• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skyiron Disc Golf

Nice to see someone from the Columbus market getting in the game. Have you got these down at the Disc Golf Mart yet? I don't really have any business throwing a speed 11 driver but it looks interesting. I'll definitely have to check out the hometown disc when I get a chance.

Bust out a fairway or stable mid and I am your man for testing.

Looking forward to seeing future stuff.

Nice to see someone from the Columbus market getting in the game. Have you got these down at the Disc Golf Mart yet? I don't really have any business throwing a speed 11 driver but it looks interesting. I'll definitely have to check out the hometown disc when I get a chance.

Whether I get a "free" disc or not is irrelevant to the points I made in my post. Not once did I mention anything about how the disc will fly, it's speed, it's dimensions, it's flight ratings, it's anything.
:|

I have sent an e-mail, and am very interested in trying out the disc. I'm very curious about how the plastic feels, how resilient it is, and of course about the flight. My home course has gravel fairways, and may be a good candidate for durability testing and how long-lasting flight characteristics are.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have a stack of address I'll be sending discs out tomorrow to a range of different players and play styles. Hopefully those reviews will start to pop in early next week. I'm going to close the door on any more reviewers for now.

This disc looks like it would be an awesome turnover compliment to my Wraiths. My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, so I might just have to pic a few up.

I'm a sucker for the underdog, so I would love to see somebody new come into the scene and start putting out usable plastic. Good luck!

I will buy one when they come out. Good luck with it and all of your future releases.

You suck :p. Its like 90 and so humid you can't breathe here.

Yeah, we're freakin' lucky out here. :p

I'm glad you edited your post... you know I ain't like that! ;)
I was a bit harsh, and pm'd dude to apologize.
It's all good now. :thmbup:

Hope you're well Kristy, and I'm glad "the man" didn't come down too hard on you! :hfive:

Ok, NOW I'm off to the course!

5 minute flim flam...not centered or wedited not great but semi presentable

I LOVE IT!
Sorry... I was raised in the military, and I might be slightly biased in that reguard.

I have some plans but for now I'm just trying to get my brand and Flagship out the door.

Let's git 'er done.

This disc looks like it would be an awesome turnover compliment to my Wraiths. My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, so I might just have to pic a few up.

I'm a sucker for the underdog, so I would love to see somebody new come into the scene and start putting out usable plastic. Good luck!

Drick... looking at the profile pics, I see exactly what you see. The reviews will tell.

You suck :p. Its like 90 and so humid you can't breathe here.

Wuss... :p

Well, I hope the disc makes it down to Tejas soon. It's fun to say to my friends "yeah, it's PDGA approved".

On a side note, Bulleit Rye is an ace on the 19th hole... and I wish it was only 90 here.

This is an early review of the flagship and by no means is it my final review:
The plastic itself feels somewhere between an innova star plastic and a innova champion plastic. It's soft but VERY grippy which I like a lot. I have been able to get very good distance with it (for my play level which is upper rec league to intermediate, I am by far not skilled enough to throw in pro.) I personally don't have to many issues with high speed discs (such as the flagship), and have had no issues with the actual plastic itself. It is perfectly molded just like any other disc on the market. I throw a RHBH hard anhyzer shot that makes a nice S-turn. This disc can do just that. The only thing about this disc is my style of throw, which is that it tends to turn on me at the end. It's not a massive turn but a good turn. Please remember that this is just my personal way of throwing the disc, your results will be very different from mine most likely. I personally have found this disc to be great for woods shots and long shots. Most of the time though I use it for max distance in a tight wooded area because it's so high speed and has a nice fade and turn to it. I actually about aced a 275ft. wooded shot with it today which was nice. I personally quite like this disc, takes a good few holes to get used to, but its a damn good addition to my bag. I will give an extended review later.

I just read back on everything posted and I really can't believe how everybody is getting so hung up on the stamp. Does that really matter? I guess I just don't get hung up on the way a disc looks. I'm also not that big on what color I buy, as long as it does what it's supposed to, and I can find it when I need to.

I find it interesting to say the least ...

I just read back on everything posted and I really can't believe how everybody is getting so hung up on the stamp. Does that really matter? I guess I just don't get hung up on the way a disc looks. I'm also not that big on what color I buy, as long as it does what it's supposed to, and I can find it when I need to.

I find it interesting to say the least ...

How 'bout that?! Do you find it highly illogical as well?

No one is "hung up" on the stamp.
It's pretty clear that the owner wants to sell discs and equally clear that he thinks all disc buyers are like drickanderson. For all the thought that went into the flight/disc design, not much went into presentation.

You don't have to agree or understand it...just recognize it

How 'bout that?! Do you find it highly illogical as well?

No one is "hung up" on the stamp.
It's pretty clear that the owner wants to sell discs and equally clear that he thinks all disc buyers are like drickanderson. For all the thought that went into the flight/disc design, not much went into presentation.

You don't have to agree or understand it...just recognize it

Wow .. knee-jerk much?

Having it called, awful, ugly and in your words "80's" clearly constitutes being 'hung up'. Even to the point of the guy saying that he was going to change it. I was just stating the fact that I don't understand that. It certainly doesn't mean that the stamp doesn't affect sales, because clearly not everybody feels the way I do (as evidenced by this thread). He obviously felt the same way that I do, but was proven wrong by the response he got here.