• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aviar was on fire today! hit two 60 ish and 2 80 ish putts today and only missed one in the circle for 36 holes. driving was poopy today but my scramble game was on point. fun day. not to tackle the garden boxes on my honey do list and fall prep the lawn boooo

I had my best round ever at the local: -6, with a couple putts that bounced out, coulda been -8 0r 9, no bogeys.

Just a perfect day for disc golf today, and I had the day off. 27 holes in, going back for more after the Champion's league action concludes.

Played another local course and had a best ever round there as well - wish I could bottle it.

Played 9 holes at my local course today. Meh, to say the least. After yesterday's amazing round, today was NOTHING special. Nothing was consistent whatsoever. On a brighter note, I did get my Champ Teebird in the mail!

Just played 9 at MI Tech, shot even. Missed an ace by about 5 feet again ughh. Skipped long than missed the bird of course.

Cant wait to play Calumet Lake for the first time though tomorrow.

Fast and hard...

9 rounds today:

Williamsburg Community Park, 19 holes, -1 56, 50min.

Gauche Park, 9 holes, -2 25, one disc round w. Buzz, 12min.

Osage Grove DGC, 18 holes, +3, 59 from long tees, 51min.

Osage Grove DGC, +1, 57 from short tees, one disc round w. Mako, 34min.

Karl Van Coldewey DGC, 9 holes, -2 25, one disc round w. Comet, 9min.

Karl Van Coldewey DGC, -2 25, one disc round w. Summit, 11 min.

Osage Grove DGC, +8, 64 from long tees, 49min. Used new TL for the first time. Didn't go well.

Gauche Park, -1 26, one disc round w. Roc, 7min.

Williamsburg Community Park, -2 55, 36min.

Wind and rain were a big problem on the last three rounds.

38,365' or 7.3 miles of golf
128 holes in 392 shots, or 3.06 shots per hole, 2 over par
259 minutes (4.3 hours) of play, or 40 seconds per hole. Times from out of the car to back to the car.

Ain't numbers fun?

I met up with my friends to play an early morning round at Calumet Lake before I headed to work. My friends live two hours away, and they never played Calumet Lake before. As were teeing off on hole 1, a guy stopped us in his truck and asked if he could play with us. So, he joined our group and was cool meeting another fellow disc golfer in the area. I didn't keep score and just had fun for a change. One of my friends said that he has noticed an improvement with my putting, which is a huge plus for me! I have been really working on that all season. Drives were meh, but most of the holes are wooded and narrow. A bit challenging, especially for someone who just started playing this past April. Other than that, it was a lot of fun! It was great to get a round in before work and start the day off right. Not to mention, visit with some old friends that I don't know when I will see again! :)

Great game until I realized that and crapped all over the last three holes.

I just bought some new mids, so I emptied my (small) bag of all my overstable drivers. Somehow, I missed the fact that it was windy today. With the wind, my new Comet barely saw the light of day, but my Hornet, Drone, and max weight Buzzz got plenty of playing time! In the end, it was a great practice round, just not what I planned. I also closed the day by banging a circle's edge putt on 18. Always a good way to end!

Played Calumet Lake for the first time yesterday with my wife, a friend and some random. He was very nice and fun to play with though.

First round I probably played the second worst round of the year. Nailed most of my putts ironically, but all 90% of my drives were straight into jail. If I kept score I probably would've been 15 over or something blaurgh.

I went back later in the day and played the front nine, and did significantly better. Only one over and finished on a really good note by sinking a good 75 foot plus approach shot for birdie. Can't complain about that.

I'm resting today, but played 6 different courses in central Texas in the last three days including Austin Ridge Bible Church. It is one awesome course and a definite destination for the Austin area.

As for the topic, I played pretty normal for me. Calves are sore from the climbing, but otherwise very content.

Awful. Played twice today, at two different courses and played terrible. Starting to get discouraged. I'll play well, for me, for a week or so, then spend the next month or two playing awful...like barely above 800 rated awful.

I've been playing steady for a while now and just cant seem to show consistent improvement. My average hasn't hardly improved.

Played a round at my local course this morning. I got one point over my best score there. Not too shabby. I got five pars, which is the best I have ever gotten there. Sunk in a throw about 10 feet out for the par on hole 11. Disc started gliding to the right of the basket then wrapped back around to the left and landed in the back of the basket. My putter didn't hit any chains. Weird, but amazingly awesome shot! Shanked my disc TWICE into the woods on hole 13. On my third shot, I was able to tomahawk my way through the remainder of the woods in a pretty crafty way. My disc landed about a foot away from the basket. I got the chance to break in my new (used) Champ Teebird, so I was pretty excited about that. Can't complain too much! It was a great morning to play!

I played another 18 holes last night with my boyfriend. We played at the MTU course. It is only a nine-hole course, but we went around it twice. I played mediocre and didn't really keep score. I ended up getting my third birdie on a different hole (hole #3). Sunk in a decent approach putt from about 10 feet from hole #4's basket through a pair of trees, all in the while trying to maintain my balance because the basket was uphill. Another successful day of disc golf.

Didn't get to play at all today and I might miss another couple days, too. It's all good, though. My wife just had our 2nd daughter today!

My first has been playing in a little dg league with me this year. Might be a couple years before our newest plays, though. :)

Played for the first time in like a week because I've been trying to get over a killer cold. Felt like ages. Spent some time at home working on my reach back. Through video analysis I've realized I used to hold the disc at about 12 o'clock on reach back and never got enough spin. Changed to 9 position and that has added some more distance for me. Also, I don't have a very serviceable forehand due to a terrible release. I practiced throwing into my lounge chair until it felt more smooth and reliable. It paid off on the second hole at my home course yesterday. I threw a hyzer over a parking lot towards on a blind hole about 250 feet. I walked past the basket looking for it because I couldn't find it, not realizing it was practically touching the pole. Score

Angrily.... was doing great, and on hole 3 I threw a beautiful drive w my Atlas, and it came up a bit shy of the short tree tunnel where the basket is, so about 45 feet short. Well even though I saw EXACTLY where it went in, I looked for 45 minutes everywhere and came up empty. Now this is 3rd disc in 3 weeks. And this one was a great shot, why the **** do they just vanish into thin air???

So for some reason I didnt quit and managed 3 birdies and a near ace on 8, then dumped it all away with a double bogey on 9. Fmdgl.

Status
Not open for further replies.