• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocs & Wizard Round 2

...What kind of grip you are using (drives and putts)? Your putter work looks incredibly easy and it would be really nice to see a close-up video of your putting... I'm pretty sure that there is also something what we can learn from you :)

Thanks.

I'll take some photos today of my grips and maybe do a putting video soon too.

Nice video! There are two things that stood out to me.

First, how close to your chest the disc gets on drives.....Second, the quick "finger spring" when putting....

Good points. I was surprised at how close I pulled it along my chest, I feel like I'm out further when I'm throwing. Also I noticed if I don't have that spring to my putts and just lob it forward I miss low a lot, so I've been trying to get my putting form more consistent.

Here's those grip pictures: http://imgur.com/a/usOio/all

I don't recommend my putting grip, it's just what feels comfy for me. Putting my index finger under the bead always threw me off.

For some reason imgur is acting really weird, it's uploading one image 3 times instead of the others I selected. Oh well.

Cool, that's my putting grip exactly. I was watching a putting video by Feldberg and he was saying put the pinky against the rim of the disc. I couldn't possibly do this with a fan grip. Good to see someone else with the same grip who can make some sweet putts!

Mike C, next time I am in Ohio I will take you on for $5 at Handyman Ace Hardware. My bag vs. your rocs.

-Paul Priest #35109

You're gonna sneak into my backyard for a money round and not let me in on it?

Good idea. hahaha.

ditto on the putting grip.

if i put my index finger under the disc i lose all aim. i feel the need to point to my target with that finger when i release. since i started doing this more often i've landed some longer putts.

Hmm that's a good point about it being open. I don't know if I could find a filmer but if I do it I can at least test different disc colors against a similar background and see which ones stand out best.

Wish I had a video camera instead of shooting this all from a digital camera that records low res video. As it is on q lot of shots you can only see the disc leave my hand and land, not the flight.

Oh, and if anyone ever wants to throw 5$ on a game, your whole bag vs my putters and mids, I'm down. You pick the course as long as its in Ohio.

I just stumbled across this,it's a little old,but I'd take you up on that $5 round
anytime you want.

Ok. I throw Vectors Comets and Ions now for my mids and putters but the offer still stands. Any course you have in mind?

Mike,I was just kinda clowning,but I like playing for money. I'd play a round w/ ya, and I 'll use my buzzz,zone,and challengers,wouldn't feel right using my whole bag.

Why is the video down?

Also, I went out and playing a Roc/Wizard round today at my home course (the first few holes I was pissed because I left my favorite and oldest disc at the course I played earlier =/)

I usually shoot 6-7 down there with my whole bag and I think I shot 8 down today, with a couple missed putts. I was throwing really well. Its a great feeling having the confidence to throw a good shot on hole after hole after hole

I re-uploaded it to my new channel, www.youtube.com/thediscgolfvids, which is where all future uploads will go. I figure it makes more sense than the old channel name. Might want to turn your volume down, the music is really loud in this one for some reason.

Damn your KCs are stable... I need to get me some of those

Whats up with the baskets, it seems like every hole has a different type lol.

Cool vid though, I like the idea.. Wish I had a camera to do one myself.

Yeah Arboretum Park had 3 or 4 different types of baskets all mixed together. Some of those in the video are from the 80's I believe and were actually moved from a different DGC in Canton to Arboretum. They just replaced them and put up new pin positions too, you can see them here.

And KC's are nice. Never found a Roc I like as much as a KC roc. Perfect combo of grip, glide, durability and stability.

Latest posts