• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Shimmer and Luster Plastics

I haven't tried any Shimmer or Luster plastics but davidrboy swears by his Luster Collosus and Shimmer Foxbat. He says they've shave tons of strokes off his scores and help attract the opposite sex better than Stetson cologne.

I don't have any experience with Shimmer plastic. My max weight Luster flat top Firebird is really beefy, even for a Firebird. It's one of if not the most overstable Firebird I've ever thrown. My max weight Luster Destroyer is super beefy as well. It's so overstable I don't see a reason to put it in my bag. Both are yellow and look really cool. The Firebird is in my bag for now. It's great for overhand shots. It pairs well with my seasoned Sexton Firebird.

My luster Thunderbirds definitely have a little more fade to them than a regular run Champ Thunderbird. Almost like the domey Firebirds. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I have Firebirds for those shots.

Yeah my turns feel rock hard, and no dome. No puddle on the top so I know that plastic cooled nice and tight. I can't wait to work these to see if an overstable tern exists!!

My only experience is with a Shimmer Star Mystere. The plastic is like GStar, not quite as soft, but not near as firm as regular Star. I was disappointed by that when I got the Mystere, and I was not happy with the Shimmer Mystere's flight, either. We'll see what happens when... make that "if"... it ever gets cold here...

if you haven't tried the luster terns yet, you are sorely missing out. the best terns ever made.

Where did you get one? Are they in production?

not in production, but they can be found. DGU has some F2s as well.

they are stiff and feel great. most stable tern i've thrown. they really are a perfectly beat destroyer, but shallower. 12/6/-1/2.5

Last edited:
I have never figure out how to navigate that site. Yes, I suck at the internet.
HA! It's definitely a bit dated, that's for sure.

I've found it's usually best to email or call with what you're looking for anyway. The "In Stock" amounts aren't always accurate, but he usually tends to be able to magically find what you're looking for.

I saw AJ post this on his Instagram a few weeks ago, and I'm baffled. Does anyone know where/when we can get this stuff? It looks awesome! Luster and shimmer plastics. Looks like star but I'm not sure.. Did a search but nothing came up.
https://instagram.com/p/BDs9-R_I7ts/

The fun thing is that Discmania releases those plastics from time to time on their discs, which are manufactured by Innova. So, often with plastics that Innova reserves for tournaments or the pro shop, Discmania just puts them out as stock plastics...like Swirly Star or Luster. You can get swirly "S-Line" DDx, FD, etc. You can get "C-Line" Luster PD, FD, P2, etc. It's pretty plastic.

The fun thing is that Discmania releases those plastics from time to time on their discs, which are manufactured by Innova. So, often with plastics that Innova reserves for tournaments or the pro shop, Discmania just puts them out as stock plastics...like Swirly Star or Luster. You can get swirly "S-Line" DDx, FD, etc. You can get "C-Line" Luster PD, FD, P2, etc. It's pretty plastic.

this is how I received my first Luster Tern in 2014. stock stamped but clearly different from the rest. they were very hard to find anywhere until the recent limited releases.

How many of the happy holidays luster thunderbirds were produced? Picked up 2 of them and now I see alot of company's sold out. Green stamp 169g and a Red stamp 171g. Any idea on how many were made going by weight or stamp color? Thx for reading

Anybody throw the Luster Colossus yet? Want to describe how they fly?

I'm throwing a Star and regular Champion, but would love something a little bit more stable for when a little wind picks up. I already have a couple beefy destroyers for when the wind really picks up, but I want something that can get more distance.

How do the luster teebirds and thunders fly? More stable or similar to normal champion plastic?

I was just reading up on these plastics and though I've never thrown or held either, seems to be a unanimous "more overstable" vote.

My Luster Rhynos are actually less stable than my Champ. Luster PDs are about the same as S-PDs,
my Luster Thunderbird is about the same as my Champs but I don't really throw them. Shimmer Star Roc3s are more OS than regular Stars especially if they are flat.

My Luster Destroyers are more overstable than most regular Champion I've thrown. My Luster flat top Firebird seems about as overstable as any other flat top Champion. It's hard to tell though with discs that are that beefy. I've been told Luster P2s are more overstable than regular C-Lines. My Luster Teebirds are on the flatter side. So they're more overstable than a Champion Teebird that has some dome to them. The Luster PD I field tested had less fade than a 3rd run C-Line. Luster MD3s are more overstable than stock C-Lines. So not all molds are more overstable in Luster, a lot are though.

Latest posts