• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pair of choppers(wool) that fold back and expose the finger tips. Kinda like fingerless gloves but then you can fold the chopper part over the fingers. The only part of the hand that gets exposed all the time is the thumb. They work great for me. I think I found them at fleet farm or rei.
Yeah, I've got some large waterproof insulated deep winter mitts that I'm going to start using when it gets really cold. Also, will throw Comets more. Z plastic just lacks all grip when it gets that cold. Really impressed with X plastic, though.

+4 at Crystal Lake in Beaver Dam, WI which is terrible for me.

But with a temp of 18 degrees and winds gusting at 25 - 30 mph, I'll more than take it.

Ion held up better than expected whilst putting into headwinds.

Not bad. Figured some things out regarding my putting slump and why I've been throwing 5-10 feet left of my intended line on drives. Orientation toward the target on the teepad. Threw -3 at oakwood which is a good round for me, especially in this wind and cold. :)

Not the best but not the worst out of the seven who braved the cold for sunday doubles. It was 16 degrees with a wind chill of about 10 degrees when we started. It warmed up to a nice 22 degrees by the end of the round but the wind had picked up. Made some great upshots and hit a couple putts past thirty feet to save our par. Just happy to get out and get a round in, first of the week.

Won a C tier last week by 3 (open). Nice to get a second win but left a lot of strokes out there.

Threw putters (Yeti, JK, Pure, Wizard) in a field, one way into wind and one way with it. Actually had clean releases with the Wizard. It's very clear to me that the Pure is the runt of the four.

Played pretty good. Really wanted to try out my Vibram Summit, so I went to my home course, just a little 9-hole course, mostly wooded, and shot pretty good. Still getting used to the Summit, but so far I like it.

Played at Hiller Park (Biloxi, MS) and with the windy conditions (20+ mph), played good. Had some nice long putts, but had some tree hate on the wooded holes. Overall, finished 4 down. Enjoyed the sunshine too :D..

Threw putters (Yeti, JK, Pure, Wizard) in a field, one way into wind and one way with it. Actually had clean releases with the Wizard. It's very clear to me that the Pure is the runt of the four.

Eh? The runt? Opto or zero hard? I loved my opto for driving but it can't take wind like the wizard can. My opto went super far. Hell, the wizard didn't get used today unless it was any crosswind or a tailwind. Didn't even try challenging the headwinds today with my driving wizard...20-30 mph, no thanks...

Every bit as cold today, but the wind was much more mellow. Shot three down over 18 on the home course.

It felt good to walk the course and be the only one out there.

Hell yeah great weekend! We had our club's season final bag tag event on Saturday and I played so-so. Shot a +2 on 19 holes and left about 6 strokes on the course with missed birdies and poor upshots. Took the 24 tag for the season out of about 100 members. On Sunday we played a casual dubs round and I drew my son for a partner. We did real well, shot -3 and took second place. Later, we played in a group of 7 and played a round of bag switch which was fun. I shot real well with a +2 and had a great day. We played with a young man who's rating was 1012 and it was amazing to watch the lines he hit, the distance, and the putting. It is always a treat to play with great young players and learn from them!

Played the valley for my second and third time today. Not too shabby! Birdied hole 18 with a 30 foot putt to end on a good note. I'm digging the destroyer.

Shot Sylmar yesterday.

Rd 1 - +1 (using only an Icon Clutch)
Rd 2 - -3 (full bag)
Rd 3 - +2 (full bag)

The course was almost in its easiest possible layout, so I didn't shoot amazingly well. The -3 round featured 2 doubles. In fact, every round had at least one double.

Rusted Solid

I finally got to play a round today for the first time since Oct 4th. What a joke. I think I got like 13 over par, missed about 10 putts, threw half my drives into the ground, and generally had a really bad day of disc golf.

But, I am thankful that I can even get out and play. Now I just need to get the old arm working again, and try and stay loose out there.

I shot a 30 today in my first round. Not too bad considering the rust I've accumulated this week plus the cold and wind. I was warm with five layers but was a little more limited on mobility. Still better to play than not.

Aside from a few holes I played pretty bad. First real round with the blend judge and not quite used to the feel and release point for it yet. Haven't used a fresh judge in a while. Classic fugitive was money like usual though. Parked several upshots to make a lot of threes I didn't really deserve based on drives.

Played 36 holes at a couple local courses. Started the day on the day on the only par 4 I'd see and threw into both hedgerows for a double bogey. Went on to thow 3 more bogies, all on OB penalties. 3 birdies and 3 two putts to end up 2 over. Played a quick second round at a pitch n putt with 5 birdies and a bogey. Two 2-putts.

I carried a bag today which is really unusual for me. I quit carrying a bag a few years ago except for special circumstances and yesterday and today were the 3rd and 4th time for me this year. But I want to be used to carrying a bag for a tourney on Sunday that will require re-tees if I miss a couple islands. I'm not quite confident in my ability to pull it off with just 4 discs. I certainly don't want to be "that guy" without a disc to throw at a crowded tournament. I'll have to admit I was getting sucked up a little in having a quiver of different discs even if it was only 10. So I played the second round with the regular 4 discs in my hand just to remind myself why I do it.

My wife was out of town while I stayed home with the 4-year-old. We don't make it past three or four holes when I've tried to take him Discing with me, so I set up my so-called Discatcher in the front yard, worked on upshots and mids. Felt GREAT. I'm getting better as I get older despite losing power. It's weird, to be honest. Why couldn't I have figured the RHBH out when I was in my twenties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts