• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Skyiron Disc Golf

Just a small update, I've sent out information to about 200 disc shops around the US and Canada and some orders are coming in from small shops and online retailers. I appreciate all the support, comments, ideas, and constructive criticism. A lot of members have contacted me personally and offered their areas of expertise which is awesome, this is a great community I am kicking myself for not being involved in earlier but better late than never.

I know someone posted on here before saying they had a deformed disc because of poor shipping & handling but they found a way to fix it.

Luckily this happened to a sample disc I sent out and it was able to be fixed and reviewed. I've beefed up my packaging and this is only a concern for individual sales direct through Skyiron (which I hope to move away from shortly as bigger online retailers are starting to make orders). Those bigger orders I'm set up to box and foam real nice.

Looks fine. But please get that company name properly kerned! There's waaaay too much space between the second and third letters of SKYIRON. Looks like SK YIRON.

Thanks.

image.

logolowrez.jpg

Skyiron

Honor Guard does good stuff, as you can see

you should retain him to do your hot stamp artwork

I just saw this thread today. Personally I could care less about the stamp. One of my favorite drives is bottom stamped so I just see a nice clean orange color. In fact I think the stamp is a hellava lot better than some of the silly cartoons from Innova. And the milling on the bottom is of no consequence as an aesthetic feature, but if it truly improves grip, these sweaty hands will love it.

Now what really intrigues me is the disc profile. The disc looks very flat, almost concave. I like that in a disc. That design is perfect for FH throwers such as myself. My 2 main FH drivers are a Flick and an uber flat topped Pulse. The Pulse has very similar characteristics. And I get it out to 300 sometimes a little more. If the Flagship is as flat as the pics show and it is consistently flat, this could be a great deal for me. Current runs of the Pulse are domey and don't fly the same as my flat top.

I'm a pretty fair recreational FH thrower and I'd love to test drive one of these things.

Wow, that logo looks great. If you could put that onto a clear background, it'd make a great sticker.

Luckily this happened to a sample disc I sent out and it was able to be fixed and reviewed. I've beefed up my packaging and this is only a concern for individual sales direct through Skyiron (which I hope to move away from shortly as bigger online retailers are starting to make orders). Those bigger orders I'm set up to box and foam real nice.

Yeah, everything will improve once you can rely on the retailers instead of having to ship everything yourself. I hope the orders keep coming in and I wish the best of luck to your business.

Not a full review with only a handful of throws but here's a brief synopsis. This is a very long flying disc. It seems to be slightly less stable than a katana, with a little more speed than a wraith. As a headwind driver it really struggles. I only got a few throws off into 8-20 mph headwinds (two separate times) and after about 100' it flipped hard to the right on me each time thrown with a lot of snap and a mild Hyzer release. With some tweaking I believe I can make it work in this situation, but may be sacrificing some consistency. With a tailwind this disc bombs. The same 8-20 mph tailwind when thrown flat produced a long arcing S curve that was tight enough a line to throw on most wide fairways. It also would fly a nice long consistent Anhyzer. Side by side with Katanas it was flying on average 10-15' further with the favorable wind and getting 430-450 of very usable flight. It may become a go to for me in long tailwind situations if I'm able to maintain consistency in those conditions which is seeming likely. I'm looking forward to more testing with this disc. Even after landing on gravel on 3 of my 6 throws the disc remains unscuffed.

Extreme makeover, that looks sharp! Can't wait until some online retailers start carrying this thing. Great work Honor Guard.

Still waiting for that disc he said was in the mail.........

....<blink>....

pwnd.

DANG, great new design!!! Looks Amazing; want to touch/feel/fondle/violate.... what....

Skyiron Plastic

Just threw this disc for the first time last night. I think the Flagship may be a bit of a hard sale due to the flight path, but holy hell is the plastic worth getting excited about! This stuff is super grippy, durable, and just feels great. It reminds me a lot of my CE Valkyrie X (2nd run) in terms of grip and at least feels nearly as durable. With the glass flat top on this disc, there is potential for some really awesome molds to be made from this stuff.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see something a little more HSS stable for real line shaping!

P.S. If you are looking for good distance from an easy throw, these Flagships are the answer. Much better than buying a new R-pro boss every three rounds to replace them when they get too dinged up.