• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get to play at all today and I might miss another couple days, too. It's all good, though. My wife just had our 2nd daughter today!

My first has been playing in a little dg league with me this year. Might be a couple years before our newest plays, though. :)

Congrats man

I have no clue... it was a great shot too just happened to catch some long grass and even though i saw where it went in it just seemed to disappear into thin air... they have a bunch of Atlases at Dunhams though thank God.

Made it out to a more remote mountainside style course today with the wife. It was a perfect day. A slight breeze moving through the trees, birds chirping, and a course all ourselves. Shot an -8 , her 0. She's starting to put together a fairly decent putt/approach game, which is beginning to worry me. It's funny when she bests other causal players, but now she's starting to become a threat. I better start calling her on foot faults or do something distracting during her backswings

Got off work early and headed to one of the best courses around. Haven't played much in the last month. Got my putt going but dropped 4 discs (3 Wraiths, 1 Insanity) in non-recoverable water hazards. This game is frustrating.

Played Blueberry Hill at Highbridge today. Finished 6 over, then 1 over. And the weird thing is, my second round, which is my PB on this course, felt like the worst round of the day. I felt like I was in tree jail and stuff almost every other hole. Just scraped together the recovery shots I guess. Putts were not as good as I would've liked, I just couldn't drop anything. Hit the stinking cage and hole number sign a million times.

Had my best drive EVER on hole 2, put my Star Wraith about 15 feet away, which is a blissfull feeling on that signature hole. Of course, I choked and missed the putt. Oh well good day.

Got off work early and headed to one of the best courses around. Haven't played much in the last month. Got my putt going but dropped 4 discs (3 Wraiths, 1 Insanity) in non-recoverable water hazards. This game is frustrating.

that turns into a pretty expensive day... bummer

Guess I have to say pretty good, first round one off PB at the course we played, second round tied my PB; even had a good look at birdie on the final hole, a hole I've yet to birdie, but couldn't sink the putt. On the plus side, best birdie look on that hole so far, as well as getting a birdie on two holes on that course I hadn't gotten it before. Both new birdie holes were even off teeshots using two of the recent additions, Phenom and Nemesis.

With the Nemesis, I'm starting to get hyzerflips with my noodle backhand, managed to throw long a 292-foot sloping downhill hole through tons of trees and make the putt for birdie. Phenom I only used on one of the shortest holes on the course, one I've most often just thrown a big-ass hyzer forehand, this time decided to go up the gut, made the death putt for birdie. FR Mongoose was the only new one I didn't get chance to really throw, but from the one standstill toss, seems more US than the Nemesis.

I played two rounds of 9 holes at MI Tech with my boyfriend. I was pleasantly pleased with how I played, despite my score saying otherwise. I can see a major improvement with my putting, especially from the beginning of the season. Now, back to work on my drives. Had several pars, which I was happy about.

Finally got to show my wife Highbridge and she liked it, and it was great to play a round with just her.

Only played Woodland cause there were hurricane force winds, so wanted to stay in the trees. Didnt keep score for once, and it was quite relaxing that way. Also found out that my F5 is a great forehand disc for me. Got a couple beautiful drives with it on holes 9 and 13, and I dont have a real good flick so that was nice.

Not bad today...fought the wind and many trees to place 3rd (of 35) in Int, which is my highest showing in that division. Also got enough points for Am Worlds.

Last night, I was able to play a few holes at MI Tech with my boyfriend before the sun went down. After four holes, we couldn't see anymore. So, we went to the soccer field and threw some of our drivers around. My boyfriend is typically a RHFH, so he's been wanting to practice his backhand drive. I threw his Discraft Z Surge SS. I typically don't throw any overstable drivers; however, I did enjoy throwing this one around! Now, I'm considering buying one myself... The obsession is real!

Played 9 in the misty cold rain, shot even. Could've done at least 2 under if it weren't for my horribly inconsistent putting....

But the near ace on 8 with an anny flex forehand and my 45 foot hyzer putt for birdie that the chains snagged in the sexiest way imaginable kept everything interesting and fun.

Played 24 at General Sibley DGC with two other local bag taggers...kept the number one tag but we all played like crap. Ended up tying with the second tag (shooting 83's) and sudden death playoff continued for 4 holes before it was getting too dark. We decided on CTP for the win...and I took it by 4 feet. Felt good to keep the tag and compete, putts were on finally with a new trick to help me not putt low. Just took too many strokes trying out FH rollers and going OB where I normally don't. Also been working on my form and one problem i've had is throwing too low...and noticeably its because i'm dipping my front shoulder when reaching back and not making a correction with form/disc. Sometimes the throw would've been fine with a more OS disc to complement my newfound power/form...and other times I didn't throw high enough to let the disc work. Frustrating, but I can see the light at the end of the form tunnel.

Lunchtime 9 at the General Electric course............ 28(-1) with a circle 5 on hole 5. Wind took my drive over the parking lot and never came back. :doh:

Still kept the #1 tag though

ANOTHER circle 5 on 5 :mad: ......... wind was brutal today. Shot a 29 with two 30's from co-workers. Had 6 of us playing out at lunch for tags and saw another 2some playing too.

Monday Bradford longs, for the first time in a while, I was turning the shoulders, hitting the line, feeling like I know how to play this game. Today lunchtime @ Bailey?
FYG7ePF.gif

Got my first eagle! I ripped my driver good, it turned over on me and I thought, "damnit" as it went sailing into the woods unexpectedly and I figured I'd be hunting for it in the dimming light, but it snaked its way through the tree tops and I'll be damned if it didn't finally land 4ft away from the basket. dunno how I'll pull that off again.

I played a quick nine holes at my local course yesterday afternoon. Didn't play too bad, considering that it was an incredibly windy day. Only got a few strokes over my personal best on nine holes there. Hole 2 is one of the longer holes on the course, and I missed a birdie with my Buzzz by LITERALLY a few inches. Hyzered my way around a cluster of trees from about 50 feet out, and my Buzzz hit the bottom of the basket. Never had that happen before on that hole, so I was pretty pumped about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.