• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno wear stages

It's a slow, overstable approach disc. Good for forehands, weird over hands, crazy flex shots, spike hyzers, stall shots, windy approaches, etc...

It's not a disc that likes to fly straight, or stay in the air, at low speeds. It can be used as a putter, but you have to put a lot of stink on it to expect them to fly straight or hold an anhyzer.

No offense, but have you ever even thrown a rhyno. I ask because its my go-to putter, I drive with it, and also use it for anything inside 100ft. I have no problems getting it to hold an anny line or any line for that matter.

I don't know how they break in, especially the R-Pro, I throw Champ. I will say they have no glide, but they will hold any line you put them on.

Last edited:
Rhyno advocate

I carry 4 rhynos in my bag. They do break in some just takes a while. I throw champ and star. Have one that's worn eough to hold an anhyzer. One thatgoes pretty straight. 2 that are stable(newer).

No offense, but have you ever even thrown a rhyno. I ask because its my go-to putter, I drive with it, and also use it for anything inside 100ft. I have no problems getting it to hold an anny line or any line for that matter.

Rhynos are significantly more overstable than almost all other putters out there. Some people adapt their game to the Rhyno and do well. If you like the way it feels, go to town...

Like I said before, they're not as workable as Rocs or BB Aviars, but they can work. I threw a DX Rhyno for most of my 2nd year but never as my main putter, and only until I picked up a D Zone, which takes care of all the dirty work I used the Rhyno for.

Hmm... thanks for this feedback. After fondling a rhyno and tossing it a couple times, the thing that I liked most about it was the low profile. I have big hands and I felt like I had more control over the low profile of the rhyno than the wizard. Would you happen to have any suggestions for a wizardish low profile putter? <-- understanding that your suggestions could be more/less stable than the wizard.

Thanks!

Lower profile wizard = ridge. Ridge is going to be a bit more stable, but they feel pretty similar to me except for the lower profile on the ridge

I switched to wizards as my main putters from an r-pro rhyno. Once I started using the rhyno for driving and approach, it beat in pretty quickly over ~3 months on a rocky unforgiving course. It's now dead straight to slighly understable as high speeds, holds any line I put on it. I recently switched up to a champ rhyno as an overstable compliment to the wizrds and find it to be very workable but not nearly as overstable as the pro and rpro's.

You also might like the Jokeri, I haven't used one but have heard good things about them as rhyno replacements around these parts.

Last edited:
wow so the champ is less stable than the Pro..i have never thrown a champion but i just kinda assumed it would be more stable...but i guess thats why you cant assume anything :p

I was pretty surprised by it too, but it's more domey than any of the Pro and RPro's I'd played with before, figured that had something to do with it, has a real nice glide to it too for a rhyno.

U got a ****ty dud rhyno then. Champs are more stable than pros. Get a flat top or find a stiff pearly. My pearly stiff one has been in he bag for a long time and its still beefy.

Have you tried the Yeti? Its a lower profile aviar.

I def suggest the higher grade plastics for driving. I hate having a couple of bad drives making me need a new putter...

Thanks for the contribution but if D Greenwell has something to say I'm sure he can say it himself... so thanks for nothing

wow, bitter bitch, sounds like you need some man-love to cheer you up :thmbup:

U got a ****ty dud rhyno then. Champs are more stable than pros. Get a flat top or find a stiff pearly. My pearly stiff one has been in he bag for a long time and its still beefy.

I'm pretty happy with it, it works very well for it's intended purpose for driving and longer approaches, flies real nice and has good dependable fade to it and behaves well in stiffer winds.