• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

one thing i am interested in observing is whether or not throwing style makes more of a difference using this disc than others.

since this is wide rimmed and wide diameter as well as heavier, i wonder if lever-style throwing vs standard form would produce a more appreciable difference in flight or how easy it is to throw? maybe easier to get it going and take advantage of the lever system since it's going to be big and heavy? even more of a "catapult" effect than normal, if you will.

probably way wrong, but still, after feeling the difference it seems like a heavier and wider disc would be easier to throw using the lever style.

i have a feeling it won't, but still wanna see.

Of course I did... I sorted ALL manufacturers by distance. I was just surprised because my poor memory tells me this disc was supposed to be stupid crazy long. I'll go back to the beginning of the thread to be sure, but I know Chris took a lot of jabs for saying this disc was so different than other and I distinctly remember distance was the big selling point. Maybe I'm wrong.

Still... none of the discs you mention nor any others in this class have such a small LSF... which is AWESOME! This appears to be the straightest damned driver around and that's exactly what I need for longer wooded tunnel shots.

So don't get me wrong, I love the straightness... just thought it was supposed to be the distance king. Let me research again....
Let me repeat once again. Distance was NOT the main selling point of this disc. Control was. However it consistently showed the Prometheus out driving TThe testers go to drivers. But Chris didn't praise the distance, it was the control. He stated yes the Prometheus was consistently farther but it was also more accurate than other distance drivers

The straightness of the flight path in the chart actually worries me. I have thrown a number of discs that were supposed to have very straight flight paths, such as the Mako and Mako3 for example, and none of them have turned out to be very good discs, at least not for me. Hopefully the same will not be true of the Prometheus. I guess we'll see in the next week or so. :)
The Mako and Mako3 are STUPID straight... they fly exactly on their intended line... unless you over throw them and then they tend to turn over slightly.

Let me repeat once again. Distance was NOT the main selling point of this disc. Control was. However it consistently showed the Prometheus out driving TThe testers go to drivers. But Chris didn't praise the distance, it was the control. He stated yes the Prometheus was consistently farther but it was also more accurate than other distance drivers

I just remember reading in the very first thread about Salient that this disc would fly farther than anything... something about everyone throwing it 800 feet. I thought that was a lot of bravado for sure. Something about a larger diameter driver with larger rim pushing distance records. That was what was touted... and if you make me dig up that thread I will.

Again, I'm happy with the control aspect, but Salient's original posts in here was more about distance than control.

"You guys are going to be amazed by the glide that these discs have. The world distance record will probably be broken with one of these discs."

I believe this is what you were referring to. I wanted to to do some digging myself to clarify that the statement was not made by myself, Chris or the rep running the Salient DGCR account. The last thing we want is to mislead future disc golfers throwing Salient's discs.

Easy decision for me, as I have a speed 7 arm.

Hope you power guys enjoy them.

"You guys are going to be amazed by the glide that these discs have. The world distance record will probably be broken with one of these discs."

Yup! That's the one that kept ringing in my ears. I'm buying either way... I love the idea of a super straight distance driver. We have lot's of tunnel shots here and this may be just what the Dr. ordered. Right now I have to flip something understable or hope I can move if from left to right through the tunnel hoping I hit my line. I'd love to have something I could throw flat and hard and know that I can make it out.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Free shipping for the Catalyst has been EXTENDED!!!! In addition to that, the market for the first run Prometheus in liquid line plastic has begun! Updated website to come later this week

These things just keep getting further and further away lol, I've been hoping to see it in my mailbox all week..... well..... all month really..... Just in time for the warmth to leave Michigan...

Those look really good! For some reason I thought the first run was red, but I prefer this look. 'Fanatic, do you have any idea how these are being shipped? I only ask because my mailman is an idiot, and if they're coming USPS I want to remind him not to force any more discs into my mailbox, especially an oversized disc like this one.

Precisely. Color for the first run is red and may possibly vary, as for weights they will all be around the 170-175 weight. As we expand we will have more options and choice of weights, however at this point we are making things as simple as possible to help reach the high level of quality and consistency we are trying to achieve.

Those look really good! For some reason I thought the first run was red, but I prefer this look. 'Fanatic, do you have any idea how these are being shipped? I only ask because my mailman is an idiot, and if they're coming USPS I want to remind him not to force any more discs into my mailbox, especially an oversized disc like this one.

The answer is right there.

I believe USPS. Mass orders are being shipped ups to vendors.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. I'll have to leave a note for my idiot mailman reminding him not to force any parcels into the mailbox.

Latest posts