• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Mr.SmOOOth said:
Whoooo boy, stinging nettle is a nasty, weed-like plant that will make your skin feel like it's on fire as soon as you touch it! Nasty stuff!!
Until our course was mowed we had some almost knee high patches of the stuff. I can tromp through it pretty well because I dealt with it so much doing landscaping but some guys won't go near it.

this was the first time i really got hit, oh why did i wear shorts?! but at least it's better than poison oak/ivy in that it doesn't last. just a nasty itch for 20 minutes.

but...

good: playing around last night, i realized i can get a really straight shot sidearming a putter. that's gonna be my new secret weapon this week.

chachi said:
Mr.SmOOOth said:
Whoooo boy, stinging nettle is a nasty, weed-like plant that will make your skin feel like it's on fire as soon as you touch it! Nasty stuff!!
Until our course was mowed we had some almost knee high patches of the stuff. I can tromp through it pretty well because I dealt with it so much doing landscaping but some guys won't go near it.

this was the first time i really got hit, oh why did i wear shorts?! but at least it's better than poison oak/ivy in that it doesn't last. just a nasty itch for 20 minutes.

but...

good: playing around last night, i realized i can get a really straight shot sidearming a putter. that's gonna be my new secret weapon this week.

Not sure what forehand grip you use, but with putters and mids I like to put three fingers on the underside of the flight plate and only have one on the rim. For me this helps to eliminate the possiblity of turning the disc over due to too much spin.

Good: I threw a 600' drive in a tournament this weekend.

Bad: The hole was only 400'

Ugly: Couldn't get up and down and took a 4.

MDR, i wonder how your group felt, Ive played w/ groups who look at me sickened when I drive, and espeically when I outdrive 400'+ holes.

We all thought it was funny when we saw where it was.

But I'm sure they didn't mind as one team parked it and the other took an easy 3.

I read this forum ALL the time and never post anything...the tides will turn...I WILL CONTRIBUTE!!

Good: Shot a 9 under (white tees at Borderland in Sharon, MA) - nothing to brag about but considering I am terrible it was a nice feeling

Good: Finally learned to pitch-straddle and turbo putt relatively consistently within 25'

Bad: Cant break 350' (pure D) and cant seem to even get to 320' on a course...maybe Im wrong and using the tee signs as a guide (which can be wrong I guess)

Bad: Got a 4 on a 175 tunnell shot... :oops:

Ugly: My follow through...even though I know it sucks, I cant force it...when i concentrate on follow through, my grip and snap leave me and when i try to not concentrate on anything and just play, I have little to no follow through

Lots more but I think thats enough for today

deaddisc said:
Not sure what forehand grip you use, but with putters and mids I like to put three fingers on the underside of the flight plate and only have one on the rim. For me this helps to eliminate the possiblity of turning the disc over due to too much spin.

interesting. i think (i don't have a disc here to try it) that i have just my index on the inside of the rim, with the other fingers supporting the disc underneath the rim, then a thumb on top. but i'll try this out tonight and see what i get.

i tried it on a lark and it shot so straight i was really suprised. i never really even sidearm rocs, just drivers.

Good - I played 18 last night, and the weather was awesome!

Bad - as expected, I dropped down from tag #9 to #20 (9 was a fluke for me)

Ugly - I took a 6 on a hole that I have been parring lately after switching to a thumber off the tee. Last night I went back to flick on that hole, and it got me. Ugh.

Bad - I'm covered in what I'm assuming is poinson ivy from the Asheville tourney last week.

Good - Get to play Wellspring and Cedarock again this weekend in Burlington.

Good- Played in beautiful weather yesterday and Maple Hill was NICEEEE

Bad-My round

Ugly-My round, dont even know what I ended at and I lost a fav champion firebird.

deaddisc said:
Good- Played in beautiful weather yesterday and Maple Hill was NICEEEE

Bad-My round

Ugly-My round, dont even know what I ended at and I lost a fav champion firebird.

Maple Hill was real sweet yesterday.

Good-took second with my personal best of 58 (+4)

Bad: Crunch time for school.

Good: My drive has felt REALLY good this week. The throwing nothing but teebirds and mids experiment worked out pretty well for me, and my big D drivers are much straighter with a lot of snap.

Ugly: The 8 hours I waited for a program I wrote to finish, only to not have it before it was due :(.

Good: Played weekly doubles last night. Actually made some solid throws and a few clutch putts.

Bad: Didn't make enough of the above mentioned. We took 2nd and out of the money.

Ugly: Some guy showed up and decided to play with us. Despite having a huge boiler and man-boobs he played shirtless. :puke:. I'm no bronze adonis but Nature Boy had no business going Tarzan.

The highlight of the night was as we were playing a hole next to the street some kids drove by and yelled out 'PUT A SHIRT ON, FATTY!

I had to hide the fact that I was about to piss myself laughing.

good: playing 10 holes with a seasoned roc and a medium wizard before my round

good: played my best game ever even though i lost score at some point (threw a few extra utility shots for fun) the diablo dt is like a sniper rifle holy crap.

Good: found that my new local play it again still had an 11x KC Aviar in stock, max weight too!!

REALLY Good: bought an x-out Champion Whippet at the same play it again for $7.50....suck-kuuzzzzzz!

Ugly: the weather here lately...what's up with east texas? It's like the clouds here KNOW when I'm about to get off work :evil:

Good- my local PIAS owner knows disc golf and I supply them with there gateway plastic

Bad- my local PIAS owner knows disc golf and keeps all the special discs and good used ones foe himself

Ugly- my local PIAS owner knows disc golf and buys used and new CE discs from people who don't know disc golf for about 3-5 bucks a pop

the Very Good- just got a 10x roc on ebay for $14.63. its used but from the pix still in great throwing condition

Good - Shot my highest rated round last weekend with a 961

Bad - High Country Disc Golf Tournament has a canceled

Ugly - I fell on my drive on 16 at my home course. My left leg is scratched up pretty good. Still made my gap though. :D

Good- First time after injury with almost every drive and every upshot with my right hand! JOY! I incorporated a lot of what I've learned here into my technique. Not everything though. Too much changes to manage everything at once. Definite improvements though in the areas I tried. Beautiful flights and D :)

Better - I tried out the ultralight Spirit and found out that it is good in the wind in the beginning of the flight. And I can throw it straight farther than I thought based on my initial throw in winter in slush.

Even better - I got a lot more D out of my Wizard and it flies beautifully even in high winds. And for some reason I don't have any difficulties in gripping it anymore. I loved it before but now it's mad love! Rapture!

Bad - My top gun max D disc is in a lake. Even before I got the beautiful longer than before flights. So who knows where I'm at after I dive out the farthest disc in my bag. Make that a lake temporarily :)

Ugly - Me rolling up the trousers wading in the lake finding out that the lake is deeper and the mud bottom sinks more than I have clearance for with the trousers as high up as possible. The result was playing in partially wet trousers for a while.

Uglier - I have to take swimming pants and a towel for me the next time plus a bottle of water to wash myself. Not a pretty picture :)

Latest posts