• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing a year now and just posted my best game EVER on any course. Playing Paschal Park short tees I shot a 901 rated round according to the DGCR SSE. I am usually around the low to mid 800s.

A week or so ago I beat my previous best at this park by scoring -2 and today I was -6!! Today I had six deuces (one of which was an eagle on a generous par 4), a birdie three, nine pars and only two bogies. My drives and upshots were reasonably controlled for a change. I left a couple or three strokes behind on putts that almost went in (I was low and hit the lip of the cage on the ones I missed).

My son was playing good too and finished even par. What a great day. The weather was a bonus (we were playing in tee shirts).

after work i squeezed a round at oak brook, THE nicest 9 hole in IL. i shot a 24 which i was super pumped about, i even stole a deuce on 6 longs with a fatty jumper. prob 1020ish.

Played Walden Park in Walnut Creek today at lunch. Parred every hole this time which was a first on this particular course for me. I tried a slightly different power grip on my drives today. I kinda "choked up" for lack of a better term, meaning I seated the disc deeper into the seam of my hand and sort of moved my thumb up towards the edge of the disc in order to get more of a nose down angle. This seemed to have worked because my drives were a lot straighter, lower, and slightly longer. Weird how just a slight adjustment can make a huge difference...

Shot Douglas Adams' number on my home course. :thmbup::D

Pretty well! Shot a 56 on my home course of Bellamy park. 5 birdies, 1 stupid bogey.

Played Longview DGC, a new-to-me course...this happened:

qtDi6T3.png

First round, +1 (707 Rating)
Second round, +2 (679 Rating)

It was an okay day for me. I played my second round with my dad.

Two rounds at the Quarry...shorts first round, -5...which is OK...longs second round...started raining pretty good on hole 3 and ended up +6...which sucks. Trees just kept jumping out in front of my disc.

played a round of ript with a fellow dgcr member today. Forgot how hard it is not to yell at your disc after a bad shot. Just about walked off the course after that card was played.

Played great today. I shot a 17 under for 27 holes and almost hit an Ace with my new ESP Comet.

I had a couple of bad holes,but man was it good day. It was nice too. 60 degrees in December in northeast TN? yeah it was nutz.

Seen a Deer too. I thought it was a bear at first so we both had the Deer in headlights look going on. lol

uuuuuuh. well, i did get to throw a few putts today.

i found that the chains sound super lame when they, along with a good several inches of the post, are covered in snow. had to give up; only got a few in before my glasses were covered in snow and i was sick of cleaning out the bottom of my discs with my cold hands.

experimented with a 159g wizard. that thing . . . floats. it's like a small UFO. i think i'm going to put some lights on it and mess with people at night. gonna be a killer finesse drive/approach/long putt disc.

Even at Moraine from the blues. Had the place to myself. Stopped in Grove City when I remembered it was hunting season so I could buy a bright orange sweatshirt. :)

Made a 50-ish foot putt for birdie on hole 3 at SFDGC yesterday. First time birdieing that hole, woohoo! :hfive:

Shot a good round (for me) at Fox Chase this morning after dropping my daughter and her friend off at school. Shot a +16, 6 shots off my best score for the course. :thmbup:

As an aside, The weather is 74* and humid. Pretty amazing even for Albamarle, North Carolina in December. :clap: Sunday's high is only supposed to be 37*! :confused:

Quick lunchtime round at Bailey - really windy - and my back was KILLING me. Probably shouldn't have been out but after being cooped up all week I didn't care. Chains on #17 made the pain worth it.

Played in the monthly in Santa Maria, CA at two courses I've never played before and ended up winning AM, and even shot better then the top Open score by a stroke :)

Played 27 at Seneca Creek, mostly from the longs. Shot decently and had some nice throws with the Jackal and Zone, but cold fingers and distance drivers were not a good combination. I need to start using my quarterback hand warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts