• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played Echo Valley and Caesars Ford yesterday. Several above my average at Echo blues: +9 I think, but best round this year later at CF: -4 from the whites. Had never gotten better than par from the whites at CF, so pretty stoked. My son was with me and he shot -4 as well. Had a neat competition going the back 9. He throws farther but my short game is a bit better. I was -6 up until hole 15. If you have played there, 16, 17, and 18 are tough finishing holes. I did par #18, that is one tough par 4 for us noodle arms.

Played 2 rounds on a new course this weekend. I'd forgotten what that experience could be like! I made the mistake of wearing shorts. ;)

Lots of fun, though. A very unique course for our area though probably the sort of course plenty of other regions have in droves. This course has a heavy 6 hole wooded portion, with dense undergrowth, a wooded par 4, and some truly awkward shapes on short forehands. Honestly there's also a 240 foot wooded par 4 that they call a par 3. There's just nothing. I feel like most people can probably point to something local and say "oh yeah, we've got some weird awkward holes on course X" but this is the first one around me. And I don't mind it!

I don't want every course to have this kind of weirdness, but really there's an appeal to being able to go somewhere to show shot shapes I don't get to see elsewhere. The oddly designed holes give me a chance to practice stuff that I could wind up using in scramble positions on other courses. I wish it was more of the course. Holes 1-5, aside from hole 4, are pretty easy birdies, and 4 is a pretty simple open par 4 itself, mostly par 4 due to danger on a sub-500 hole (I'll 4 it a lot because I go for the highlight reel like a clown all the time). And then holes 12-18 are also pretty easy birdies. 1-5, 12-18 are all pretty sparse woods with lots of OB, and very little real challenging distance.

My best shots of the day were confirming to myself that I could hit 340' on a hyzer line with a Fuzion Warden, no flip to flat all slight hyzer at its most level. Necessary on a 358' with OB 10 ft left of the pin. I had been feeling comfortable enough within my throw lately to feel like I could get it to hold that line cleanly without wobble, so it felt great to confirm.

Played on a temp layout of a new course, Shadow Pines DGC in Penfield, NY, that's having the baskets installed permanently on Wednesday. I believe concrete tee pads are in the near future as well, for the time being they're natural grass, which makes footing a small issue. It was an old ball golf course so a lot of legit par 4's and 5's that most of our other courses lack. They made good use of the trees/bushes on the property though with a nice mix of tunnel and low ceiling shots in the 325'-375' range. There's even a handful that have 15'-30' of elevation change. I played okay for it being only my 2nd round on the layout, shooting a +5 - I also realized how much I need to work on my putting :wall: I definitely see the potential of it becoming one of, if not the, best course in the Rochester, NY area.

Played my first rated league round.

Left a couple of shots on the course. Picked up a couple of birdies that I don't normally get. Took 2 bogies from being out of position off the tee. Got 6 of the last 7 holes and finished -4. Shot the hot AM round and was rated 940, the second lowest rated AM round all summer. Previous rated rounds from my 1st tourney was 898 and knew I could get a higher rated round.

Played our local tournament this weekend. Had a wicked case of the putting yips. Played in soaking rain. Ended up 24/60 some.

Decided pre round to switch out all my putters. :\

Not too terrible, the drives were on point. $ Wizard for a Lunar Wiz didn't work out well. The decision to randomly switch putters on a random day on a wim is not the putter's fault.

North Wood County shorts. -2, -4. Meh, BUT the Mint Discs Freetail did work, as did the Jackalope and some Roadrunners. Drives were pretty damn solid, putting pretty damn awful. So it goes.

Got 13 in at Oregon while my daughter was at a nearby appointment. FH Wave had zero fade. Weird. But I found a new aiming point for 11 Silver with a happy photo attached. Quality tee shots on 4 and 5 as well. 3 under felt like it could've been 5 or 6 if I weren't rushing, but pleased with the steadiness.

Attachments

• 6D472F3F-4E98-4430-82A7-37F0783D7D0A.jpg
    6D472F3F-4E98-4430-82A7-37F0783D7D0A.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 7
Finally got around to playing that cool 21 hole pitch and putt in Kewaskum WI called Dawgwood Ditch. Got my 2nd ace on hole 8 which was pretty cool. Overall, very cool and fun private course and it was only like 15 minutes from Sandy Knoll Park. Checked out the disc golf shop after I warmed up on the 9er then played the 18 holer course which was very nice. Had a pretty good round there playing from the shorts and really enjoyed the wooded portion of the course. Finished off my day at Riverside Park which was only about 6 or so minutes from Sandy Knoll. Another above average course which had some pretty cool holes and a fun wooded section which are always my favorite parts of courses. In conclusion, had a good day catching birdies and got myself another ace.

Not good, but not bad either.

I played a course that is at a higher elevation than I normally play and I haven't played it in several months. I knew my discs would be more overstable and planned for that, but still had times (too many) where I picked a disc and muscle memory had me throw it as though I was at my normal altitude. Also, the course was overgrown (the park hasn't gotten to cleaning it up yet) and I spent a lot of time looking for discs (mine and my cardmates).

But I only had a couple of really bad holes, so overall I had fun and was happy at the end.

Not today, but Saturday I played a round at the redesigned Olympia Fields, IL course with my 10 year old.

It was my usual up/down round. Slow start due to being out of practice and not fully warmed up. Had some nice drives as the round went on. Putting was ok, but I left some strokes out there. My son played well and had fun.

Highlight was a couple of guys letting us play through and me not hitting first available tree as generally happens (rhbh hyzer line was wide open, but I usually find a way to screw up). Got a circle one put, but missed it. A few holes later, I absolutely pured the tightest gap on the course and was rewarded with a 3' putt.

Yesterday I wrapped up 7-straight days of Disc Golf, the wife was out of town, and when the wife is away, lee76007 will indulge and play. I played 14 rounds, bagged 5 courses, the three courses at The Blockhouse here in Virginia will be familiar to some DGCR members, and a favorite of James Conrad. The sweetest bag was a brand-new 9-hole course here in Virginia Beach Northgate opened up two weeks ago, and just 4 miles from home, the closes course had been Bayville at 10 miles. And revisited some favorites such as Casey Logan in the Outer Banks, New Quarter and Waller Mill both in Williamsburg. Also a few other courses.

I was slowing down Saturday and Sunday and I'm feeling it today, after playing great in the beginning of the week. Getting old sucks! Two years ago, it was 22 rounds in a 5 of 7-day period and felt fine. Did my pool workout this morning to help the muscles and did some light throws to work on form. I'm looking forward to Friday when we catch some of the wind from the passing hurricane, were expecting 20-30 mph wind with higher gust, and no rain. That will be fun on the home course Munden Point, which is mostly open.

Shot a PB -4 from Gibbs short tees, would probably be around 825 rated round based off the tournament there a few months back. I've gone from missing long putts for par to missing long putts for birdie so that's an improvement!

Only bagged one mid (Z Glo Comet) and it got me a decent birdie look that I fluffed.

Had a really, really strange tournament this weekend. I'll try to keep this short. Two courses, purple and gold. Purple is my best course and have a 1000 rated round there. Opened with Purple and birdied 1,3, and 4, so feeling good. Then had a disastrous run including a triple and a quad(2 OB throws). Felt like leaving at lunch break. I was 9 off the lead and 4 off 2/3. Calmed down and played slow/steady on gold. Had my second ever bogey-free round on that course and finished tied for 2nd and only one shot out of 1st lol.

Fairly good. I last played the course in April, shot a +21 then and a +11 now. Holes were 3 or 4, except for one 9 (OB after OB). I was doing a better job of lagging with my throw, but still OB is like a magnet to my discs.

Excellent, I had a gallery today, my wife followed me for the first time on my second round. For the past few months, she rides her bike at the courses that are in parks while I play. She finished early while I made the turn for the second round, and decided instead of reading, to walk with me. Then decides to video some of my throws, it will be the first time I look at my form on video tonight, I hope it's not to much of an eye sore. I gave her a 2 under playing long to shorts, and actually pulled off some good shots, and hit just a few trees. I asked her how I did, and she said "great, but I have nothing to compare it too":) She would now like to throw a disc the next time she walks with me.

Pretty not bad practice round and repeated the first four holes trying to get better at bagging four birdies right off. Throwing easy as my shoulder and arm are a bit off. Added a premium plastic version of my putter for up shots, which is taking some wear of my putter putters. Added two first-run Star Hawkeyes and had good results with those

Had fun on the home course Munden Point. The outer wind bands have reached us 15-25 mph and gusty from Hurricane Ian giving a nice stress test for my bag after changing over to MVP/Axiom gradually since April. Some very good throws, some could have been better. Out of the 5 remaining "wind" disc not MVP, only pulled out the Pig. Played three rounds.