• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont believe it was ever said where
a number of people just whipped china out of the place you talk from, when you really have no idea what your talking about

I understood this as a previously disgruntled customer getting info directly from Salient:

"Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH

Shipping from China to U.S. by sea freight = approximately 3 weeks (weather depending). Let's hope for good weather- but my final 2013 tournament Nov 9-10 is most likely going to be using my Fade Tourney bag. It'll be awesome for the 2014 season and beyond...

Thanks Salient for the updates and photos."

I understood this as a previously disgruntled customer getting info directly from Salient:

"Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH

Shipping from China to U.S. by sea freight = approximately 3 weeks (weather depending). Let's hope for good weather- but my final 2013 tournament Nov 9-10 is most likely going to be using my Fade Tourney bag. It'll be awesome for the 2014 season and beyond...

Thanks Salient for the updates and photos."

That is the shipping quota that the company he works for gets when buying a product from china...this COULD mean the bags were made in china but there are more countries in that general vicinity other than china. Taiwan is one of them

That is the shipping quota that the company he works for gets when buying a product from china...this COULD mean the bags were made in china but there are more countries in that general vicinity other than china. Taiwan is one of them

You sure got an answer to "rebut" this quickly, but have not yet answered my request to confirm with Kilgus where the bags are actually made.

Not trolling here, actually curious. As I'm sure others are.

You sure got an answer to "rebut" this quickly, but have not yet answered my request to confirm with Kilgus where the bags are actually made.

Not trolling here, actually curious. As I'm sure others are.

I texted him earlier but he hasn't replied. im not trying to knock your logic, but I distinctly remember him saying that. When Kilgus answers me I will tell you what he said but can't do that without a text from him

Are other Asian countries such as Taiwan known for having better quality control than China? I know it probably mostly depends on the individual plant and its logistics but in general. China has a pretty crappy reputation.

Are other Asian countries such as Taiwan known for having better quality control than China? I know it probably mostly depends on the individual plant and its logistics but in general. China has a pretty crappy reputation.

The reality is, that it doesn't matter if its made in China.
China can make some very high quality stuff.
as a company, you decide what and how you want something made.
They make it the way you want it.

You just need quality control, to make sure you are getting what you paid them to make.
Some less reputable manufacturing companys in China have been known to substitute knock off materials for name brand ones (fabrics or zippers in this case).

Last I checked, most of the parts in our computers were built in China. Fender and Gibson sent some of their best luthiers over to China to train people for the Squier and Epiphone lines and for the cost, the instruments they are putting out right now are pretty damn high. Some instruments are made in Korea or Indonesia and some people still prefer those to the Chinese manufactured, but as long as quality control is in place, nothing wrong w/Chinese products. Oh yeah, that smartphone in your pocket too :)

Last I checked, most of the parts in our computers were built in China. Fender and Gibson sent some of their best luthiers over to China to train people for the Squier and Epiphone lines and for the cost, the instruments they are putting out right now are pretty damn high. Some instruments are made in Korea or Indonesia and some people still prefer those to the Chinese manufactured, but as long as quality control is in place, nothing wrong w/Chinese products. Oh yeah, that smartphone in your pocket too :)

I think people myself included have a certain pride for things made in the US. Disc golf especially. everyone flipped a lid when Yikun came on the scene but you can't judge a book by it's cover. I have faith in the quality of the product because of past experiences and have learned 1000D never fails. if it does it isn't the material it's the seams that hold the material together (spinal tap straps) and all those bags were made in the US. Just because something is made here doesn't mean it's won't have flaws. it all comes down to WHO specifically makes the bag not what company over seas or not. Chris has made unwise decisions before about a certain bags features (mini pocket, camo material) but I have only counted a few customers that have had problems with seams where it was classified as a factory defect and those customers were taken care of. with this huge stock they ordered should that happen to a customer and the company can't fix it they will now have a full option to replace the entire bag free of charge. that is the big advantage here. and as always I will be available to contact here if you lack the faith to contact the company because of the lack of efficient customer service you have all heard reports of.

Yeah dgf I'm aware, I'm just saying that people automatically equating Made in China with Crappy Product is a really stupid blanket statement.

I have thought about making a "Salient Discs overall impressions" thread, where people can share experiences and awesome photos of bags on boats, but I wasn't sure which subforum to put it in.

I have thought about making a "Salient Discs overall impressions" thread, where people can share experiences and awesome photos of bags on boats, but I wasn't sure which subforum to put it in.

I think that's a good idea, but I wonder if people might just use it as a critique thread and we'll be back at square one with a landfill'd thread.

:\

Last edited:
If the same group of people continue to crap up this thread rather than creating a new one as I said to do in the cluster you guys created in the previous thread you will earn yourself an infraction. A second stupid post will result in an immediate one week ban.

So to repeat for those that missed it the second time, customer service issues with the company in question go in a SEPARATE thread. That means NOT this thread. This thread is for discussing the bag itself. If you guys weren't compelled to beat a dead horse I wouldn't have to take this stance.

DgFanatic, if this bag is well received do you know of any plans to make more to have on hand? Preordering is pretty inconvenient for some people. I'm a "I want it now!" Kind of guy and it's tough waiting between runs for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.