• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 7+ playing Cali during winter leagues today. Not a bad score considering how hard the course is. On the bright side, I hit one of the ctp's. So at least I got my money back. :/

Not bad...tied my best of -3 on the local 9...without being able to play #1, which is usually a good shot at bird. Drives just keep getting better, and the putting is ON right now.

I played exceptionally well today. -6 from the red tees and their very generous pars. I put together a very consistent round with only 2 bogeys and 8 birds.

For some unknown reason, I was throwing really far today. I wish I knew why.

Shot a couple rounds with my buddy Jim and HeavyCritters. First round, meh...second round, I was on after a bogey on 1. Putting was solid, drives were crap for most part. Spent a lot of the day scrambling.

And it was 40º in WI...pretty freakin' good day.

Although I played like utter and complete horsesh:sick: yesterday, I had a blast playing with you and Jim. Fun course, good convo, beautiful day. You were on fire during round 2.

Not much more you could ask for.

Today was a another beautiful WI day, so I played the local course and then threw from a standstill at the local football field and just worked on form, form, form.

:thmbup:

Chili dog!!!! :hfive:

yeah, it was pretty fun! i think it might be the only time i go this winter since i work saturdays usually. some guys go out every sunday too, the "mediocrities" they call themselves or something like that. i've been joining them (it's free) and they usually play 2 rounds, today we played 3. great bunch of guys and fun to be around.

i've actually been very sore lately after rounds; my left knee (weird, since i throw RHBH, but maybe not since it was my shovel-kicking leg for 6.5 years) has been killing me as has my back. i might be taking it easy for a bit and not throw everyday.

my back and knee really killed my first couple rounds; i shot +11, then +5, then after my body finally realized i was just going to keep throwing and decided to cooperate, threw +1 again.

yeah, it was pretty fun! i think it might be the only time i go this winter since i work saturdays usually. some guys go out every sunday too, the "mediocrities" they call themselves or something like that. i've been joining them (it's free) and they usually play 2 rounds, today we played 3. great bunch of guys and fun to be around.

i've actually been very sore lately after rounds; my left knee (weird, since i throw RHBH, but maybe not since it was my shovel-kicking leg for 6.5 years) has been killing me as has my back. i might be taking it easy for a bit and not throw everyday.

my back and knee really killed my first couple rounds; i shot +11, then +5, then after my body finally realized i was just going to keep throwing and decided to cooperate, threw +1 again.

Nice ending score!

When I lived in the Cities, I always wanted to do the Chili Dog, but I was here in Wisconsin on the weekends. People said it was a great time.

I've got a buddy that plays Acorn and Oakwood in the winter quite a bit. Usually two rounds. Man, I miss winter disc golf in the Cities.

Oh, and I feel you about the pain. Not sure which side of 40 you're on (I'm on the bad side by a year), but my back, elbow and legs are generally always sore nowadays.

:wall:'

Covered a wide range today on my day trip to Jackson, MS. After almost two weeks off I was more than a little rusty, taking 9 or so holes to get into a groove at Chautauqua. Picked up some steam at Center City (very nice course, btw - rough around the edges but challenging in a fun way), making some nice shots (including sinking a ~80 ft tomahawk from well into the wooded rough!), but sort of fell apart towards the end of the round. In all my driving was way up and down, but I approached well and putted quite well, not missing any I felt were locks, and only a handful from inside the circle that I wasn't getting re-routed by guarded pins. It felt good to get back out on the course, and great to play in an area I hadn't visited before. Plus, taking my Simian out for its first road trip reinforced how much I love this bag! All the space a boy could ask for and having the stool was awesome.

Nice ending score!

When I lived in the Cities, I always wanted to do the Chili Dog, but I was here in Wisconsin on the weekends. People said it was a great time.

I've got a buddy that plays Acorn and Oakwood in the winter quite a bit. Usually two rounds. Man, I miss winter disc golf in the Cities.

Oh, and I feel you about the pain. Not sure which side of 40 you're on (I'm on the bad side by a year), but my back, elbow and legs are generally always sore nowadays.

:wall:'

Haha, only 25 unfortunately. This year will be interesting; I have never done winter golf before. Rollers will be a non-option. Pancake thumbers and tommy shots will slide and skip way more than usual.

not too shabby, my putting was awful :sick: beautiful day nonetheless..

first round highland park blues- 58, ~970s
second round trinity longs- 54, ~980s

played awesome yesterday for the winter series. 5 birdies in a row, 8 total in the first round. less birdies but only one bogey the second round. Tied for first. The thumber was working for me parking everything.

We had a little tourney today and it was rainy and SLOPPY. I was sore played like crap. Had a ton of fun though.

Played 8 rounds over the holiday weekend!
Thursday am - casual dubs round with my son as my partner (-3)
Friday - 1 disc challenge club event I shot a -1 and tied for third (164 Star Tern) crazy fun round
After the club round we played for tags (+2)
Saturday - Dubs (-2 no cash, not even close!) and another tag round up at Tahoe (-2 second place)
Sunday - Incline Village (even par) - Tahoe Vista (+5) - Truckee Regional (-2)

What I can't figure out is how I shoot a 1 down with a freaking DRIVER and 3 strokes worse with my whole bag on Friday afternoon!!!!!

Shot a personal best +7 61 at the SFDGC Sunday weekly tournament. Played with a guy (Jeff) that shot a -12 on that round, was awesome to see that.

Played this morning on the silver tees at Lemon Lake, Indiana. About 45 degrees with 10-15mph wind. My putting was on point today and finished with a -5. I love hole 17 cause I used to be terrible at it and now it one of my favorite holes. Its a down hill tunnel shot with a low ceiling and u need to finish right. So I always throw my very beat in judge and I have been getting birdies on this hole almost every time I play it now. But I am starting to realize more and more that my boatman(speed 11) are too fast for me. They go just as far as my stags(speed 8) 380-415. Time to disc down a little. Any sugestions for speed 9-10 discs. I only throw latitude 64, westside and dynamic discs now.

Played this morning on the silver tees at Lemon Lake, Indiana. About 45 degrees with 10-15mph wind. My putting was on point today and finished with a -5. I love hole 17 cause I used to be terrible at it and now it one of my favorite holes. Its a down hill tunnel shot with a low ceiling and u need to finish right. So I always throw my very beat in judge and I have been getting birdies on this hole almost every time I play it now. But I am starting to realize more and more that my boatman(speed 11) are too fast for me. They go just as far as my stags(speed 8) 380-415. Time to disc down a little. Any sugestions for speed 9-10 discs. I only throw latitude 64, westside and dynamic discs now.

I'm messing with a Opto Saint/Saint Pro mix right now. The Saint just has so much darn glide..the Saint has a bit of high speed turn, while the Saint Pro is just kind of a meathook for me, although it is pretty fresh yet.

I played in the Open division of the Black Friday doubles with my Innova partner and we finished in 2nd, one stroke out of 1st. On Saturday I played MPG at the Blockhouse Potluck event and I obviously chose the wrong division since I won by 15 strokes. On Sunday I travelled an hour to play on a private course in Blackstone Va and I won Open by one stroke. I need to work on my game a little more.

Played the new Walnut Creek course (Walden Park) at lunch today. Birdied #2 with spike hyzer around a tree (with a Roc) and met a cool DGer named Cowboy. It was a good day...

Not too badly actually. Went out to screw around with this extremely beat in EXP 1 I found and found out that it will always go right (RHBH) unless you throw it at like >75 degree release angle. Putting is coming on too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts