• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some training again today. Been really sick these last few months and now that I am feeling better I headed up to a feild on my street and practices some throws. I think I did very good despite being low energy. I have a nice smooth straight throw with my roc. I did hit some trees and scratch it up on the walking path a little.

Can't wait to have enough energy for the course :D

Played random draw doubles at league on Sunday and we won it with a bogey free 9 down. I hit two putts that were pushing 50' and drove the length of the basket on #6(Watson's longest at 383' slightly uphill). Overall one of my best, if not THE best round I've had at Watson.

I did training yesterday night. about 40 degrees and snow on the ground. thought i did darn good with putts. about 66% from 40 feet and about 90 percent from 20 feet and all the way in downtown at 50-60 feet guestimate was about 33%. 1 out of 3 putts made from that distance.

Play? That sounds wonderful...wish it would get above 20º so I could actually go do that. I got out on Friday, because it was UP to 17º w/ 20-35mph winds. 2 solo rounds...actually shot pretty well considering the elements.

Played a team tourney on Saturday and opened the doubles round up with ten straight twos. Definitely the first time I have Deuced an entire front or back even in competitive doubles. Couldn't keep it up in singles though and shot a (modest 49) while hot singles round was 41.

Played dubs on Sat morning and drew a 10yr old with a 4 stroke handicap as a partner. We ended up -5 to take second place. Played tags that afternoon and defended my #19 tag against a field of 6 but I just played boring steady and let the others blow up. Sunday, drove up to Truckee Ca, and shot a -3 against my son in a tag round 5 birdies 2 bogeys. Fun weekend.

Played the new course in Little Elm, Mccord Park with some friends. Shot a -9 and had a blast

Well, I only got 9 holes in at Oakland's top course yesterday, but I feel like I did pretty well considering I haven't picked up a disc since early October. 2 birds, 2 bogies for an even 27 on the front 9. It was really nice (50s) but really windy (gusts to 30). Now it's 12F outside. No golf for me for a while, again.

I played two rounds today, one was a warm up practice round before league night. I played pretty well. I think I was about 2-3 down. I had some other bird shots, but had a few that didn't make it in.

The second round was for the league. I was playing pretty decently Stayed even for the first 5 holes. I got a birdy on hole 6, next hole I ended up getting a double bogey on the hole after that. I had a several other birdies, but I also had some more bogeys. I walked away with a +1. I ended up winning because of my handicap(This was the first time I played league in about a year).

I don't know what it is, but for some reason, I can never play as well at leagues compared to other rounds. It did get dark during the round, and that's when I think my game suffered. I may have to play a daytime league at the same course to see if it is the night, or just me.

Got up at 5:45am this morning, drove up to SFDGC and got 27 holes in before I had to head out to work. What a great freaking way to start the day, I'll be doing more of that I think.

Played decently, +7 for the initial round of 18 holes. Birdied hole 8 for the first time.

bda

Well ... it was yesterday, but I threw 75 putts from 24 feet and hit 68% of them. Kind of curious what that jives with compared to everyone else.

On the plus, within 15 feet feels like a gimmie now.

.......In some furious wind; 20mph gusting to 30.

I hit a couple of unexpected deuces on approach with my Wasp which helped. On one approach of about 150 ft., the disc went higher than I meant but then stalled, broke left and crashed into the chains! I ended up finishing one under par for 18 on a sunny, 55 degree, windy day. I'll take it!

-4, and bogey free in the snow. All 4 birdies were on the front 9, so the back got a little boring and routine...

I ended up with +1 today at Pier Park in North Portland
Also got a slow motion video of me hitting a putt from about
25' away. Got to test out my homemade birdie beads

yesterday after work i threw 9 holes out at channahan longs. i was crushin with the uncharacteristic absence of the wind. i was probably 1 down with two 4's and i managed to hit the number plate on 7.

im gonna try to throw 2day but im going to have to bring the shovel again after last nights fresh dump. this winters a b*tch.

Finished in the money in our random draw doubles (A and B pools) again today. That's the 3rd time in the last couple months. I actually played very well and carried my "A" partner through the front nine. Feels good to contribute. My game is definitely growing and my distance is really picking up now. Where I used to throw drivers I'm having to switch to my mids, and where I was throwing mids I'm having to switch to my putters. That has taken a while to get used to but it feels better now. Can't wait till it gets a little warmer and we don't get snow every stinking week so I can get out and play on a more consistent basis.

Shot a hot for the day doubles round of 39 in the second round of a dubz tourney to break the course record by two. Beat Innova sponsored Jay Dore's team and tied with soon to be sponsored Tyler Grady on the day to take home about three jackson's after expenses. First round my partner played virtually alone (I sucked) to shoot a 7-. Then round two I started going first on every shot and I caught fire shooting a 12 down on my own and getting help from him on three holes to get to 15! Felt really good to shoot the best round of the day against the very best Maine has to offer (minus Nick gagne the other innova sponsored pro up here)

Well, it was supposed to warm up (50) and rain most of the day, so I was going to give the sloshy mud a pass. But a friend wanted to go out to AJ Jolly, so I re-checked the weather, which now said the rain was holding off. Turns out we hooked up with a larger group of friends, the temps rose to the high 50's, and the sun actually peeked out. I was able to loop around twice and stay within a couple strokes of par both times.

Now for the weirdness and the drama. Found a beautiful white goose laying dead near the 3rd basket on our first loop. Decided it was some park creature's meal tonight, so let the dead bird lie. The second time round, we were following a nice enough group of guys who were clearly enjoying the weather and some libations, because they stuffed the dead goose IN the basket there. They actually decided as we played through that they might have thought twice about that...:\

The drama came immediately after. This is a nice sized lake, and the ice was melting. The geese were congregating by the dozens about a thousand feet out. That was enough to send a family dog from the left side of the lake into a goose chasing frenzy. His (her?) owners called frantically to have him come back, but he managed to go in at a soft part of the ice. He struggled for minutes while we all wondered what could be done. Think about it: dog breaks ice, people can't get out 1000' to save him.

When we saw one of his owners tiptoeing out about 50' onto the ice :eek:, we tried to wave the kid back, and called emergency services for help or advice. Put on hold (!?). The owner finally realized how dangerous it was, and started back to shore, after which the dog (who had pretty much stopped scrambling in the icy water, and was just hanging on there), started to try clawing his way out again...

...and succeeded! :clap:

The dog had been in icy water for 7-10 minutes, but shivered his way back to shore, we all applauded, and then the emergency crew arrived, saw the situation had resolved itself, and left.

I guess the moral is, either KNOW your dog will stop (even chasing geese) when called, or leash the critter. Don't need any near tragedy becoming a real one!

Status
Not open for further replies.