• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retrieve floating disc

Been really busy moving and haven't gotten around to it yet. I will post pictures of what I come up with eventually. Even if it is a rope with a stick haha

Picture of a floating retriever. $0.99 for 6 feet of pipe insulator from Home Depot. Works perfect, weighs nothing, take up almost no extra space in the bag and takes about 3 seconds to add or remove. Thanks for the suggestion a few posts back Chiefstang.

Attachments

• Floating Golden Retriever.jpg
    Floating Golden Retriever.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 46
Picture of a floating retriever. $0.99 for 6 feet of pipe insulator from Home Depot. Works perfect, weighs nothing, take up almost no extra space in the bag and takes about 3 seconds to add or remove. Thanks for the suggestion a few posts back Chiefstang.

Have you tried it yet? How well does it work?

Have you tried it yet? How well does it work?

Yeah, I tested it last night before posting the picture and it works great. Had no problem pulling in my floating Blizzard disc I used to test in my pool. Did not seem to have any impact to how far I could throw the retriever either which was nice. I was worried it would be more difficult to aim or not go as far but didn't notice that at all.

Glad to help!:thmbup:

Here's the trick to retrieving a water-logged disc... it's just a bit complicated though...

Step 1: Get in water
Step 2: Walk or Swim to disc
Step 3: Grab disc with hand
Step 4: Walk or Swim to shore
Step 5: Don't throw in the water anymore

Here's the trick to retrieving a water-logged disc... it's just a bit complicated though...

Step 5: Enjoy the rest of your round in stinky, dank clothes.
Step 6: Don't throw in the water anymore
Step 7: Realize that taking advice from someone who just started playing was a mistake.

FTFY

Step 5: Don't throw in the water anymore

This has already been discussed. I have already stated this is not the solution I am looking for. Ever heard of aligators? Also, I do not enjoy playing the remainder of a round soaking wet, and getting into my car with disgusting water all over me. Please educate yourself before posting again on this site. Thank you.

Last edited: