• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
:popcorn:

Well once more people start to receive bags and a bit of time passes, we should start to get some ideas of durability and functionality.

Havent got my tracking info yet how do I find my order number and what number would I be around if I was like The last preorder?

I'm no expert, but I could see the need to keep it smaller being a structural deal. Given the placement of the carry handle, if the pocket was larger and went all the way to the back, if it was open and you tried picking a fully loaded bag up by the handle it could cause significant stress on the corners of the opening. By having that extra piece of material in there you sacrifice the storage space for greater stability and potentially fewer warranty claims.

This stinks to a small degree, but if the above is true it makes sense from a business perspective. Personally, I would have liked the extra storage, but all we were really ever told was that it would fit a wallet, phone, and keys. That's what's going into mine. Also, I'm sure there will be folks out there that will come up with a mod or two to open it up (and void the warranty).

And this would be my third guess.

im just going to be honest at this point.. So far I think we have built up pretty high expectation, well i have. and just seeing some of the feedback already kinda upsets me considering i have been waiting for awhile. Im still pretty pumped to get mine and try it out with a full load. Im all for things being light and portable and for the discs to comfortably slide in and out. If i get this bag and after a week or maybe longer (depending) of testing it I will decide if I want to sell it to a friend on my for retail price or not and just pay some more for a grip.. Im a pretty optimistic person but Im also impatient. I guess we will all find out when we receive our bags. (mine is black and grey) and im excited to get it out on to the course!
haha also very interested to see how to putter pocket works out compared to the grip.

ps. either of these bags is going to be a huge step up from my DIY bag

this bag is for my wife
when the grips went on sale, we ordered one for her
(its been here for a week)
and she will choose which one she prefers between the two
then sell the other one.

I'm no expert, but I could see the need to keep it smaller being a structural deal. Given the placement of the carry handle, if the pocket was larger and went all the way to the back, if it was open and you tried picking a fully loaded bag up by the handle it could cause significant stress on the corners of the opening. By having that extra piece of material in there you sacrifice the storage space for greater stability and potentially fewer warranty claims.

Counter-argument: that space is 100% storage on the Contender. It has a handle on the top too. Bookbags and countless other bags don't use "empty space" for structural support.

This stinks to a small degree, but if the above is true it makes sense from a business perspective. Personally, I would have liked the extra storage, but all we were really ever told was that it would fit a wallet, phone, and keys. That's what's going into mine. Also, I'm sure there will be folks out there that will come up with a mod or two to open it up (and void the warranty).

And that's all I'll ever need to fit in mine, too. Most of the time stuff is floating around in a bunch of space in my Contender.

I'm not worried about it, or disappointed - it looks like what they show in the videos. I just wonder why the space seems to be wasted.

this bag is for my wife
when the grips went on sale, we ordered one for her
(its been here for a week)
and she will choose which one she prefers between the two
then sell the other one.

im interested to find out which one she likes!! yeah im afriad if i did want to sell it i would be too late for the grip sale.. but hey i may end up liking it a lot

Counter-argument: that space is 100% storage on the Contender. It has a handle on the top too. Bookbags and countless other bags don't use "empty space" for structural support.

And that's all I'll ever need to fit in mine, too. Most of the time stuff is floating around in a bunch of space in my Contender.

I'm not worried about it, or disappointed - it looks like what they show in the videos. I just wonder why the space seems to be wasted.

keep in mind though this isn't a contender and there isn't a zipper going all the way around this area

Bookbags and countless other bags don't use "empty space" for structural support.

The "empty space" is a byproduct of the support in my theory, not the support itself.

Thanks for the info on Contender, too.

that storage area was a big reason we ordered this bag
my wife wanted more room for stuff
i think she may be using the putter pocket on the grip A for storage :\

Matt im really curious does your wife have a name? lol all i hear is you say your wife

salient is slacking is some havent even received tracking info and some have received bags.. i guess im just hoping for my bag this week.

and it would have been a great addition if they have an additional pocket on top like the grips pocket for putters
but i dont love the go and get it

Status
Not open for further replies.