• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, this just popped up on their facebook

Their definition of "shipped" seems to differ from the common one.

My tracking number still shows "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." and UPS has not texted me about a package on the way.

Maybe this will change tomorrow, but that's what I thought Thursday night. And Friday. And over the weekend about today.

Again, I'm personally still not bothered by this - It's going to be about 20° here all week - but the lack of communication could bother others.

My tracking number still shows "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." and UPS has not texted me about a package on the way.

Maybe this will change tomorrow, but that's what I thought Thursday night. And Friday. And today.

Again, I'm personally still not bothered by this - It's going to be about 20° here all week - but the lack of communication could bother others.

Yes, I know what you mean

Very much this. But I am willing to bet that the reason that didn't happen was to keep the cost down.

That would be my guess as well maybe a brave soul will attempt a mod.

Again i got the label email but it has not been shipped...seems fishy that my email would suddenly be wrong...

Honestly once the bags are shipped I feel like Chris coming to this thread and making a public apology over various things (largely the confusion surrounding this release) would be a great pr move.

...seems fishy that my email would suddenly be wrong...

Yeah that announcement from Salient that 20 or so people had given them incorrect email addresses seemed kinda funky. One or two? Maybe. 20? That's either bad data entry on Salient's end, some lost information, or some spam filtering issues. But I know when I am spending more than $100 on something online, I am double checking my info before it gets sent off.

Yeah that announcement from Salient that 20 or so people had given them incorrect email addresses seemed kinda funky. One or two? Maybe. 20? That's either bad data entry on Salient's end, some lost information, or some spam filtering issues. But I know when I am spending more than $100 on something online, I am double checking my info before it gets sent off.

All my stuff auto-completes. Honestly I could see 20 false emails if they have gotten a few hundred orders (somehow people got their order numbers and I think I saw over 500 so who knows).

My statement was more that this is either an error by ups (unlikely?) or a flat out lie on the fb page. I have my 5 pound packages tracking number and ups says it hasnt been shipped because they dont have it so right now the math isnt adding up.

The email originally said I would have received it monday. Now im worried that no one will be around to sign for my bag.

All my stuff auto-completes. Honestly I could see 20 false emails if they have gotten a few hundred orders (somehow people got their order numbers and I think I saw over 500 so who knows).

My statement was more that this is either an error by ups (unlikely?) or a flat out lie on the fb page. I have my 5 pound packages tracking number and ups says it hasnt been shipped because they dont have it so right now the math isnt adding up.

The email originally said I would have received it monday. Now im worried that no one will be around to sign for my bag.

I thought they didn't require sigs

All bags are packed and shipped. If you were one of about 20 people that didn't receive tracking it's because your email you entered on the original order was wrong and tracking info via UPS is unable to be delivered to your email because of this.

The same emails with which they received their purchase confirmation email?

Shipped means shipped. It doesn't mean the labels have been printed.

The same emails with which they received their purchase confirmation email?

Shipped means shipped. It doesn't mean the labels have been printed.

All bags are packed and shipped. If you were one of about 20 people that didn't receive tracking it's because your email you entered on the original order was wrong and tracking info via UPS is unable to be delivered to your email because of this.

That's kinda interesting of them to say that. I still haven't had an email at all from UPS and yet I know that the email on my original order was correct because they emailed me a confirmation to that email address with that email address confirmed in it.

Hey all you baggers, let's see some sans- smoke and mirrors video reviews of the bag. I'd like to see a non biased presentation of the bag please. What I've read so far is not too reassuring. It's going to be a while until I get mine, so I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before all the other backpack winter sales are over. thanks

I too, find it odd that I have several emails (2-3) from Salient, yet my email address must be wrong. I can understand delays, and since Ga has seen nothing but rain for the last week or so, I am in no rush. I will NOT appreciate if they are lying to me though. Maybe I will get an update today, maybe not. It has been one thing after another. I appreciate these guys for making my bag, and hopefully it lives up to the expectations I have for it.

That's kinda interesting of them to say that. I still haven't had an email at all from UPS and yet I know that the email on my original order was correct because they emailed me a confirmation to that email address with that email address confirmed in it.

exactly what happened to me! i received confirmation and updates but not tracking.. at all

Maybe this will change tomorrow, but that's what I thought Thursday night. And Friday. And over the weekend about today.

What this means is that Salient has indeed shipped your package. They are probably using UPS online or tey do make a stand alone program. Either way, how it works is that when they plug in all of your info into the program and print the shipping label the "A UPS shipping label has been created" status will appear when you look of the tracking number online. Now if they created these label at a facility that is not UPS (which they most likely did because shipping 500+ bags from a UPS location would be annoying as heck) and did so after pickup hours (usually 4-5pm) then the packages would not e piced up until the next day or they would have to be dropped off at a UPS location. Either way, if you get that message then that means that Salient has done their job and shipped the packages and it is now all on UPS.

I can try to answer a few questions since it seems like I'm the only person with a bag so far. As far as receiving a disc with my bag I did not receive one. I ordered my bag on october 16th, so I guess I missed it by a day. I had purchased a Prometheus circuit board stamp from salient and was told it would ship with my bag, but it did not. Sent an email and they said it was a miscommunication and they would ship it out soon.

As far as the long side pockets, the one where the video shows an XL hoodie being pulled from, and the stool being stored; I tried to put a medium hoodie in it last night and there was no way it would fit. I did the test with both my main compartment full of 16 disc and the side pockets with 2 disc. I also took disc out of the side pocket and it was still to tight to fit my rolled medium hoodie, or the fleece jacket I tried

As previously stated the top pocket is much smaller than described in other threads. It really is just a valuables pocket, and not much else will fit in there.

I am going to try my hardest to get a video up this afternoon to show the pros and cons of the bag, if I can get out of work early enough. Hope some of these descriptions help, and hopefully some other folks will be getting their bags soon to offer up more descriptions and reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.