• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Shot my highest rated round ever at 949, 30 points above my previous high.

8 birdies and zero boogie round on a 20 hole layout. Also flubbed a 15 foot putt and had 40 footer chain out bottom right for brides. And two 60+ putts that drew metal as well.

Knocked 6 off today.

Pretty good way to start the day. Went out to my favorite 10 hole course in Parker. Stonegate Village and played 2 rounds. First round was +5, second round +4. Pretty darn pleased to knock a few off. Previous round three days ago was +10.. All in all no complaints.

Shot my best Cali round ever. All deuces with an ace, 35 (-19 under). Ace was a first shot to boot of course. 265 with a Trust hyzer.

Got in a round at the neighborhood 12 with no bogeys. That's a first. Not my best score, but a first.

Got 2 rounds in with my brother and one of my childhood best friends, couldn't hit a putt outside about 15' but still somehow won both rounds.
Millstream Park in St. Joseph and Calvary Hill Park in St. Cloud MN.

Played a 3 course tourney today... got really good partners, shot pretty solid.. Had a lot of lucky bounces, no bad breaks, had the lead in first group going solo.. Took two pars.. No worries...

On the last hole tried to "Tin Cup" it past a tree, third time was the charm, took a double bogey. Just enough to make me worry but I had some padding. Won the trophy by 2 strokes. :D

Played for the first time in 2 long months over this weekend while I am still re-learning how to walk again after being out for a fractured leg. I used my crutches to get from hole to hole and won't be x-stepping anytime soon but am making good progress.

That being said, I managed to still get a few birdies and only a few bogies this weekend although the courses I played were pretty forgiving and didn't require a whole lot of distance. Overall, I'm excited to be back and hope I will be 100% again within a few weeks/month.

Played for the first time in 2 long months over this weekend while I am still re-learning how to walk again after being out for a fractured leg. I used my crutches to get from hole to hole and won't be x-stepping anytime soon but am making good progress.

That being said, I managed to still get a few birdies and only a few bogies this weekend although the courses I played were pretty forgiving and didn't require a whole lot of distance. Overall, I'm excited to be back and hope I will be 100% again within a few weeks/month.

Well where'd you play? and heal up soon.

I putted stupidly well (for me) today at Big Eau Pleine. Shot a -9 from the shorts, -2 from the mids and a -7 from the shorts on the last round. DGCR has four par 4's on the scorecard, 3 of which are legit. Hole 18 shouldn't be a 4 IMO. I was putting for eagle the last round and ended up taking a 4 cuz I'm greedy. And dumb. :doh:

Well where'd you play? and heal up soon.

Was up in the Northland area for Beef-o-Rama in Minocqua so found some time to play a few high schools near there and that one that's in Phillips I played the day before which was my first time playing in 2 months. Will come back for the rest of those decent/good 18 hole courses this summer especially Rookery Run and Highbridge.

Was up in the Northland area for Beef-o-Rama in Minocqua so found some time to play a few high schools near there and that one that's in Phillips I played the day before which was my first time playing in 2 months. Will come back for the rest of those decent/good 18 hole courses this summer especially Rookery Run and Highbridge.

Elk Lake Park in Phillips I'm guessing. Just played that last year. It's ok. Highbridge is a blast but you need to be all healed up for that one. It's a brute of a complex.

Played my worst full day of disc golf since the establishment of the ratings system yesterday...:sick:

milestones:
second lowest rated round ever- 863 :sick:
lowest rated multiround day ever- 881 :sick:
first multiround event with all rounds under 900, second day ever with both rounds under 900 :sick:

Didn't even putt all that badly in doing it...:sick:

I now have as many sub 900 rounds this year as in all the time since 2004 combined. :sick:

Aging is real... :sick:

Still enjoyed my day for the most part playing with friends.

Played my worst full day of disc golf since the establishment of the ratings system yesterday...:sick:

Sometimes we need a "not nice" button

Aging is real... :sick:

Beats, as they say, the alternative. Welcome to the club.

Still enjoyed my day for the most part playing with friends.

:thmbup:

I bagged a couple of new courses yesterday in southern PA: Creekside and Little Chiques. Gorgeous day for tossing discs. I did not keep score and had a blast. Decent BBQ brisket sandwich and lousy mac & cheese at the halfway point.

Played a rated league round in steady 22-27 mph winds with gusts up to 40 mph, on a course that has OB and/or mandos on every hole and was mildly flooded.

The second-to-last hole played the hardest, a straight, slightly uphill 620' par 4 completely surrounded by OB. No shelter from the straight up headwind, and a 10" deep puddle covering about 1/4 of the fairway in the ideal landing area.

I landed in the middle of the puddle, waded in and played it from where it landed. Was one of only 6 pars on the hole (there were no birdies).

That's pretty descriptive of my round; got myself into some crappy situations but made the most of them and played mostly for par.

Ended up getting 6th in MPO with my 4th highest rated round at 9 over par.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Played like CRAP! Two days, two rounds each day. Ended up +112 for the tournament. Day two, first round, it poured. I had not planned for so much rain - here in Arizona any rain is usually over real quick. Not this time. Was limited in what discs I could throw as most were really slippery. So, I ended up with a putter and a fairway driver. But in the end, I just really played bad. I realized that I just try too hard in tournaments....I throw the disc harder that I should to try and get more distance (it doesn't work). So my rating will drop back down again, which sucks.

I did not withdraw (even though I considered it) as that would have left my card with only 2 people (had four, but the other one withdrew) and I didn't want to leave them scrambling to find a third for their card. I'm glad I didn't withdraw, even though I can't stand playing in rain, I had lots of fun.

But, my next tournament in October and hopefully I'll do better.

Been sick all last week, didn't pick up a disc. Threw a round at lunch with a little 7 disc bag, and was +5. Three of those came on one hole with a bridge over a deep creek. Made it across the bridge, left, hit the hillside and rolled all the way down under the bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers?). Like, directly under the bridge… last three rounds were -4, -5, -1 so I need to get some back.

Finished 2nd at a tournament on Saturday, which felt like a turning point, like I can actually hold my own and not choke in a competitive environment. Such a fun experience.

And today finally got my first ace. :hfive:

So a lot of awesomeness over a few days.

Played my first round in a few weeks today. Seen a new course pop up in the area (Lafeyette dgc, outside of Chippewa falls WI) decided to go give it a whirl, and played pretty well. Course was definitely new and rough round the edges, but was a BLAST!

Shot well over par, but made a few shots that were some of my best. Absolutely smooshed (for me) a 375' forehand thru the woods, and hit 400' for my first time ever on a wide open hole. Was a great round. My 6 year old played some of his best golf too! All in all, great day!