which would probably annoy folks on here the most, but they're probably the easiest to approach for something like this. I'd love it to be Prodigy because I really like Prodigy's premium plastic blends even if I don't always like the company's attitude. We'd probably get the least complaining if it were Legacy doing it; I don't see too much Legacy hate compared to other company hate.

Haha, so no matter who manufactures these, someone on here is bound to complain if jc tells us who it is. Better to not tell. My guess is Yikun or Salient, which would probably annoy folks on here the most, but they're probably the easiest to approach for something like this. I'd love it to be Prodigy because I really like Prodigy's premium plastic blends even if I don't always like the company's attitude. We'd probably get the least complaining if it were Legacy doing it; I don't see too much Legacy hate compared to other company hate.

IIRC James was pretty open about calling off the planned joint venture with salient/yikun.

I'm also betting that he will tell us in due time (like whenever these get ready to drop) but will allow us speculate wildly up until then

SPOILER ALERT

These will be produced through our friends up north....

Daredevil Discs!

Their plastic is awesome, they have great molds to tinker with and they could use some fresh marketing. Enter RDG to bring some reptile style to their mammal driven discs.

BEST OF ALL: they aren't riddled with controversy :)
Hopefully folks still support us for going above the border.

Latest posts