• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an okay round at -1 not great, not too bad. I had some great shots but some really poor or unlucky ones as well.

Usually I'm more consistent but don't pull off many great shots, today was the opposite.

Cashed at winter doubles. Drove pretty well and finally had a solid putting round. During the round almost hit metal on #4....played another round after leagues and hit chains, basket, and out on the same basket. So close to an ace. I've got that basket dialed in - hopefully I can cash in one of these times during leagues and get the pot.

Went -2 even with about 4 bogies. All of them were because I was just screwing around and not taking my time. Had great drives all day, and I'm loving putting with the blowfly now!

Had a lot of fun playing Ript at Hansen Park. Tees were really slick due to the freezing rain, so lots of teing off next to the box, but had a great time

Met a few good guys on the course and played with them. Ended up going +4, wasn't too bad. My driving and upshots kept me in the lead, but my putting never let me get too comfortable. I had several chances to go up several shots but anything outside of what seemed 15 feet, I was missing bad. I can usually hit chains, basket or the top of the basket from 20 feet, but not today. Threw my Champion Beast and Champion Valkyrie today, didn't even touch my DX plastic and I'm finally feeling like the Champion stuff is broke in enough to get solid lines out of them for me. Took a while to get used to the Champion plastic but I'm glad I took that time and kept throwing them, I get quite a bit more glide and distance out of them over the DX. Now to pass the DX on to my 11 and 12 year olds.

I've been hitting 375' on my drives for a couple of rounds now, it's feeling like improvements in my form are becoming consistent. Whenever I feel like my form is falling apart, I switch back to standing drives to focus on the details. When I go back to an x-step I notice gains in distance.

Focusing my practice time on driving hasn't done much for my putting which is getting sloppy. Funny how that works...

Took a road trip to Pinchot SP and played Quaker's Challenge and Boulder Woods. Quaker's Challenge is a beast! Finished 7 over at QC and 2 down at BW. First nine at Quaker was rough, but overall not bad for the first time playing those courses.

Squeezed in a couple of extra holes at Boulder Woods as the sun was setting. On the last hole, tried a jump putt, landed on a leaf-covered rock, and twisted my frigging ankle.:doh: The name of the course should have warned me that jump putts were a bad idea . . .

One of the coldest winter league days yet, with only a dusting of snow on the ground. Shot my average. Hit a long putt. Felt like I couldn't get loosened up at all. I think I need to get an elliptical machine or something. I'm not getting any younger.

Man, I hit chains again today for my sixth metal hit in three days.

Lipped out on the right side of hole 6, then hit the pin on hole 9 at Inlow, and clipped a branch to tickle the front left chains on hole 10 at The Hill, and fully bashed chains and fell out off the rim on hole 9 at Hazel Landing, all on Saturday. On Sunday, I barely ticked the top right corner of the basket on hole 14 at Harbin. Then today, after being complimented by a stranger for hitting a 180' warm up toss at Williamsburg, my Buzzz bashed the chains again on hole 5, but the shallow basket wasn't up to gathering that one in, either.

I can feel that next ace coming, you know? :eek:

Great day to throw. Was a cool 50 degrees with a calm wind here in Cincy. I played a round at Woodland Mound before it got busy. Hit the pole on number 3, that is a straight 250 foot shot, with my KC Pro Roc. That disc is just so good. Good chances I'll nail my first ace with that disc some day. Had a few good birdies but missed a lot of easy putts so I stopped at my home course for some putting practice on the way home. Saw a player at each course with a Grip bag. Was surprising to see that on my home course since generally no one else is there to play. Ran into several nice casuals at Woodland so that was cool. :hfive:

Woodland Mound is my 'home' course! If you see a heavyset guy with a beat up red & grey discarrier bag, playing on his way home from work (4ish), that'd be me!

And you will expect to hit your first ace on hole 9, or 2, or 14, or 6, etc., etc., but my first one there came as a shock. I hit 12 on a windy day, having never reached the basket before! So you'll probably get some weird first ace there, too. You'll keep running for 9, then relax and hit the much tougher hole 10 or something! :D

ps: is your 'home' course Highland Hills?

Played 2 rounds at Veterans Park in Lexington, KY today with a friend. Played ok first round, shot my personal best second round. Hit several putts between 30-45 feet which is always nice. Managed to not get any plastic treedirected into the river either. Great weather here in central ky today, 50 degrees and calm.

Played some safari golf in the snow today (my brother and I had Valmont Disc Golf Park to ourselves). Made some really good shots, figured out some really challenging and unique alternate holes, and had a blast. It was dry yesterday so the ground was still firm and relatively dry, there wasn't much snow sticking. Even made a few unusual (for me) shots, like one of my first good tomahawks and a 45' forehand putt. If I had been keeping score I think I would have been doing fine, but days like today are more about fun.

Woodland Mound is my 'home' course! If you see a heavyset guy with a beat up red & grey discarrier bag, playing on his way home from work (4ish), that'd be me!

And you will expect to hit your first ace on hole 9, or 2, or 14, or 6, etc., etc., but my first one there came as a shock. I hit 12 on a windy day, having never reached the basket before! So you'll probably get some weird first ace there, too. You'll keep running for 9, then relax and hit the much tougher hole 10 or something! :D

ps: is your 'home' course Highland Hills?

Good guess. Home of some of the worst baskets around outside of embshoff woods. A lot of courses I still haven't played though so there could be worse I'd say. Not sure why they didn't put in new baskets when they upgraded the park.

Back to Woodland, I usually hit the basket pad on 2. Makes me cringe because I like to take it easy on my plastic. Hopefully first ace is more exciting than 2, 6, or 9.. Not that I would be complaining lol. I saw a kid get his first one on 10 there back in November. Very cool.

I work days during the week so outside of Saturdays not sure we would cross paths. In the summer usually play at night there once a week. I have a Reds hat on most of the time.

Played a round of glow wolf. It is always so hard to analyze how that goes as the scoring is weird and risk/reward choices are different. Seemed so-so on putts, and although I shanked quite a few drives I also had quite a few that our group ended up playing...so couldn't have been too bad.

I played my first real round today for the first time since Aug 27th. It felt soooo good to see my home course again. The weather was very cold, so my game suffered. My score didn't matter though. I was just happy to get back to the game.

Played my first full round since I started chemo and radiation in October, which ended up seriously dehydrating me and a tremendous loss of whatever muscle tone I had. Almost felt as a newbie. Ended up one over (3 bogies, 2 birdies) at Plantation Ruins; felt decent. Going to try to hit up a daily round until my surgery in mid January.

(E) today from the shorts at Cass. 1 bird & 1 bogie. Have a sore neck/shoulder area so it def. Limited my game today.

Two rounds at Patapsco, short-long and long-long. Gorgeous weather, lots of people playing, met a bunch of cool dogs. Had a blast throwing my new Inertias on pretty much every hole, just to learn how they fly.

Nearly deuced #2B short for the first time, but my 45' putt clanked off the top of the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.