• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever had a day when you hit every tree in the woods? That was my day at Reservoir Ridge. I still won. I had the most fun. The temp was around 50, which is mellow for Ohio this time of year. But the wind was around 15-20, which I haven't yet learn to deal with. A couple of snowmen tends to ruin your score. Still great to play with no snow on the ground.

I shot 2 over from the longs at Bradford. Not too bad for the first time playing them. I'm really starting to learn the course and I'm really starting to like the gstar teebirds and the newer star Leo in the bag.

I've had a disc golf filled past few days. Played Lake Park in Lewisville for the first time and ended with a +6, which isn't too shabby for me only playing for a few months. Also played Cherry Creek Park in Canton and supposedly got a +1 from the short tees which at times seemed to be a harder shot than either medium or long tees. After that linked up with a buddy and played Paschal Park, he's an experienced open player and taught me quite a few things. I've been hesitant to meet up with folks or groups and play with them, thinking I'd suck really bad, but it wasn't bad at all, had a good time. This morning met up with another guy and played Harry Myers, wind was horrible, and later in the afternoon hit Paschal Park again with the family. Came back home and did some putting with with the new Innova Travel Basket we got for Christmas, did some form work and then did 50 putts from 10ft and 50 from 15ft with a 81% made. Really want to focus on my putting circle and bringing it out to at least a 30ft circle around the basket, right now 20ft is about where I am.

Discovered 2 courses today that are currently undocumented on DGCR. They're nothing to write home about, however I feel obligated to do just that. Messed around with mostly short game stuff, played decent not great. Wind sucks. Looks like have some courses to create.

Let's see. 50* in late december. Little wind. Sunshine. Score.

Just glad to be out in such awesome weather. Bonus I had a solid round and took 3rd in winter leagues.

Played three rounds of doubles with Swatso, DWill and FascinatedFlyer at Ditto Farms in Hagerstown, MD. We switched of partners from three different tee/basket combinations.

I played OK. Wasn't as consistent as I like to be, but hadn't played a lot lately, and haven't really thrown drivers much at all for over a month.

It was amazing how evenly matched we were. Here are the general results:

Jimb and Swatso beat DWill and FascinatedFlyer by 1
Jimb and FascinatedFlyer tie DWill and Swatso
Jimb and DWill lose to Swatso and FascinatedFlyer by 2

So over 54 holes, there was a total difference of just 3 throws.

Oh, and I aced hole #3 from short tee to short basket! :)

eeeeeeeh.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

i had some really good putts, some really bad putts. i had some really good drives, some really bad drives. shot 89 first round at brp, then played cali and shot 81.

i can name off the top of my head about 6-7 spots where dicking around cost me strokes in the first round and about 4-5 putts from within 20' during the second. could've shot sub 80 easily.

highlights include hitting a basket, taking a 3 on the driving range hole in the winter, and taking a 3 on the hole BEFORE the driving range hole. just crushed a perfect drive with my champ teebird to set up the easy upshot. also piped hole 4 with my roc but couldn't convert, took a 4. you take the good with the bad i guess. missing 3 of my last 4 birdie putts kind of hurt.

White Cedar was something else yesterday. With all the snow we've had pretty much gone and all turned into ice it was a trek.
I had quite the par train going until a double bogey. I couldn't pick up any birdies either :wall:

Highlight of my day was standstilling a drive on Hole 18 with a really icy teebox to where I usually put it in the summer with a full approach.

I played +2 at McCormick Park (my home course). It beat my previous personal best of +4. The muddy/rainy conditions were far from optimal, but it's Oregon so go figure. The Tree Gods showed me plenty of love on way too many shots :) I still need to get that par round!

On the plus side I finally feel comfortable throwing my Roc forehanded!

played with a bunch of chumps on here yesterday. i got 72 at brp while they shot like 95s

CAM01884.jpg

Parked #2 at the Carny Patch with my ancient moonrise dyed ☆ D.
Played the course for a couple years now, first time I've parked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.