• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ching Scott Stokely was working on designing disc golf discs over the winter !!!

You probably could have bought the Ching name and rights for roughly the same amount of money as is floating around on the floorboard of my truck.
I had assumed Discs molds even ones Ching designed themselves were all horded by Innova who used parts for different molds or like Tank Rim a Beadless Rhyno developed by Ching was reworked into a Pig.

Last edited:
Was anyone ever actually bagging ching discs? I can only remember one guy who swore by the dimple putter thing.

The old Clearwater disc golf store couldn't sell any they had a massive stack by the front door collecting dust they never bothered to put them on the bin shelves.

I mean Ching was basically pushed out by Innova so Innova could steal the Supreme plastic and make stiffer into Champion as Innova alone was having issues making an Elite-Z like plastic, make Chings one heavy duty foldable basket as Innova Discatcher portable, and swipe color stamp tech for use only on Ice Bowl winner discs. Ching owners were looking for a new seller in 2004--2005 when brand was stopped so I assumed Innova owned brand and swiped tech/basket from Innova.
Very little of this is factual.

Was anyone ever actually bagging ching discs? I can only remember one guy who swore by the dimple putter thing.

The old Clearwater disc golf store couldn't sell any they had a massive stack by the front door collecting dust they never bothered to put them on the bin shelves.
Yeah, I pretty much only ever saw them in stacks of loaner discs.

My dad when he played used a Ching Juju Was 1 of 2 in South Dakota. I saw players a few years older then me use Ching Roc Discs with odd top as only disc really selling from Ching besides Juju for over 40 players.