• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

snap helios

dgdave said:
Still nothing? I don't know why I'm so excited about this disc, but I am and I want one now.

Me too. The why: Low disc for offsetting the increased drag caused by large diameter with wide wing means it should still be quite fast. But with the large diameter it ought to be glidey despite the lowness. Sort of like SOLF but glidier and probably close to the same speed possibly faster. Does my thinking sound right? To me a disc with these properties sounds good as long as the fade isn't too hard to negate the gliding potential of the large diameter.

I hope Snap isn't the second coming of Discwing. Did you happen to see that the Discwing launch was pushed back into 2008 :lol:

Jerry R said:
Fritz said:
Did you happen to see that the Discwing launch was pushed back into 2008 :lol:

That's been pushed back about 2 years now, hasn't it?

YUp, and they were suppose to release it for December Christmas shopping but now they delayed it again! :lol:

dgdave said:
Pre-orders aee now being taken! www.snapdiscsports.ca I'm on the list! WOOHOO!!

Being a die hard fan of the Whitler I still think that I'll save myself some grief by not ordering one yet. I've seen it so many times that companies release protos that are totally different from the production variant. And many people say that the proto is where it's at and then they are miffed about not being able to replace their "golden" disc once it beats in. Things just may be different this time around because they were supposed to be released before Christmas. Maybe just maybe these are regular production discs. Does anyone know?

JR said:
dgdave said:
Pre-orders aee now being taken! www.snapdiscsports.ca I'm on the list! WOOHOO!!

Being a die hard fan of the Whitler I still think that I'll save myself some grief by not ordering one yet. I've seen it so many times that companies release protos that are totally different from the production variant. And many people say that the proto is where it's at and then they are miffed about not being able to replace their "golden" disc once it beats in. Things just may be different this time around because they were supposed to be released before Christmas. Maybe just maybe these are regular production discs. Does anyone know?

These are regular production discs. They have already tested the protos, and a few have actually been flying the skies in Canada for the past several months.

I'm just messing around. I think this assures you a helios and you'll get it directly from Snap and not have to go through a dealer.

Bradley Walker said:
Jerry R said:
dgdave said:
I think this assures you a helios

:)

I have to say I am skeptical that anyone is going to leap to level of Innova and Discraft distance drivers in one shot.

Wouldn't disagree. I really don't have any expectations of this disc. My desire for it is a little irrational as I don't feel I have any holes in my bag right now. I went to college just across the border from Vancouver BC, and have always thought it was one of the coolest cities I've ever visited (plus the drinking age is 19 which was pretty advantageous to a college underclassman), so I want a disc from there. I tried the Whittler, but just couldn't see it in my bag. FWIW

this disc could be a flop. if protos are floating around out there why hasn't anyone written some reviews? if this disc was something special we'd hear about it from those who have thrown it. i could be wrong, but that's the feeling i get. i'll wait until the release see what the reviews say.

There weren't many protos out there and the majority, if not all, of them are in BC, Canadia. There hasn't been widespread testing.

i knew that they tested in canada, but canadians don't get on the internet? i admit i don't see them often. i just thought snap would want people to create a buzz about it and maybe encourage some of those lucky testers to say a few things. maybe they only tested them with hosers, eh?