• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradford. Worst round ever, by far. Pretty much one good throw, hyzer flipped my new Avenger SS for a birdie on #10, but otherwise complete garbage. Throwing from places I've never been before. Planning Hornet's Nest tomorrow but, man, something's get to change. I guess a hangover could only help.

Shot even at Hiller, which is decent for me, but my buddy lost his go-to EZ Buzzz in the water on hole #1, which rattled him just enough that I beat him by 2 strokes. I saw my opportunity and took it. :D

Shot even at Hiller, which is decent for me, but my buddy lost his go-to EZ Buzzz in the water on hole #1, which rattled him just enough that I beat him by 2 strokes. I saw my opportunity and took it. :D

Reminds me of the time our club was playing Ript Revenge for Bag Tags. One of the guys gets a "don't use this disc for the rest of the round" cards and uses it on another member's "go-to" Buzzz. That was it. One of out best guys got thrashed because he couldn't use that one Buzzz. He has 6 Buzzz's in his bag, but goes down in flames 'cause he can't use his favorite one.

First Round of 2014

Shot even par on Knobley Mt. DGC, which is about 2.5 throws worse than my average. However, it was almost pitch black and I just played with an Glow Aviar Putter that I haven't thrown in years. And my only light was a UV flashlight. I didn't bother lighting the baskets for just one round. So, I'd say that this was a pretty good start to 2014 for me.

The New Year brought new hopes of improvement. I threw a +7, which is about average. BUT, the pins were long, and it would have been a +4, or +3 if they were short. My putting was good, but not perfect. Drives were decent, but I did slam into an early tree on a late hole.

The worst part was the stage fright that occurred from playing with three new players, who I didn't know. I got a little uncomfortable, and ended up making throws that I'd not usually make if playing alone.

Either way, it was a beautiful day, so I can't complain.

We play our New Year's Day fun tourney at Winton Woods, which was actually built in 1978. So deuces galore when the wind is calm like today. I was lucky enough to take Intermediate with a 44+46. A couple of Open players fought for the win: the course record 36 wasn't enough to beat the champ's 37+37.

I know...easy course, but a fun way to start the year. 116 players, 5 aces. Welcome, 2014!

My first round of the year was at a new local course. The temp was about 42 degrees, which isn't bad. However, the wind was a constant 20-24 mph. On top of that, it was very muddy; busted my butt and slid down a hill on my new Grip, UG! :thmbdown: I chalked it up to practice.

Like crap! Played 2 rounds and between the 2 rounds I was about 4 under par. Shoulda just stayed in and watched football like I had planned. lol

Played in Truckee, CA yesterday with my son. Icy teepads and slippery footing but played one of my best rounds ever......and my second ace ever on hole #2!! Hyzer line around a tree about 250' , landed about 25-30 ft right of the basket and skipped right in! 167 Champion Tern. It's my second ace in 63 days, both with Terns.
I was -4 after the first 3 holes but missed a bunch of birdie putts and 2 bogeys & finished at -3.
Great day in the mountains and what a start to the New Year!

Not too bad today. I played Walden Park at lunch and shot -3 (9 holes). Best score ever at that course for me. I birdied #2, #6, and #7. On #2 I managed a pretty straight shot with a Roc3 that left me with a shortish putt, not exactly parked, but not too bad. On #6 I threw a relatively straight, high shot that faded into the trees and got knocked down right next to the basket. On #7 I threw the best roller of my life and parked it 5 feet from the basket in front of a witness, no less. The guy (another DGer) who saw my roller actually came up to me and asked me how I did it. I had to admit to the guy that it was the best roller I ever threw in my life, but I showed him how I did it anyway (what type of disc I used, the angle, the amount of spin, etc...). To quote Ice Cube, "I got to say it was a good day".

Met up with delaveagabeast and his lovely girlfriend today for a round at CSUMB Oaks, followed by a round at Ryan Ranch. Weather was in the high 70s, unbelievably beautiful in the Monterey area.

I was nailing my drives all day long. Felt really good. Scored ok overall for being on each of those courses for my first time.

Was really nice to meet another DGCR-er for the first time!

bda

70 degree round with my son at Harry Myers (short tees) today. I was on par to beat my best score after posting a 3 on hole nine which usually kicks my tail. I finished the front nine with a 31 which is about my best yet, but fell apart on the back nine which ironically is more open. Eagled 17 (generous par 5) with a ~350 ft. drive and parked upshot though. Finished with a 67 which is 3 off my best for the course and had a great day of DG.

Played for more than 4 hours a day, three days in a row this weekend. Been playing some inspired golf lately, with my drives getting to or surpassing my all time longs with greater accuracy. Putting is meh, but you can't complain about that while parking 400 and 450 foot plus drives.

obama-not-bad.png

threw fairly even keel, but left 3-4 REALLY stupid strokes out there. fairly certain i snagged advanced at +1. not bad with the wind and cold. i doinked no fewer than 5 putts, though. 3 for deuce and 1 for a drop in par. eh. the last two times i've gone i shot +8 and +13 (dear lord, those rounds were painful) so i will take it.

feels good to be throwing well again.

Played yesterday. Threw a +9 while adjusting to a two disc round of the Servo and Envy. Not bad, considering.

Posted my best score at Bear Creek today, playing my son and some friends. Up until hole 15 I was bogey free with two deuces but on that hole I blew up and three putted for a five. I followed that with a par and another deuce and then threw my tee shot into a ravine for a tough up on the last hole then two putted (bogey) for an even 54. My son was only three throws behind me and everyone had a great time.

If I were to share how I did today it would probably be grounds for getting the thread moved to 'bad round excuses thread'.

The other day I played pretty well, especially for not doing any warm up throws. I played at emerald. My driving has improved a lot in the last couple of weeks. I was able to get within decent putting range on many holes that I previously hadn't been anywhere close. Making those putts was a different story. I did 5 down. Would have gotten more if I made the other putts and not gotten the one bogey that I went out of bounds on. I had several decently close ace runs on holes I never even had a chance on before as well.

Shot a 4 over in this morning's ice bowl. Played again this afternoon and shot a 3 down. I think the tourney pace kills my game, I need to work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts