• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

My 12-year-old son is getting really good and we're neck and neck most of the time. He's beaten me eight times this year. We played the Meyer Broadway North Longs today and were dead even at Hole #17. He got a decent drive to about 60' from the pin and I nailed a tree on the right side of the fairway, only gaining 100' of distance on the drive, and he fist-pumped the air thinking I'd bogey. Nope. I'm one of those am masters guys good at scrambling, putting, basically everything except distance, and got up and down.

Onto Hole #18, which plays up a steep tubing hill. My second shot was awful hitting the slope of the hill in front of me. He laughed and figured he had me now. His second shot didn't fade like he wanted and was up by the utility poles, looking at a death putt from about 45' or so. My third was under the basket. I then told him if he wanted to force a playoff hole and maybe beat me he should lay up that putt. 12-year-olds with no frontal lobe don't lay up. He was going for the win...and unfortunately airballed it. It rolled almost out of bounds about 50' away and he didn't make his attempt to tie with a 4 from there. Bummer for him, but a great learning experience. We wound up shooting 911 and 901-rated rounds according to the last sanctioned event here.

I fart around in am masters tourneys here and there, but it's all about fostering the growth of my boy at this point. Man, can he crush.

How did I play today? Like hot garbage 😂

Beautiful day out at Big Eau Pleine though. Shot a +1 from the shorts then +5 from the longs. Definitely better the second round. Lost by 3 to the wife the first round. If only I didn't 3 putt. Twice.

Well, I didn't shoot over par.

I didn't shoot under par either.

I didn't shoot even.

I actually caddied for my wife today while I'm nursing an injury. Helped her out with disc and shot selection and of course carried her bag for her.

Well, I haven't played yet today, but...

I played yesterday, at one of our longer local courses. Didn't get my first bogey until hole 15 (Case of the yips trying to hyzer around a large group of trees, went straight into them. Lmao)

Didn't miss a single inside circle putt until the 18th hole when the only chance i had to get out from where I was, was a vertical lob...

Was extremely pleased at the result, and have been noticing all of my rounds as of late I am taking one, maybe 2 unlucky bogeys per round and have been killing it with Birdie's and shot selection.

I also made the mistake of making myself feel absolutely horrible about my tournament play. I took the averages from each course I've played this year, and compiled it into a "Casual" Rating... My actual rating is 835, my casual rating is up around 945. Can someone help me stop sucking in tournaments please? ��*♀️��

Like ****, I can't hit a 5+ meter putt to save my life and even though my drives are long they're aimed with a sprinkler system, which makes the distance useless.

Got my first tournament turkey playing a pro-level course, that was great. Then went to a pitch&putt course with a couple of MPO guys and the top MP40 guy and took a bunch of skins off them, which was even better.

All in all, pretty good.

Several pars that should have been birds.
My long game was really bad.
Looking forward to hand surgery to restore my grip and snap.

Almost rage quit today.

Played a 9 hole course I'm not a huge fan of. First round was good, second was nothing but enraging.

Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with anything. Drives all hit trees or were so far out of position I had to scramble into the fairway or circle. It was beyond annoying and I did what I havent in a long time, left a disc golf course angry. Even my 5 foot putt for double bogey on the last hole decided to spit out. *facepalms intensely*

Almost rage quit today.

Played a 9 hole course I'm not a huge fan of. First round was good, second was nothing but enraging.

Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with anything. Drives all hit trees or were so far out of position I had to scramble into the fairway or circle. It was beyond annoying and I did what I havent in a long time, left a disc golf course angry. Even my 5 foot putt for double bogey on the last hole decided to spit out. *facepalms intensely*

On a positive note, no matter how bad your next round is it will probably feel like an improvement.

Been there. Done that.

Well, except for the rage and anger part. Even a bad round is better than the best day at work. Guess I'm one of those "glass is half full" types.

Success comes slowly.

Got out for a pre-work round on the Westcreek Disc Golf Course in Parker, CO.

Round one last week I came in at a final score of 88 for 18. I know, nothing to write home about bit at least respectable for me with shorter throws on a really long course, at least for me. This round was also on a very calm wind day.

Today's round was sustained winds of 9-10 MPH with each hole presenting wind from varying directions, i.e. headwinds, tailwinds, and crosswinds both left and right. It made for a challenging day. But at the end of the day I headed to the car having shot an 81. Again, nothing to write home about or have a parade through downtown but I think pretty respectable.

Down 7 strokes with two rounds down is not bad. I am having fun playing disc for the 🥇 n of playing. Keeping score right now is not for competition play but for tracking improvement. I think I am succeeding as time goes on

And that is how I played today!

Attachments

• UDisc Scorecard-1633970711680.jpg
    UDisc Scorecard-1633970711680.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
Between rain and what I think was a bit of a carpal tunnel flare up, didn't play for 2 weeks. Got out last night and played the shorts at the local 9 holer. My best is -4, which I've gotten maybe a dozen times. My expectation is probably -2 or -3. I start out par-par-par, but then birdie 4 of 6 to match my best. Then mess around with forehand upshots a bit.

The days of playing after work are getting numbered, so glad to get one in.

I hear that, I couldn't let my dog roam free today so he was stuck in the van. Barely had time for a half beer then went out to use up a little of the last daylight. Crammed in 9 as well, nothing to report but it beat working. I bastardized my black r2 spin with a ton of silver paint pen. I enjoyed that, I could find it but couldn't putt worth crap. Had to take mess around discs in case the dog was fired up enough to steal one. He pulled up all the grass around my pilot but didn't fully hide it. Damn little bugger and third rate discs. Haha I didn't play with my soft electron ones haha and it was wet the whole time. In a weird way it was a nice round, but whole lotta par. I sucked, still enjoyed it but didn't want to play another 9 in twilight.

On a positive note, no matter how bad your next round is it will probably feel like an improvement.

Been there. Done that.

Well, except for the rage and anger part. Even a bad round is better than the best day at work. Guess I'm one of those "glass is half full" types.

I will admit I get frustrated at myself for bad rounds, but I Try to use it as a learning curve. I think its a confidence thing, when I'm confident, great golfer. When I'm off, look out cause I'll probably hit first available and that dumb prick is coming back my way faster than I threw it lol

I feel like it was a confidence thing, because the second round i decided to miss the first mando and make a mess of the hole. Confidence = Non Existent LOL

I goofed. I've picked up a bad habit this month....my backhands had been going more left (straight out of the hand) instead of straight on the line I 'think' I'm throwing. Unconsciously, I've been forcing an anyhyzer, while still trying to throw straight. So, I bend my back, but my arm is staying mostly straight and it causes torque on my elbow/bicep area. Well, this time it was really bad...lots of pain. Got home, iced it and will give it rest and more icing (not cake icing....the cold, cold icing). Hopefully it will heal/recover soon as I have a tournament coming up.

Terrible. Actually I gave up after doing both short and long baskets on a few holes, finding the basket I thought was for 7 was actually for 4, skipping 7, never finding the teepad for 8 only one of the baskets, and just playing 9 with frisbees. I never really keep total score anyway but usually I at least slog through the whole course.

Was better Thursday -- company picnic disc golf is fun but I should have found a coworker to play together with. Maybe some other time.

My son, wife and I met up with BogeyNoMore at Toboggan today and we had a BLAST! The course is in terrific shape and I'll be sure to make an annual October trip and patronize them if they continue to do this. I even birdied a hole out there. (Forehand-friendly #13, which I remember playing well with my young-man forehand in the 2000 worlds, on the Am-1 side). This is a big-boy course for certain. MAN, did I love the new holes they carved out in the woods. Fun, fun, fun...Thanks for the great day, Bogey!

Thanks for the great day, Bogey!

Had a great time myself, and enjoyed meeting the ACE crew!

Your son's solid player, period. Won't even bother to qualify that statement with a "for a 12 yr old." His tee shots sail and look effortless. But given his age, I imagine he's still got a lot of upside. Wouldn't be surprised to seen him competing at USADGC in a few more years.

Best of all, he seems like a great kid, who's just having fun, and needs an outlet for his Jack Russel Terrier-like energy. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts