• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Catalyst will be my third bag and an upgrade from the Fade Crunch I'm currently carrying. After playing in my first tournament this year I realized I needed more room for backup discs and more non disc storage. I did some research and almost settled on a Fade Tourney bag when the Catalyst came onto the scene. I really wanted a backpack bag, but didn't want to pay too much, I just couldn't justify it being newer to the sport. Needless to say, the Catalyst fit perfectly with my wants and budget.

I have a red and black coming and I'm really excited to play around with different setups. I have a feeling I'm going to love the versatility this bag appears to offer. I'm hopeful its going to be great for a casual round or totally loaded up for a tournament.

The Catalyst will be my third bag and an upgrade from the Fade Crunch I'm currently carrying. After playing in my first tournament this year I realized I needed more room for backup discs and more non disc storage. I did some research and almost settled on a Fade Tourney bag when the Catalyst came onto the scene. I really wanted a backpack bag, but didn't want to pay too much, I just couldn't justify it being newer to the sport. Needless to say, the Catalyst fit perfectly with my wants and budget.

I have a red and black coming and I'm really excited to play around with different setups. I have a feeling I'm going to love the versatility this bag appears to offer. I'm hopeful its going to be great for a casual round or totally loaded up for a tournament.

that's exactly what I am thinking chrz so much so I have already sold my contender

I thought the Ranger looked boxy too in pics until I got one and thought it looked much better in person.

I thought the Ranger looked boxy too in pics until I got one and thought it looked much better in person.

I dunno, it's looked pretty damn boxy in videos too. I'm keeping up w/all the different bags out there, just not sold on a backpack bag being super needed. When I do go out, a lot of the time it's w/my daughters and my 5 1/2 yr old gets tired/bored after about 6 holes heh. I've played 20 in an afternoon w/my 8 year old tho.

The Catalyst looks nice enough. We'll see how it ends up once it's in people's hands. I'm probably not buying anything for a couple of months yet anyway unless I get a Christmas present for myself. :)

Ugh, that's a major downgrade in my opinion. The Ranger is SO boxy! IMO of course.

My wife has one and I agree -- at least in comparison to my Grip EQ.

The catalyst is boxy in a different way though. It seems less purposeful than the Ranger in its design.

Ugh, that's a major downgrade in my opinion. The Ranger is SO boxy! IMO of course.

I agree, and not just the boxiness but people say material doesn't matter much especially cause it's Ohio. unless you are playing a course in a short grass field 100% of the time the material does matter, I'm really curious to see the rangers that have been used for a year and see how well that 600D material is holding up. there's a reason why the top bag sellers use 1050D and 1680D Ballistic nylon and 1000D materials, it lasts, it clearly shows on the grips gorilla boys and voodoo bags as well as the physical flight bags

I agree, and not just the boxiness but people say material doesn't matter much especially cause it's Ohio. unless you are playing a course in a short grass field 100% of the time the material does matter, I'm really curious to see the rangers that have been used for a year and see how well that 600D material is holding up. there's a reason why the top bag sellers use 1050D and 1680D Ballistic nylon and 1000D materials, it lasts, it clearly shows on the grips gorilla boys and voodoo bags as well as the physical flight bags

I've said this before on other threads but the bottom of the Ranger is garbage. I have a buddy who golfs once or twice a week and has had the Ranger for three/four months and all four corners have worn through to the bottom plastic. The fabric isn't even attached to the frame. It kinda slacks down now. Other than the material, the bag is a really nice design. The materials, at least on the bottom however, suck.

If the Catalyst is well made I see it being a better option for people considering a Ranger. Especially since it's cheaper.

I am excited to receive this bag once it gets here... Talked my girl into getting it for my birthday... Ordered it after the pre-order period and knew I was going to have to wait a little bit... My current bag is an Innova Discarrier with backstraps... its been good to me but wanted a backpack style bag and this bag looks to cover my needs...

...the bags will arrive the last week of this month (November 28th) via sea freight.

Out of curiosity, where are the backpacks being assembled? Is this the same place Physical Flight Contenders (v1 & v2) were/are made?

Contenders were originally assembled in the U.S. To offer the same high quality but in a smaller package and a smaller price to make a huge mass order, the catalysts were assembled in Taiwan i believe

I've said this before on other threads but the bottom of the Ranger is garbage. I have a buddy who golfs once or twice a week and has had the Ranger for three/four months and all four corners have worn through to the bottom plastic. The fabric isn't even attached to the frame. It kinda slacks down now. Other than the material, the bag is a really nice design. The materials, at least on the bottom however, suck.

Glad I sold mine!!

Contenders were originally assembled in the U.S. To offer the same high quality but in a smaller package and a smaller price to make a huge mass order, the catalysts were assembled in Taiwan i believe

According to an earlier thread, the Catalysts are made in China.

Someone in the earlier (now closed) thread. Not you.

Would you please confirm where they are made?

Last edited:
Where ever this is:

attachment.php

Not sure the location was ever specifically stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.