• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 2 rounds plus did a lot of field work. Played pretty good at my home course, played well at the non home home course a little down the road. Hit chains for my closest ace on a 200ft tunnel shot, so dang close, I thought I nailed it and was jumping up, then it just fell out right next to it. The group I was with fell silent after it hit the ground. That first ace is getting close. I've had a few close calls but that thing was as good as in the basket then just slid right now.

Had the most beautiful throw with my champ Teebird today. Threw it 310 feet on the line I was looking for. Was in the putting circle on Woodland's hole four. My putts stunk though. Think I'll switch to a Wizard next round instead of my Aviar PnA. Enjoying my new Nutsac. Seven discs is just the perfect amount for me.

Played Druid Hill for the first time in a while, 18 regular plus nine X-holes.

New discs opened up some new lines for me. The best line on #10A is a 261' high anny over a small tree. Truth usually hyzers out early on this line, but Theory held the turn beautifully and landed under the basket.

#12B is a blind downhill 280' drive that needs a hard fade to stick the landing on a sloping green. Clash landed on line but 25' short; Tesla landed under the basket for another drop-in. I used to throw Teebirds on this hole, but sometimes when Teebirds get going downhill they just keep going.

Outside of the first 9 holes, played pretty well today...and had a major chain crash that didn't stick. Being 28 and sunny in January in WI was pretty nice, too.

shot 57 from the shorts. champ kitty developed a mind of her own and put me deep in the schule. also missed a bunch of birdie putts. I am finally using my brain more on the course.

Threw a 23, four down, from the red tees at Knobley Mt. DGG... This is 2 off of the course record, plus it was a glow round. I already posted about this in another thread, but really enjoyed throwing a more carefree round in the dark!

Played open at chilly dog for the first time, went -5 on the front 7 and then wound up +6. dont even know what I was doing wrong. It was brutal.

Played Lakewood Hills this morning with the crew. Took about 5 holes for my fingertips to defrost and be remotely useful for putting. Had a few shots where ridiculous wrist roll torqued my discs way over; lost a new Renegade this way in the thin layer of snow. :thmbdown:

Did hit a nice (and just a little lucky) birdie putt on 18 from about 50'. All in all, a beautiful day for Disc Golf! Felt good to get a round in before the deep freeze descends upon the land...

Having the flu SUCKS!!! I should know better that because I'm getting older, I'm more susceptible to it. Lucky for me that I have patient friends.

Started off slow in doubles and missed out on the first 2 birdie holes we started on. Played par golf through the tougher holes and picked up a few birds on some holes you normally don't hit. Ended up with my best ever doubles score, so that was awesome.

Tried out Mashnut's suggestion of just throwing Zephyrs in the snow. One of the most fun rounds I've had in a long time. We each had a lighter 170's Zephyr, and then each had a 200g one, plus a putter and a Polecat. It was particularly fantastic not worrying about ribbons or losing discs. I'm not sure I need to play with regular discs in the winter anymore...this was fun as crap.

Tried out Mashnut's suggestion of just throwing Zephyrs in the snow. One of the most fun rounds I've had in a long time. We each had a lighter 170's Zephyr, and then each had a 200g one, plus a putter and a Polecat. It was particularly fantastic not worrying about ribbons or losing discs. I'm not sure I need to play with regular discs in the winter anymore...this was fun as crap.

Post in the zephyr thread and tell me how they fleeeeeew.

Haven't been to a course in a few days, starting to feel lost and lonely. Tuesday though I'm playing at least 36 holes, and Wednesday the wife and I are traveling to Cedar Hill, TX to play another 36, so that should settle it.

I just switched to dayshift from deep nights, so my getting used to waking up at 0430 instead of 1800 is taking a bit to adjust to. I did manage to roll out of bed this morning and get 100 putts in before leaving for work. I'm doing 100 putts in 100 days, and that leads right up to my first tournament in April. Hit 87% from 20 feet today which is a personal best from that distance. I did 50 from 10 feet @ 100% and 25 from 15 feet @ 100%. Putting is definitely moving along.

Played my first tourney of the year yesterday at Deming Park in Terre Haute. Rain & 40-45 degrees. Threw pretty well, putted really well except for a few easy ones. shot even 1st rd. & +2 2nd rd. despite the wet conditions. I was happy.

Played round yesterday for first time in couple months, it was brutal. Constant rain and a screwed up shoulder didn't help. Could throw fh or overhand still managed to finish +6 wasn't the worst but also couldn't play second round shoulder had enough

played BRP cali league today in that wonderful below zero weather with that lovely 15-20 mph wind.

highlights included anything i did with a comet or polecat in the woods and anything i did with my teebirds or super flat FLX nuke in the open. everything else was pretty bad.

parked 2 and 3 with my comet (seriously thought i was gonna get that ace pot) to get off to a good start, took a nasty 5 on 4 and then rallied to birdie 5, then just kinda . . . meh. had a sweet park job on 17 as well with the comet, that was also another "listen for chains" moment. and once again ran the basket with my polecat on hole 21, another parkjob. they were really doing work for me. i just had some really bad breakdown holes, as per usual.

finished at 85. 4 worse than last week.

hole 17, parked with the anny line coming in from the left, directly above this random guy's head. just totally pure.

2b5afd57.jpg

aaaaaand hole 3, same thing, anny line. both just ran it.

81746e57.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts