• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played two tournament rounds today and had JUST enough good shots and holes to make me want to keep playing ;) WAY too many OB shots in the first round, and two holes killed my momentum in the second after I got off to a really good start.

I really have to focus on slowing my game down. I usually just play from behind my disc, not using a mini at all. Today I made myself put down the mini and put my disc back in my bag before I lined up my shot. Not rushing helped me a lot.

Went 4 up first round and 3 up the second round at the Denver Classic. My first round I only had one birdie but the second I had six. So my second round was terribly inconsistent.

Tomorrow we finish up with 27 holes at Badlands, a course that favors power throwers, which I very much am not. Going to be a real struggle to hold on to my fifth place. I was hoping for top four :(

playing as all par 3's i shot +19 the other day at hidden lake, but if were talking course par i shot +3.

also last night i shot +2 and +1 at sportsman. gotta up my game and get my scores under.

also tried shooting -5 again at calvary but i ended up shooting positive. i brought along a witness too and of course i messed it up

Bagged 2 new courses today in prep for a tourney in 2 weeks.......and also bagged my 3rd ace!!!! If only I'd have saved that ace for the tourney $$.

Hole #20 at Joseph Davis Park in Lewiston. Its only 195' but its a blind hole with a big hyzer over some tall brush required. Broke out the firebird for the shot and I knew it felt great out of hand. I figured I was parked and heard a loud thud - but it was oddly not metallic. I thought I smashed tree trunk behind it since I didn't here the crash or a metallic clink of the cage/pole. I was playing with a random guy and he was all excited thinking I'd aced...but I didn't even get excited since I didn't hear the chains. Walk around the corner...holy %^&* its just chilling in the basket. So bizarre - but I've wanted a firebird ace for a while now and glad to have it.

Had a killer round (for me) and put up my best score ever at Badlands. But many others in my division played well too. Ended up tied for fifth in MA2, and it's the first time I've "cashed" in MA2. I lost my beloved Climo Tern during the round so I used my swag to pick up a Sorcerer and a DX Shark for my daughter.

It might be a lame duck finish around these parts, but I'm pretty proud of my finish.

I got my ass kicked and then I threw a personal best, both at Lakewood for league. Shot a 61 (ouch!!!) And then a 50 with 6 birdies and three missed birdie looks on holes 5, 6 and 18. Very satisfied.

I threw some discs in a field at some soccer nets.
Some of the throws were good.
I really liked the XT Atlas I've had sitting around since June and haven't played with yet. The thing's a laser beam. I'm going to sub it in for my beat up 11x kc pro for a few rounds.

I was playing for the 3x Last Man Standing win today at my friends private course.

Couldn't pull it off and finished in 4th place.

Fun tournament. Bogies equal strikes and 3 strikes you're out.

I have a 3.5 month old daughter so disc golf has taken a backseat.

Definitely not at the level I was last year, but it was still a great time.

Played two new courses, one of which was really good, the other I thought was pretty amazing (Mountain Lake in Pembroke, VA). Did ok the first day, but really lost most my power about 9 holes in the second day. It was weird, had very little snap and trouble getting much distance at all on drives. I'm hoping I was just worn out/didn't eat enough.

Played the front nine at Grand Central with my buddy plus hole 10. I sucked but had some pretty decent drives; pretty sure I was +11 through the front nine. That was mainly due to trees; some of my placement, especially early on, was bad because I wasn't planting my foot right and so, while I got a good release, my discs were going off at an angle to the right.
Also, throwing a spike hyzer with a Shark3 is difficult, probably need to remove that from my game; I need to get some more Aviars so I can get a good putting practice routine going; the pins for holes 2-4 have been moved at Central. 2 & 3 have been moved into spots that make the holes much more playable and fun; 4 is no longer a straight shot down the power line RoW, but rather down and then uphill to the right. I think these changes all really enhance the course and the experience playing there.

Played the front nine at Grand Central with my buddy plus hole 10. I sucked but had some pretty decent drives; pretty sure I was +11 through the front nine. That was mainly due to trees; some of my placement, especially early on, was bad because I wasn't planting my foot right and so, while I got a good release, my discs were going off at an angle to the right.
Also, throwing a spike hyzer with a Shark3 is difficult, probably need to remove that from my game; I need to get some more Aviars so I can get a good putting practice routine going; the pins for holes 2-4 have been moved at Central. 2 & 3 have been moved into spots that make the holes much more playable and fun; 4 is no longer a straight shot down the power line RoW, but rather down and then uphill to the right. I think these changes all really enhance the course and the experience playing there.

Had my best weekend in a long time playing!

Saturday I set out on an early round at Blue Ribbon Pines and shot a +4 which is a new personal best by 3 strokes. Was able to stay inbounds the whole round but would like to have my suspect upshots back.

Sunday I played the 24 hole loop at kaposia which was my first time ever playing there. Ended up finishing with a +6 but am still regretting missing my birdies on the first four holes. On holes one & two I had nasty spit outs and three & four hit the top of the cage. Overall the round felt great as I again avoided all OB and really focused on improving my upshots. The back half of kaposia is pretty overgrown which took some of the fun out of it, but nonetheless great weekend out!

good for the first time in about 6 months. not sure what it was. the second day with my new gstar valk. new shoes. maybe its just a week in NC that fixes me, but i was suddenly ripping them like i have not done in a long time.

i used to think it was heavily wooded courses that forced me to throw right but it was the mediocre courses of rocky mount that fixed my form, somehow. very similar to the mediocre gainesville course that ive been awful at for months. i dont know. but glad i found my form again

Got my 5th Pro Win Yesterday, 4th of the season, and first B Tier Win. Won it from the 4th Card. Got to watch the lead card put out for what they thought was the win on the last hole while there was a 5 group back up on hole 1. Felt pretty good to watch that and then get the W over him.

Just flew (drove) in from Flip/Beauty/Beast and a couple other courses this weekend...and boy are my arms tired.

not bad. shot a 52 and 51 at oakwood in cottage grove. got to finally test out my destroyers in some windy conditions. i put my workhorse destroyer out on a flat line 30' past the pin in a headwind on 17. just dead straight. these newer destroyers are coming out great; i'm gonna start stocking up. in love.

hit up millstream and shot +1 thought i lost a disc but turns out i parked it!! left some strokes out there, but also had a few lucky putts around some trees so good time of golf there...

then hit up a new course. st joesphs campus course. god awful. idk how to even describe it. mowed like a strip following you through the whole course that was like 10 feet wide. you miss that and your in itchy **** and everything (even the mowed) was over grown.

you know that feel when you rip a smooth line and its on a direct path to the basket then at the last second the tree that is 5 feet away from the basket goaltends the **** outta your disc away so you dont hit that ace? happened to me today. one of the worst feelings ever.

Played great at Isle of Palms Recreation Center. It was really neat to play an object course (my first ever), even if the layout was sorta funky. My fiancée threw a 49 and I threw a 41, including an "ace" on the first hole (not sure if an object ace counts but it was still cool) with a HB Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.