• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good day. Played in the 18th Sarasota Ice Bowl. Me and my partner shot a 48 in the 1st round and a 45 in the second round. Didn't cash, but I landed one under a basket on a ctp hole, and scored a Sonic(???) and a Roc3 for my awesomeness!

Like a boss (is how I played)! I won the local ice bowl the second round of which was the first official tag league round of the season. I made my money back as well as getting a couple of bottom stamped Sirius Scorpius with custom dyes which is pretty cool. One of the dyes is a nice looking one from disc junky and the other one is a hideous custom dye from a local pizza place that sponsored some holes. Good pizza, but an ugly a$$ disc that I'm going to throw anyway because it's hilarious.

12259714796_dbb08b45c6.jpg

Played in our local Ice Bowl today. Although, 60 degrees sure didn't feel like an Ice Bowl. Placed 3rd in singles (no prize, but still a great round), 2nd in doubles, and got two extra discs for winning both rings of fire. All in all, I was just happy to have a large group of people out playing. It's been at least 2 or 3 months since the last tournamnet/doubles/club meeting in our area.

Found a new course today while driving. It was really dark so I just threw one hole for the hell of it. I have not played in months but I made par.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

i had probably my best worst round ever. ended at +2, 56. which is okay. nailed my putts. it was just one of those days . . . i hit a tree off my drive and bounced back 20 feet or so. hit the same tree again. it was embarrassing. the next hole i drained a 40' putt, then went for an ace run and got CTP for a deuce, then a hyzer putt around a tree in a crosswind for deuce on the hole after that. then i bogeyed to finish the round. it was just hot or cold today and i never felt like i truly got the hang of my driving for some reason. left a lot of strokes out there. took two double bogeys, too. thankfully i managed to rally a little.

also disappointing, actually: the league i'm in does something pretty cool for int/adv players. they take each player's best 4 rounds and average them out. the person with the best average in each division gets to go to the minnesota majestic, paid for by the league. as of this week i was first in my division and also first for the best four average . . .

someone in advanced shot -5 today. -______- my best is -1. he and i were pretty much neck and neck so unless i really kill a few rounds, it'll be tough to beat. i have until mid-march, so i guess i've got my work cut out for me!

How did I play today? Considreing my new E Mac Escape and two baseballs are up a tree on hole #5 at Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, not good. :thmbdown:

Terrible... Was ultra crowded at the park in general, and tons of people on the course. Lots of waiting to tee off, and letting people play through combined with my horrible round made for a frustrating day.
Couldn't get a hold of my drives, kept over correcting and then missing easy putts All in my head I'd say

Played in the WIFFS Mooresville Mash yesterday. it was probably the warmest day of the year so far- about 40 degrees. It's too bad my game didn't warm up as well. The rian held off for most of the first round but the course was tricky footing because some of tees were on asphalt driveways and walking paths. i busted my butt on #13's tee. I missed a lot of putts that were on the basket but just not dropping in. The rain really started coming down for the 2nd round. I made the best of it i suppose. It was rough on everyone.

I'm not satisfied with my game right now. I feel that I should be playing better. I really can't blame my poor performances on the weather. We're all playing in the same conditions. I hope that i play better soon. It's really annoying being non-competitive.

How did I play today? Considreing my new E Mac Escape and two baseballs are up a tree on hole #5 at Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, not good. :thmbdown:

Went out in the freezing drizzle this morning with 2 more baseballs. I guess E Mac was cold, because it only took 12 throws today and he was out of the tree and ready to come home. :)

Didn't play a scored round, but played on Knobley Mt. working on one of my "unofficial" sets of tees. I played surprisingly well considering I've only played about 2-3 times this year and it had been at least 2 weeks since I last threw a disc. I also got to throw a couple new discs... a couple from Christmas and one that I just got on ebay. They all work, just like the should which is always nice! ;-)

The "Purple" tees are just about set. I'm pretty happy with the layout with just one hole that I'm not happy with.

It was supposed to rain Saturday, so since the weathermen were wrong, I managed to get three rounds in with friends. So the snow flurries were predicted today, and I figured on a day off of DG. Of course, no precipitation all day, so I head to the home course. It finally started flurrying around hole 5, but I had a really fun round, hit metal on 13 & 16 (need new pics this spring to show all the trees we lost to the emerald ash borer). Anyway, happy to shoot -9 in the flaky stuff and the mud! :p

Today was one of those days where your tee shots are money, you can throw as far as you like but you simply cannot make any putts. I must have missed 8 or more 20 footers.

I played better than my partner in doubles. He drives further than me but I made a bunch of sick upshots and kept us near even par with birdie putts to compensate any bogies. It was cold and a lot of ice on the ground. Happy I brought the opto jade to the course. Awesome disc for standstill easy distance in the fairway or off the tee.

Got stuck with lone wolf again this week for double. Finally shot closer to what I would in the summer of -4. 7 out of the lead. One if these days I'm going to get a partner again.

Didn't play a scored round, but played on Knobley Mt. working on one of my "unofficial" sets of tees. I played surprisingly well considering I've only played about 2-3 times this year and it had been at least 2 weeks since I last threw a disc. I also got to throw a couple new discs... a couple from Christmas and one that I just got on ebay. They all work, just like the should which is always nice! ;-)

The "Purple" tees are just about set. I'm pretty happy with the layout with just one hole that I'm not happy with.

Whaaat? Come on Jim, you've got no excuse for that considering you have a course in your backyard.

set a new personal record. I managed to bogey 16 out of 18 holes. It was absolutely bananas. Half way in i just said "f*ck this, im just gonna goof off and have some fun"

I played in a C-Tier this weekend and pretty much "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory".
I was tied for 2nd place after the first round and 4 strokes off the lead. I clanked several easy birdie putts in the first round and it got into my head that I wasn't putting well - and it turned into a self fulfilling prophecy! I missed 7 putts from inside 20 ft on the second round and came in second to last place. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy......

Status
Not open for further replies.