• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

good - new tsunami in the spring fling players pack!
bad- my score :oops:
ugly - double...circle...seven. short hole, over a swamp. I dumped the same disc in twice, once from the drop-zone WAY closer than the tee.

garublador said:
Frank_Delicious said:
bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work.

unsolicited advice said:
It might not be a problem with your grip. It could be timing or weight distribution. Be sure your weight is forward (over your plant foot), but not back (behind your heel) and that you're starting your pull after you plant, not at the same time as you plant.

Now that you mention it, I might be starting my pull too early. I'll check that out. Thanks :D

Good - Playing one of the sweetest course ever, which is brand new and just sweet! Up in the Poudre Canyon north of Ft. Collins. www.sundancetrail.com is the site. Red Feather is the name of the course. It was truly amazing.

Bad - Losing my favorite, perfectly beat in Valkyrie in the black abyss of a pond at Edora Park in Ft. Collins.

Ugly - My score over the weekend at the Grateful Disc Golf Festival in Ft. Collins, I totally bombed! My score should have been WAY closer to par then it was. Very disappointed.

Thatdirtykid said:
Ugly. threw a +11 yesterday during a tourney after throwing a +4 same layout

Good: Today threw the hot round on a tougher course of -2 and took 3rd for my best PDGA finish (Advanced AM)

Good: Got the only birdie on my card (and I am pretty sure the whole AM pool) on a particularly difficult hole. . . then in the next round did it again.

Was that hole #3?
I heard of the legend of the Sabre park.

yeah hole three at red feathers. twice, the disc landed within a foot of where it had the previous round.

Good: Reading advice meant for another poster, yet also realizing that I, too, am starting my pull too early.

Bad: Not clearing out the basket at league play yesterday and throwing in a sloppy putt that hit the top of the disc inside of the basket and popped out.

Ugly: Losing the league match by one stroke.

Good: Just picked up 2 of the Fundraiser discs for our LA state championships
2007-La-state-Buzzz.jpg

Awesome lookin disc, and it's $20 instead of the usual $25 that I was expecting from a full stamp fundraiser disc. 1 Buzz for the wall, and one Surge for my bag.
Also been chunkin some awesome drives with my new 132 Ultralight Raging Inferno DT. (Thanx Justin, but when my gateway discs don't do what I plan I tell myself "Damn that Justin Main")

Bad: Still missing my old Minnesota Majestic Starfire and Oldddd school first run Champion Orc. Lost in the water in Baton Rouge. My bread and butter discs, both beat in giving them awesome glide and HSS for my power level.

Ugly: Im stuck at work pushing buttons bored again as usual. YAY ME! It's ok tho. Im about to go to lunch and to break out this new Surge fundraiser disc in the field next to work and check out how it flies. Pretty much a daily routine for me.

BAD!!!!! I was just flexing my favorite M Wizard to be some more stability out of the rim and I FREAKING BUSTED THE RIM!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

bad- I took my nephew out to play disc for his first time ever today and when we were just getting started he nailed me right in the shaft from about 3 feet away.....ouch!...and my wife felt bad for me but for some reason she just couldn't stop laughing at me while I was in pain....

I forgot that when your teaching some one to throw usually your safer standing in front of them.....I guess I'll remember from now on...

lock-off said:
BAD!!!!! I was just flexing my favorite M Wizard to be some more stability out of the rim and I FREAKING BUSTED THE RIM!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

yeah that happened to me once, mediums dont really give enough. you can fold most softs nearly in half though.

S plastic seems to be the most abrasion and gouge resistant, as well as holding its shape the best (out of baseline plastics) but its the only modern plastic I have cracked. (Med wizard on a tree and saturday S hybrid on the ground, thumber style)

Still my favorite plastic :)

good: yesterday par'ed 18 at my local (pier), first time, with a 100 ft hyzer off the hill to the left and i couldn't see the hole, just estimated, hoped for the best and got the sweet sound of chains ringing. love that roc.

ugly: the rest of the back nine yesterday.

Good- Road tripping down to Taft (near Bakersfield,Ca.) to play a tornament a couple years ago.
Bad- Drinking a couple of pitchers of beer with my pizza then going to some little bar and doing shots with the bartender the rest of the night.
UGLY!- Puking after every single drive I threw during the tourney. It's also hard to putt when your head is throbbing in pain! :oops:

That'll learn me!

good: played some random doubles at the course where I am playing my first PDGA event of the year and shot real well, found a few new lines.

Good: Playing in my first A-tier event.
Bad: I averaged 880 over 3 rounds, took 20th out of 26 in AM1
The Ugly: Tournament directors who run 18 groups of 4 through nine holes during an A-tier event.

:)

Good: Consistently hitting the valley gaps with my putter. It's too cool to see a putter fly 275 or more over an enormous valley while my friends are throwing Flashes, Wraiths, etc.

Bad: Lost a silver ring that a good friend recently gave to me on the course. I guess I'll get the word around to keep an eye out for it but it might as well be a needle in a haystack.

Ugly: Where did my 15' putt go?

Good: Got my 5th Ace yesterday in front of a couple fellow Disc Golf Reviewers. Then after won doubles.

ugly - my round today was going crappy so i decided to throw grenades only on an 1000 ft hole. needles to say i was double digits over.

Good: A new course is opening near where I live so i don't have to drive an hour to get to a decent course. Thanks to Shane Kruse we will now have a nice course in Hutchinson. :D

Good: Tossed a +2 on a course that I normally score +7 on earlier this week

Bad: The two jackasses in front of me when playing my last round threw four or five drives at each hole while I stood waiting my turn.

Ugly: Same jackasses left their bottles and wrappers on the course, so I picked them up. Not to mention one of them pissed in the bushes next to a house that bordered the park, the owner didn't look to happy.

Good: The first time I played league in the fall of 05, I shot a 97, ouch! Now I shoot around a 55 to a 57 and on the brink of getting my first even or below par.

Bad: It's on a more intermediate course so I don't put a lot of stock into my decreasing handicap.

Latest posts