• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Stunk it up at Vista Del Camino this afternoon with a +12 including a wonderful triple bogey on 18.

Just wasn't on my game for whatever reason.

Might have to try and redeem myself if time allows.

Lost a couple of discs in the drink as well. Managed to replace one of them at one of the local shops so they should have everything I need to tackle Fountain Hills.

Dreadful. But I'm getting semi-confident with these 15 ft patent-pendings from behind a tree. Started throwing nose up this afternoon, but I think these washed out, elevated tee pads and general swampy conditions on the perimeter of concrete tee pads just have me spooked. Can't do any normal run-up. Stand-stills are on uneven surface—and that's the tee pad. Can't find my discs in the piles of leaf. Another day...

Personal best round at Beaver this morning, 7 under on the silvers, no bogies. Probably one of the last beautiful warm days of the year. Real nice scramble on 5 after hitting first available. Missed two long putts and one just outside the circle, but won the playoff against my cardmate.

Good to have a solid round every now and then.

Personal best round at Beaver this morning, 7 under on the silvers, no bogies. Probably one of the last beautiful warm days of the year. Real nice scramble on 5 after hitting first available. Missed two long putts and one just outside the circle, but won the playoff against my cardmate.

Good to have a solid round every now and then.

I've always played the golds. Never tried the shorter layout because the guys that I go with are half my age and throw a hundred and fifty feet farther than me. Might have to give it a try sometime if I can make it up there without my usual group.

I've always played the golds. Never tried the shorter layout because the guys that I go with are half my age and throw a hundred and fifty feet farther than me. Might have to give it a try sometime if I can make it up there without my usual group.

Haha, opposite for me. My card mates like the silvers, I like to chuck it.

Played first time glow last night. Meh. Streetlights and cars kinda ruin it. Only glow disc I have is a Reactor mid. Some of the other guys brought glow tape, so I did try that and lost my Essence on its second throw. So except for two shots I only threw the Reactor, including putts. One birdie, some pars, some bogeys. Actually, I putt decent with that mid. Something to remember in high winds.

Went back this morning to find that Essence. It got on edge and rolled far left and across a street- no one saw that. Also, why look left for an understable disc?

Related: Z Glow Buzzz did not glow at all. It turns kinda grey with black light.

I played horribly. Two double bogeys. I can't remember the last time that happened. And they were back to back.

Last edited:
Two strokes up after 9 holes. Lost by six. Sucked ass. [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partner and I shot -16 at glow dubs, we tied with another group and pushed 6 tiebreaker holes before finally winning on the 7th. Super intense 7 holes.

My game has consistently gotten better this year, but I'm an older guy so better is never gonna be really good.:eek: Played local 18 hole course this morning with a group of 7, most being half my age or younger. They were not pushing me, but my drives are about half the distance of theirs, or less, so I find myself hurrying my shots just to try to keep up. Went out and played the same course in the afternoon by myself and did better. I like playing with others, but also enjoy the relaxing experience of playing solo also.

One of our local course designers set up a temporary 18(ish) hole layout on a course that's normally a 9 hole pitch & putt. Found some fun new basket and tee placements and put up OB and hazard all over the place and the tiniest double mando I've played. To add to it we had reasonably strong wind and a ton of rain with the water carry hole almost doubling in size.

It was really fun, managed to only have one blowup hole and won my division, loads of people were taking double digit numbers on some holes, I felt like I was playing a 4500' Winthrop Gold. My forehand was working surprisingly well considering the wet conditions and the fact I was throwing with a glove.

My best on the shorts at the local 9 hole is -5. Today, I go out with only a few minutes of daylight. I hadn't played in 10 days, so mostly wanted to throw some shots. Park at hole 4. Birdie off my 1st shot on 4S. Play 5L. Throw a good shot with a makeable putt on 6S, don't putt it. Then I birdie 7S and 8S. Then I play 9L. Then I birdie 1S, 2S, and 3S.

So felt great, but really regret not playing the shorts for score. Also threw my longest drive ever on both 4L and 5L.

Buy Cheetah
Throw it twice (once as part of frying out.and throwing everything I brought to get *something* to land in the fairway)
Lose Cheetah

I swear they're cursed :|

Buy Cheetah
Throw it twice (once as part of frying out.and throwing everything I brought to get *something* to land in the fairway)
Lose Cheetah

I swear they're cursed :|

Curses vary!!!!! I have three 150g KC Cheetah's that I cherish![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my first actual below freezing rounds today. Meh. I'm not used to this crap weather yet. It was almost 60 just a few weeks ago. Played the first 18 with my winter daylight, random crap I don't mind if I lose bag. Second with my little Innova man purse bag with some random champy kind of discs with lights taped to them. Equally crappy for both rounds. Turns out Big Z Mantis's are excellent discs, so there was that.

Great weather today here in Denver. Got in a round at the local. Missed the birdie on 1 and went OB on 2, then missed the putt, taking a 5. About as bad as I could do through 2 holes. Finished one away from my personal best. Never surrender!

Crazy winds today. Killed my game. I actually didn't have a bad short game but any time I needed distance off the tee it just didn't work out like I planned. Almost skipped a Wraith off the top of a semi trailer when it got away from me.

Latest posts