• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

do these things even exist? i know i've been anxious to hear how they fly, but damn. learn to reach a deadline.

do these things even exist? i know i've been anxious to hear how they fly, but damn. learn to reach a deadline.

yes they exist and I am not going to repeat myself, read through the thread to find an answer

Attachments

• 1185520_487875167975374_1301852003_n.jpg
    1185520_487875167975374_1301852003_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 1235141_359990054132628_1232851607_n.jpg
    1235141_359990054132628_1232851607_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1236981_359988640799436_696210630_n.jpg
    1236981_359988640799436_696210630_n.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 85
Wow, they are actually a little wider in diameter than I thought. Ergonomics and all aside, I'm still wondering if my little fingers will be able to grip that rim. Can't wait to see some videos of people ripping this though

they're about as mythical as Prometheus himself :p
Honestly, I don't understand the people complaining about the timing on these. I am very eager to get my hands on one of these puppies, but from day one the company has said they're going to put quality and consistency ahead of all else. Compared to UB's failed Creamy Procul release, Prodigy's well documented screwups, and Innova's infamous lack of consistency I'm willing to wait a few weeks if Salient can deliver on what they've promised. Imagine how loud the screaming would be if they ran a bunch of discs that were about as consistent as the Groove! It seems to me like the combination of a new company gaining experience and striving to deliver a quality product is leading to these issues. However, if they deliver on their promise to have a Prometheus that's molded 3 years from now fly the same as the first run discs we're all eagerly awaiting this fairly minor delay will be worth it (IMHO at least).

I guess maybe I'm in the minority here though. I feel like I've got a solid bag already, and if this disc can add something, great. If not, it'll join a pretty decent sized stack of plastic that also couldn't kick an existing disc out of my bag. Either way, I'm not expecting this disc to be so revolutionary that I can't live without it.

Honestly, I don't understand the people complaining about the timing on these. I am very eager to get my hands on one of these puppies, but from day one the company has said they're going to put quality and consistency ahead of all else. Compared to UB's failed Creamy Procul release, Prodigy's well documented screwups, and Innova's infamous lack of consistency I'm willing to wait a few weeks if Salient can deliver on what they've promised. Imagine how loud the screaming would be if they ran a bunch of discs that were about as consistent as the Groove! It seems to me like the combination of a new company gaining experience and striving to deliver a quality product is leading to these issues. However, if they deliver on their promise to have a Prometheus that's molded 3 years from now fly the same as the first run discs we're all eagerly awaiting this fairly minor delay will be worth it (IMHO at least).

I guess maybe I'm in the minority here though. I feel like I've got a solid bag already, and if this disc can add something, great. If not, it'll join a pretty decent sized stack of plastic that also couldn't kick an existing disc out of my bag. Either way, I'm not expecting this disc to be so revolutionary that I can't live without it.
People are just impatient and the fact that it is a brand new company doesn't help the fact
anyway to get one for a test video? ill send it back or can $PP... Holler'
They already have plenty of testers. Most of which are still waiting but if you search ebay you can buy one directly from salient for 16.50

People are just impatient and the fact that it is a brand new company doesn't help the fact
I know, and I know my complaining about the complainers doesn't help. I guess I'm just frustrated that people don't see this as a positive instead of a negative. I'm more than willing to wait to get the right product and I respect the hell out of Salient for being willing to take a little abuse in order to put out the product that they want us to have in our hands.

I know, and I know my complaining about the complainers doesn't help. I guess I'm just frustrated that people don't see this as a positive instead of a negative. I'm more than willing to wait to get the right product and I respect the hell out of Salient for being willing to take a little abuse in order to put out the product that they want us to have in our hands.

Haha yeah taking the abuse is my job while they actually deliver the product. On another note my pre order from disc nation has been shipped and should be here Thursday! Stay tuned for the long awaited review!

Yep the initial run of pre-orders from Disc Nation is shipping out today. We were able to fill most of the early pre-orders but are still waiting on the other half of our blank batch from Salient to arrive. We are doing our best to stamp these blanks and turn them out to our loyal customers. Sorry to those that may still be waiting on the next batch to arrive. It shouldn't be much longer until we get those in and stamped.

It is definitely worth the wait. This disc is BIG but that doesn't make it hard to hold or anything. We threw some parking lot shots with the stamping setup disc and it had a nice stable flight(we have about 200ft of room to throw). The plastic is super grippy and has a little bit of flex to it. I'll take it to driving range here soon and give it a big rip to see how it handles higher power throws

Yep the initial run of pre-orders from Disc Nation is shipping out today. We were able to fill most of the early pre-orders but are still waiting on the other half of our blank batch from Salient to arrive. We are doing our best to stamp these blanks and turn them out to our loyal customers. Sorry to those that may still be waiting on the next batch to arrive. It shouldn't be much longer until we get those in and stamped.

It is definitely worth the wait. This disc is BIG but that doesn't make it hard to hold or anything. We threw some parking lot shots with the stamping setup disc and it had a nice stable flight(we have about 200ft of room to throw). The plastic is super grippy and has a little bit of flex to it. I'll take it to driving range here soon and give it a big rip to see how it handles higher power throws

Nice good to hear ZJ, yall are doing an excellent job, as flexible as usual

Yeah this is our first time doing a custom stamp pre-order for a brand new company. Its been a learning experience and the stamp is turned out to be really awesome. We try to keep exploring what we can do with the stamps. ZAM does a great job with the design. Always fun to stamp a new company

Yeah this is our first time doing a custom stamp pre-order for a brand new company. Its been a learning experience and the stamp is turned out to be really awesome. We try to keep exploring what we can do with the stamps. ZAM does a great job with the design. Always fun to stamp a new company

No kidding, that stamp is one of the sickest I have seen from Zam, next to the skulboy Zam collaboration on the first run shocks

my favorite is still his 2011 Asia Open stamp with the chains dragons, however, this is also a pretty sweet stamp!

Guess I'm on the second batch of pre-orders so I'll have to wait, but Zam rocked this stamp hard.
Thing of beauty.

For those who don't check the bag thread much. Here are pics of all 3 colors of the soon to come Catalyst!

o7swbd.jpg

9r817p.jpg

lf6tg.jpg