• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played both Blueberry Hill and finally the Bear at Highbridge.

Felt like I shot good on BB, but shot 3 over, which is 2 above my pb of 1 over. Still I recovered well from most of my mistakes, hit most of my putts which was great, missed an ace on hole 11 by a body length, had about 3 birdies. My nail in the coffin was actually early in the round, on hole 3. My Destroyer turned waaay too much on me, went into the trees. Had to lean way out to have a chance at recovery, turned that one over, then overshot my approach, and three putted, the last being a chain out. Ouch ouch ouch that one sucked.

And the Bear.... well it manhandled me... 21 over. That must be some kind of record. But man if you get into the trees even once you're probably gonna at minimum bogey. That being said I actually birdied par 5 hole one, and I loved the course. Great day, cant wait to disc in Wausau the next two days.

Meh. I had the day off from work so I played two rounds at my local 9 hole and shot two +1s. I shot -4 and -5 the last two times I played there. Still it was better than working

Today I played the worst than I have ever played. I kept hitting trees and couldn't hit the utility shots I wanted. Ended up almost bogeying everything.. I don't even want to know how I scored. Plan to attack the course tomorrow better equipped and a better mind state. Also busting out the Nova so I can slow down.

Can't complain really. First round, first hole, first ever birdie on that hole, while the rest of the round was tougher, still a new PB. Second round, got a birdie on four other holes I hadn't gotten a birdie on before, as well as par on a couple I hadn't manage to par before, another PB, finishing the round with a birdie on 18. All this on a heavily wooded, tunnel-shot type of course where most of the holes are RHBH-oriented, seems my weaker backhand is getting better, or maybe it's throwing Phenom and Nemesis that did it for me (also a picture perfect standstill par save upshot with a Patriot). Putting was also clicking nicely, no chain-outs all day (hopefully this will continue tomorrow...).

Only gripe I suppose was #17, first round, not the greatest shot off the tee, soft flick upshot with a Ghost inch or two higher and it would've cleared the basket edge, second round, bang on off the tee as far as distance, just a bit more fade would've been perfect, but a clean look at birdie, putt off the low-edge of the chastity belt, so close both rounds!

Felt okay about my round today, drive well and putted better than my personally average. I'm usually only 60% on the circle and was about 75% today.

Get like I got a lot of unfortunate tree hits that mangled my score some but screamed well to get pars where bogies were likely.

Honestly I felt okay about it until I put my score in here and a -2 at East Roswell from the black tees is 1004 rated. I would have thought that I could have easily made it -6 if I had been sharper, so that makes me feel a little better.

I'm not the only one who's found it challenging!

Eh I'd say average for me. I had some great drives and putts and then had some atrocious drives and putts. I'm trying to gain more consistency so it was a little frustrating.

Alright I guess. Started off bad though. Went to Big Eau Pleine and threw 9 over. I ended up leaving after one round cause there were so many leaves its a wonder I only lost one Destroyer.

Went back over to Yellow Banks and played four rounds of nine. Managed to shoot +5, +2, E, and +1. All of those scores are much better than the previous times I played them, so there's some overall improvement, but man I just couldn't pull off that negative score, no matter how hard I scratched and clawed my way for them. Made 99% of my circle putts, had about 3 drives miss the basket by about 5 feet, and almost birdied a couple real difficult par fours.

The real frustration came from at least 10 different putts that were from over 35 feet out that hit EVERY part of the basket, including chains, but would not stay in. I most certainly would've had a under par score if even one of those dropped in. I made at least two of them though, so all around my putting is getting better.

Still a great day to play though.

Redeemed myself at ace pot for my atrocious performance in a Saturday tournament. Shot +1 compared to a +6 and +8 tourney round. Turrible.

I played Mountain Lake DGC with my buddies. It was simply amazing as usual. I have one cautionary note, the staff at the gift shop (where you pay green fees) said the road to the course had gotten too dangerous to let people drive up to the course. Therefore, you have to park at the gate and walk the 1.2 miles to the course. The road by the way was in the best condition I have seen it.

Work and play day at Stonykill yesterday was good.
Shot 57(e) for 3rd place tie and $15.
Helped install a teepad then 10 of us played Ript Doubles. JD and I took 2nd.

So I found this Trilogy Challenge Thief at Lincoln Ridge on Friday. Guy I texted said to keep it.. Only tossed it once at Lincoln. I decided to give it a better audition tonight at my home course Highland Hills. A few of you know how bad the baskets are here.. can you see where I'm going with this?? On hole 5 I got the idea that the Thief flies similar to my GL Saint. It is beat in well. These two landed literally touching each other on back to back throws. By this time the sun was gone and daylight was fading fast. Decided to tee off with the Thief on 6. This hole is about 280 over a small ravine. The pin is at about 11 o'clock and it's guarded by about 4 mature trees on the left halfway out. Planned to give it more hyzer but it slipped out early and made its way through the trees. Then it started to look good.. real good! I ran out wider to the right to get a little better look as it slammed the chains. Dead freggin' center the best I could tell. A couple was grilling at the shelter close by and the woman was just as excited as I was. Maybe more. She couldn't believe it. She congratulated me and agreed to take a pic for me, but as we got to the basket that damn Thief was on the ground! I mostly blame the baskets though. They are rough, but that Thief took part in stealing an ace from me. I finished 1 under... with an enthusiastic bystander and a bummed heart. :\

At least I got a couple aces earlier this summer.. other than that, I'm practicing hyzer approach shots more. Really improving my game.

I played Sunday at Trophy Club and stunk up the place. I decided to try my Swedish plastic after playing all Vibram for the last 4 months. Bad move.

I need to settle on a bag and just play. It looks like I'll be trusting my rubber...

played ok golf this weekend.. didnt set the course on fire but had some nice clean shots .. my putting wasnt what it normally is and that kept me from putting together some nice rounds.. so yeah been back on the basket last few nights :eek:

I went to BRP with some friends, I was steady, shot an 86. Par was 88 today. Not bad considering I played from hole 19-27 with just a lit up 175g Champion Orc. 2nd best guy in the group shot a 112. Nobody wanted to play a second full-on night round. I was sad.

Just finished a quick round, 47 degrees with winds gusting over 30mph. Still had fun, putts over 10 feet were a challenge.

Playing as much as I can before the time change. Had a small distance breakthrough at AJ Jolly. Little to no wind after the first few holes were out of the way. Several of my drives were about 25ft more than normal. Hole 8 is slightly downhill at 385ft. Threw a G* Valk fairly straight and landed just 10ft from the pin. Had some good forward fade on it. Hole 16 is 485ft and the tee is atop a hill but the hole flattens out a quarter of the way out. Had a long putt for the deuce, but missed it after my drive. Used my DX Wraith on a hyzer to put it out there about 420ft. I had a nice strong grip on the disc at the rip point and it came out very cleanly. Focused on getting my elbow out more. I like that analogy of hitting a baseball on the sweat spot. That's what it felt like in a way. After putting poorly and some bad forehand drives I finished shooting 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts