• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

smaller baskets are a static gimmick, here's the fix

I think less chains say stick with 20-24 and no third inner set is the Issue with tournaments past C tier on the Pro side or with good Am 1 players especially Am 1 open and Males are playing. This fix forces the player to be more accurate without having to sacrifice too much for the player, can quick modify baskets for tournaments be taking out the 3rd inner set of chains and most baskets will fit for PDGA rules. There are only a few production baskets with lots of chains in only a double set are a bit harder to fix.

Question for the experts.... when it comes to dg course design, is it mandatory that every par 3 has a legitimate chance for an ace?

-DISCLAIMER- I'm no expert

No, not all par 3s need to be aceable.

[/my_opinion]

We don't have to change the equipment to make putting harder. Simply use the player rating to generate new challenges for the players before putting.

My proposal:
Let the players do burpees before a putt within circle 1, a different amount depending on the player rating. I think the exact number should be decided by a committee that can better monitor the fitness level of the players by rating, so the following lists are just an example.

player rating : number of burpees to do before putting inside c1

>1050 : 25
1000-1050 : 20
950-1000 : 15
900-950 : 10

As already discussed in another endless thread, it's only about the top players, so you might want to start with a player rating of 1000 or higher. That would certainly be worth discussing...

Maybe you could add a burpee for every second rating point above 1000:

1000 : 1 | 1002 : 2 | 1004 : 3 | ... | 1050 : 26 | 1052 : 27 | ...

What do you think...

We don't have to change the equipment to make putting harder. Simply use the player rating to generate new challenges for the players before putting.

My proposal:
Let the players do burpees before a putt within circle 1, a different amount depending on the player rating. I think the exact number should be decided by a committee that can better monitor the fitness level of the players by rating, so the following lists are just an example.

player rating : number of burpees to do before putting inside c1

>1050 : 25
1000-1050 : 20
950-1000 : 15
900-950 : 10

As already discussed in another endless thread, it's only about the top players, so you might want to start with a player rating of 1000 or higher. That would certainly be worth discussing...

Maybe you could add a burpee for every second rating point above 1000:

1000 : 1 | 1002 : 2 | 1004 : 3 | ... | 1050 : 26 | 1052 : 27 | ...

What do you think...

I like it. Out of the box thinking.

Another option, players have to low crawl inside C2 to get to their disc. When they reach the disc they have 5 seconds to throw.

Watching GMC, it's pretty clear that these guys are damn good when on. Eagle was smashing center mass—until he wasn't. And the putts were not falling.

I've always wondered why multiple pin positions are not utilized more. Drives can be dialed in if practiced enough but if baskets can be different places between rounds...each round should be a slightly different hole.

I've always wondered why multiple pin positions are not utilized more. Drives can be dialed in if practiced enough but if baskets can be different places between rounds...each round should be a slightly different hole.

I don't think that is a bad idea. It's no different than a tournament that plays different courses--just a tweek rather than a complete change.

Then again, I didn't realize that players were allowed to play a course repeatedly during the week prior to get dialed in. Certainly it allows players to be at their best during the tournament, but it also not how they would perform if they showed up with much more limited time on the course.

Simon did a video playing a course "blind". I would like to see a tournament like that.

Latest posts