• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Just got the goldblum grey fossil fuel scale in- the grey fossil fuel is money. Little softer than the yellow X-ray one. Great stuff.

Sorta glad I missed the Fossil Wizards. I would have dropped ridonc money.

Oh and because it's been like a week since I asked...

Any word on the new mold?

Oh and because it's been like a week since I asked...

Any word on the new mold?

Hahaha. This round of fundraising has brought us ever closer to a new mold.

I still can't give a timeline as I'm at the mercy of Dave & Gateway but I will say that we are closer today than we were a week ago :)

Thanks as always for the love guys. I will admit that I was in a bit of an RDG lull of late but I am revved back up and I'm ready to get the ball rolling on a few new ideas. RDG is officially the brand that DGCR built.

Had an ace run with my 155 Fossil Scale chain through and trickle out the back side of the basket while I was prematurely celebrating today. The more to throw it the more I like it and I already liked from the first throw. What are the odds I can get a tar pit sub 160?

How would you rate the softness of the eraser Scales relative to other plastics? SS?

Hit metal twice today with my Scale from the tee. One was in and splashed out. So close.

How would you rate the softness of the eraser Scales relative to other plastics? SS?

Hit metal twice today with my Scale from the tee. One was in and splashed out. So close.

Nice!! Sounds like the Scale is becoming a go to disc :thmbup:

Eraser Scales are right in that SS flex range. They're softer than Fossil fuel but firmer than chalk rff. Feel pretty good and are some of the most velvety of our runs.

For anyone that what's a more durable Scale, the domey Armor Scales are flying beautifully. While domey, they keep a consistent stability & man dies the plastic feel amazing. It is crazy grippy & has a very "pro" like feel. It's tough, feels great & toys nicely.

Had an ace run with my 155 Fossil Scale chain through and trickle out the back side of the basket while I was prematurely celebrating today. The more to throw it the more I like it and I already liked from the first throw. What are the odds I can get a tar pit sub 160?

I have a a lot 150 class scales at the shop.
I can put together a care package for you. I've never been one to throw putters that light so im kinda just stubborn on stocking them.

Let me know and I'll show you what we've got!

Just got the goldblum grey fossil fuel scale in- the grey fossil fuel is money. Little softer than the yellow X-ray one. Great stuff.

Word. I just got a grey fossil fuel today too (classy gator). As much as I love my fossil scales this plastic blend is so money. I just recently put a fresh (fossil) scale in the bag, as my original proto is BEAT, looks like that one is going back in storage and the grey is taking its place. Plus Classy Gator is too cool not to bag.

Also I can vouch that the white and black chalk Gandalf's are awesome, as are the Fossil Liz Wiz's and Swirly Liz Wiz 2.0's.

When James said he has a great touch for picking wizards he wasn't kidding. RDG is officially my go to for Wizards now. The stamps rock and all 8 of the ones I've gotten from him over several restocks have been awesome.

Got my fossil lizards in today- awesome discs- I think I got one of the first runs cause it's bleeding orange through the mold,my other is pure white- they throw awesome. Even better grip when a little sweaty. Parking upshots and drives from 250ish :)

My only nitpick about the Fossil lizards is this: All my fossil scales have a gritty, textured completion to the wing. I absolutely love the grippy quality that texture gives the disc. The Fossil lizards do not. They're still awesome, and they still look and feel just like the vintage KC Pro if it was made with tears from baby Jesus, but I miss that gritty feeling.

Great wizards tho. One of mine is going straight into the bag as a thrower for sure. Not sure if the other will be a go to putter or not yet. I'm really digging my current putting wizards ATM.

My only nitpick is that I got a 154g and I can't stand 150 class discs. The other 10 discs I have gotten have all been max weight.

My other 2, 173 and 175, are going directly in the bag. Just wish they had all been max weight.

Last edited:
Got some Gandalf Wizards and a Jawbreaker Lizard on the way. Still mad at myself for missing the Fossil Wizards.

My only nitpick is that I got a 154g and I can't stand 150 class discs. The other 10 discs I have gotten have all been max weight.

My other 2, 173 and 175, are going directly in the bag. Just wish they had all been max weight.

Yea the lack of description on weight is the only bad part. All my scales came in at 175, which I like. One of the lizards was under that, and I like heavy putters.

Yea the lack of description on weight is the only bad part. All my scales came in at 175, which I like. One of the lizards was under that, and I like heavy putters.

We will get that taken care of....

Our shipping guru, Josh, tends to overlook weights as he's just now beginning his DG obsession. My apologies for the ninny weight.

I would just like to thank RDG and the Scale for the birdie it got me during leagues and winning my partner and I a third place playoff CTP and getting our money back. :D

Got some Gandalf Wizards and a Jawbreaker Lizard on the way. Still mad at myself for missing the Fossil Wizards.

The jawbreakers are sooooooo $

I hand picked those off a rack of Wizards that were coming straight out of the oven. Enjoy man. They're almost "year old" grippy right out of the box.