• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Socks - not just something simple

I knew that Italians have smaller feet than Finns but X Socks Speed Ones have the largest size vs number mismatch ever. Finns generally have wide front parts in feet and thin heels. That wide part feels congested even though there's plenty of excess numbers in the sock size range for me. In sneakers they became wet but less than cotton socks. Their shape is so snug that there's no fear of clumping and getting blisters from that.

With shoes that evaporate moisture these might be fine socks. Just not as comfortable in feeling as the thick and soft Bridgedales. X Socks are best in sneakers in cool weather and with moisture evaporating shoes are probably fine during warm weather. Can't tell if they're too hot in hot weather.

J-Man said:
I've been getting the Costco version of smart wools, same sock, way cheaper.

I've used generic wool socks before, nowhere near the support (I have super flat feet, I notice every ounce of support I get)

I mostly just wear chacos, but when I do rock shoes, it's with smartwools or cycling socks

i just got some new insoles for my merrells today along with my first pair of smartwools :) holy shit what a huge difference this has made in my comort level and reducing soreness after a round,thanks for the heads up Solty. P.S. whats up with those challengers :?: that trade kinda fell through :wink:

I'm wearing soccer socks. They rock! http://www.twincityknitting.com these rox0rz! Stopper Tube. They stay up and cover the legs to prevent getting scratched, stickers, cactus etc... and all that jazz.

Now if I could only find them in Argyle I'd be set.

I used to wear nothing but smartwools then I found socks called Darn tough socks. They are made in Vermont and I find them better than smartwools and they seem to last longer.

http://www.darntough.com/

on another thread everyone was recommending another product over sealskins hands down, some kind of goretex sock i believe. someone help me out here??? i know the thread is buried in general discussion from about a month ago, check it out

Yeah, I'd appreciate it... I'd rather not shell out the bucks for SealSkins, but I think I want to add something similar to my arsenal.

these will be at least as much as sealskins (prolly more) but are supposed to be a way better product

I've got all kinds of goretex and goreclone type socks and boots for hunting. I paid 12 bucks for my SealSkins new, on Ebay. I LOVE THEM. I've played in sub zero weather with those and a light cycling sock, in my Salomons (non-gortex model), and I was super comfortable, fetl nimble on my my feet, and got really good grip.

I played a round in my burgandy Doc Martens today...I wouldn't recommend them. lol

I have a pair of Rocky's water socks. They were a recent addition to my clothing lineup at the beginning of the year before travelling to Vichy, MO to play DaveMac's monster course. Not that it was pouring or anything, but it was the spring, and this land is pretty wild. It holds a bit of water. It was after that trip when I realized gore-tex shoes is only good in light dew situtations when it comes to shoes that don't go above your ankle. My shoes (a pair of xa pro 3Ds) were soaked while my feet were kept dry from the water socks.

They're easily the best $50 I've ever spent on any one golf item.

Hey Further -

Are you saying that my yet to arrive Salomon GTX Mid Riverteks will not be waterproof enough for other than fair weather golfing?

We went from a 2 week mowing schedule to a 3 week for our parks in KC, and there were days that my feet left wet because of the high grass.

If you get Sealskinz, stay away from the H2O Waterblocker model. They have a section at the top where the membrane is exposed on the inside of the sock... I guarantee it will tear when you are getting the socks off and on your foot at some point. Maybe not the first time but it will happen.

how about http://www.backcountry.com/store/XSO0016/X-Socks-Mountain-Biking-Short-Water-Repellant-Sock.html anyone tried these?