• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
The straps are comfortable, and overall the bag is as we'll. I know you say you have experienced these straps, but is this the same manufacturer that produced the physical flight bags? I know it is the same designer, but I was under the impression that salient used a different manufacturer than what was used for the physical flight bags

Thats a good question and you are right. they are two different manufactures. but chris wouldn't make the mistake of going with a manufacture that doesn't produce the same quality as the physical flight manufacture. this is of course my opinion and you do have a valid point about the straps. only time will tell

iacas and myself have felt with these straps before. I haven't had any issues and nether has he. I'll be surprised if they rip and if the ly do it will probably be the threads. are they at least comfortable?

The straps on all the PF bags I've had or seen are fine.

I guess what I don't understand is… what occupies the space behind that tiny top "pouch" area?

The area I've kind of "outlined" in this box:

space.jpg

What's there? Above the "go get it" pockets" and behind the front pouch which, I agree, looks really, really small.

I was wondering the same exact thing..

and i must add that it seems that we now have higher visibility when choosing our discs compared to the grip!

Thats a good question and you are right. they are two different manufactures. but chris wouldn't make the mistake of going with a manufacture that doesn't produce the same quality as the physical flight manufacture. this is of course my opinion and you do have a valid point about the straps. only time will tell

I understand. Not trying to knock them, it's just when looking at the top of the straps you can see the stitching in the seam. Not saying they will fail, just a possible point where people could see problems. Would've liked to see the seams a little bit deeper and covered in seam tape.

Well I need to get off here and spend some time with the wife! Hope everyone starts getting their bags soon so we can hear all the different opinions. Right now I feel like the only person in the world in possession of one of these bags.

I guess what I don't understand is… what occupies the space behind that tiny top "pouch" area?

space.jpg

What's there? Above the "go get it" pockets" and behind the front pouch which, I agree, looks really, really small.

Feels like nothing! Definitely a wasted space in my opinion

I'd also like to know the answer to this. I could have sworn Chris said in the old thread that you could fit a few beverage cans in there. I may be wrong, but it does seem like there's some dead space there.

I'd also like to know the answer to this. I could have sworn Chris said in the old thread that you could fit a few beverage cans in there. I may be wrong, but it does seem like there's some dead space there.

Maybe thats where you can fit a water bladder, up behind the discs in the main compartment? keep in mind that was also the proto. before the mini pocket was added.

Maybe thats where you can fit a water bladder, up behind the discs in the main compartment? keep in mind that was also the proto. before the mini pocket was added.

The mini pocket didn't change this. That's external. They added a zipper to a stretch of black fabric on the outside of that "wall."

This wasted space makes no sense if that's truly what it is. I thought it was like the Contender.

Yeah there is no way you could fit one can of anything in that pocket. It's probably 3.5 inches deep, 5 inches wide, and front to back its slim maybe 3 inches max. Wish I could get a good pic of it, but it's tough since it's a black fabric. I will try to do a video of it tomorrow if I get a chance

Glad I didnt order one now... I thought the video was kinda fishy that they never showed closing the flap over go and get it area with the discs in there. Judging by the pics provided it looks like plenty more room to make that top pocket bigger. For sure think they dropped the ball on that one. I would have to watch the video again but pretty sure the bag in video had an actual storage area and not a thin zippered flap. Not trying to be a dick at all and before some internet warrior comes charging in here .... I have the right to voice my opinion. Maybe I would feel different if I had got one for preorder price but no way I would pay the current price . The straps look pretty thin and not very reinforced based on the video and that is one area of concern which steered me from buying one. Straps break and your done. :(

Hope im wrong and it works out for you guys. I am sure they sold a boatload at preorder price and would be a mess if they werent up to par.

I agree also I know it's a "medium" backpack but there doesn't appear to be alot of storage space with is the whole idea behind a back pack I would think

Yeah there is no way you could fit one can of anything in that pocket. It's probably 3.5 inches deep, 5 inches wide, and front to back its slim maybe 3 inches max. Wish I could get a good pic of it, but it's tough since it's a black fabric. I will try to do a video of it tomorrow if I get a chance

So it's more than just an "envelope" thickness, at least.

My bag didn't ship today either, fwiw.

Here is the best pic I can get to give an idea of the size of the top pocket behind the mini pocket. This is one bottle of water and it doesn't fit sideways, and the pocket isn't deep enough to hold it

image.jpg

So it's more than just an "envelope" thickness, at least.

My bag didn't ship today either, fwiw.

Yes, great description. It's more of an envelope style of pocket instead of a whole top storage area. There is some space behind where it feels like they could've possibly made the pocket doubled in size, more like the 6x6x8 that was described

Here is the best pic I can get to give an idea of the size of the top pocket behind the mini pocket. This is one bottle of water and it doesn't fit sideways, and the pocket isn't deep enough to hold it

View attachment 43252

hmmm the only reason i can think of why that extra "space" is there for then is padding but even that is a long shot. I really need to get mine to see for myself

space.jpg

this is what i am trying to figure out
i was under the impression that was all open for storage

so is it just dead space we cant get to?

reminds me of the whole flak3 incident don't ya think? ;)

No regrets on owning a flak3. Its a really great bag. I loved the idea of this salient bag when it was first out for preorder but not sure I see the value anymore now that its price has gone up. Especially with grips price drop. Never owned a grip but love my flak3!!!!!!! Loads of storage cor discs, clothing and much much more.

im just going to be honest at this point.. So far I think we have built up pretty high expectation, well i have. and just seeing some of the feedback already kinda upsets me considering i have been waiting for awhile. Im still pretty pumped to get mine and try it out with a full load. Im all for things being light and portable and for the discs to comfortably slide in and out. If i get this bag and after a week or maybe longer (depending) of testing it I will decide if I want to sell it to a friend on my for retail price or not and just pay some more for a grip.. Im a pretty optimistic person but Im also impatient. I guess we will all find out when we receive our bags. (mine is black and grey) and im excited to get it out on to the course!
haha also very interested to see how to putter pocket works out compared to the grip.

ps. either of these bags is going to be a huge step up from my DIY bag

this is what i am trying to figure out
i was under the impression that was all open for storage

so is it just dead space we cant get to?

now i am really going nuts :wall:

on my grip A that area is the putter pocket
on this bag, the putter pocket is below, so i was sure that was all open for storage :doh:

I'm no expert, but I could see the need to keep it smaller being a structural deal. Given the placement of the carry handle, if the pocket was larger and went all the way to the back, if it was open and you tried picking a fully loaded bag up by the handle it could cause significant stress on the corners of the opening. By having that extra piece of material in there you sacrifice the storage space for greater stability and potentially fewer warranty claims.

This stinks to a small degree, but if the above is true it makes sense from a business perspective. Personally, I would have liked the extra storage, but all we were really ever told was that it would fit a wallet, phone, and keys. That's what's going into mine. Also, I'm sure there will be folks out there that will come up with a mod or two to open it up (and void the warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts