• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a nine hole round that featured gusts of up to 30mph. Fighting through crazy winds was a cool experience, especially seeing one of my friends shoot a triple circle 12. Kept my score at an even par, which I was really proud of given the conditions.

Horrible. Not only is my rotator cuff tear bothering me from playing too much lately, but I also strained my lower back today. Hopefully I am up and throwing next weekend so I can make up for my poor play today.

Played for the first time since Christmas eve. Missed a bunch of putts and was sexually assaulted, so all in all a pretty good day.

Set a personal record of down 5. Drove great and made 6 beautiful birdies. Missed another 3 by bouncing off the chains. Even slammed chains on an ace run with a Buzzz GT , although it got kicked out. Great day to play, because the next few will be cold and it's probably going to sleet Saturday/Sunday. :(

Did not play well at all. The course isn't the easiest, but I took way too many bogeys on par holes. Only two birdies as well. I need to pick up my game a bit before tournaments start happening at the end of February.

I threw at a new-to-me course today named Aikawa. It was bring an 11 discs, but only need 4 kind of course. On the plus side, I got some good quality time in with my putters. I'm hoping for a more creative league layout this weekend.

Played a 27-hole ice bowl and placed second in the sub-900 rating division. The guy who won the division was 30 years younger and out-throwing me by 100 feet, so I was pretty happy with second place. Weather was sunny, breezy, and 15 degrees; hot coffee in the thermos and pulled pork for lunch; had a blast.

Funniest drive was on #15 – I teed off first, hit the first tree, and the disc bounced straight back and landed 2' in front of the tee pad. I could have reached out and dropped the disc for the same distance. I told the rest of the group that if they didn't out-drive me they had to play the rest of the round naked. They didn't seem too worried. ;)

Saved 4 on the hole with a low-probability upshot and a 35' anny putt around a tree. :D

Poorly, but oh well. Cp Adams dubs everyone finished -9 or -10. Everyone said we were having a "one disc" playoff to decide who got third and then a ctp contest for a gift card. So I strategized a bit, as I saw my partner was going to throw a putter. I used my comet. my partner threw and then I threw. My shot was good, less than 20' from the pin.

And then someone goes "oh too bad" and I am quite confused. I ask "well, you guys said it's a playoff, right?". And they say "yeah, for third place, but you're not the closest to the pin"

I like the peeps there, and it was fun for my first time, but ffs if you are going to have a ctp to decide third, then call it a god damn ctp and don't say "okay okay okay, everyone get over here, we're going to have a one disc playoff for third and then a ctp for a gift card." It's not a playoff. Playoffs are where you actually play until someone scores better.

It was kind of irritating in addition to the fact that someone on our card ruined the round's mojo trying to actually start a fight with some Somalis who littered while walking the course. There are so many ****heads in the world, if it really bothered you just go beat them up and pick up their trash instead of spazzing on them. Or wait until they are gone and then pick it up and move on with your life. You can't change people like that, it's pointless.

I placed 4th in AM2 at a Local Ice bowl, I shot crappy too but hey I can't complain. I bought two discs with my winnings on the spot (because you get "funny money"/local vendors for AM2 prizes).

Steve Brinster won the MPO, and later at the bar during awarding ceremony/after celebration he explained how the Brinster Teebird was created (he was getting regular teebirds to about 400ft but having a hard time doing it on a hyzer line) so they created a beefy teebird to handle the torque.

The Saturday Aikawa League did not disappoint. They did a good job creating new challenges by lengthening the holes and using the differences in elevation. I played well using my rubber putters, Truth & occasional firebird spike and will probably return next month.

My only criticism is that they told me I couldn't throw "sharp rimmed drivers" the first round on the short course for safety, but we played pretty much the same area next round and drivers were mysteriously okay. There's always something stupid I have deal with over here, but this rule might be the dumbest one yet.

Played 45 holes this morning before the NFL action. Warmed up with 9 at Criswell and then headed to Indian Creek, in Rutledge, Georgia. I looked at the course update on the site this morning and saw all 18 were playable after tree clearing, so I had to play one of my favorite courses. Played the longs first round and played OK (65 for a par 56, rated just under 900 for me) Made a few long putts. Decided to play another round from the partial shorts. Was quite happy with a 53, including an ace on Hole 7. Only 162 feet, but it still was pretty nice. Rated a 957 on this site, which is probably the highest rated round for me.

Not bad for a cloudy day where the temp didn't hit 40.

Trucked through a short 9 hole course in 25 minutes- gotta haul ass while the rest of the family is sick and needs attention- played 2 under and worked up a good sweat. All is well.

First time in a month since I last played because of this cold/flu. I played a normally rough course, which today was extra extra long. So instead of shooting for score, I was busy doing tuning up my game. My score (68) for the course wasn't actually bad since I usually average (73) just a smidge over bogey for each hole for the 18 hole course. My SL and FD turned out to be my most consistently straight drivers. I am understanding the pull through better. My sidearm shot was on, thanks to my Firebird. I stayed within my mental game to shoot no more than bogey for each hole, which I succeeded. Tried my Champion Eagle out on a long wooded shot. It almost made it all the way through before smacking a tree. I used the Eagle a few more times with great results. Happy to say that it is gonna find a place in my bag even with my TeeBird, TL, Leopard, FD and TeeBird3 occupying space. I love all those discs. More field work, more rounds and videos. I will be getting better this year. I will see to that.

Once I got my car back together I dI'd a lot of putting. Then decided to play a round since I have hardly thrown my daylight bag in a while. Played ok, it was snowing and I had the course to myself so I goofed off until some buddies came out. Then I goofed off some more.

On Sunday I finally played a good round at my local course, McCormick Park, and got a +1. Bounced off the top of the basket on 18 for a bogie and missed a few other easy putts. Last year when the course opened I was tossing +15 or more so I'm really happy about +1. It's my personal best so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts