• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

The good: played my first league weekly for the first time in many many months and won for the first time ever.

The Bad: Bag tag whent from 13 to 32 which sucks, but i got screwed because most of the bag tags in the challenge were much lower than my own a result of a few very good players joining the club recently and by default got very low bag tags.

The ugly: I was reminded of my old handicap of 15 that will hopefully be dropping soon and hereing the jeers from the other guys about bagging my handicap and taking there money

Played in the weekly doubles yesterday. It was windy as hell. Screwed everybody's game up.

My partner and I won...thanks to him mostly.

Good- The wizard - so glad I switched from my trusty magnet.
Good #2 - Thanks to good putting and approaches, I played a solid round last night.
Bad - Ripped open my finger driving, again. Had to switch to mostly low speed discs. Still had a great round - see above.
Ugly - What it looked like after it was ripped open.

Good- warming up for the summer doubles, I aced.

Bad- Didn't place in the summer doubles, had four chain outs

Ugly- During the ace pool throw off, I chained out. Didn't need that $40 anyway.

Good - I learned how to throw my Aviar. I still can't putt (haha) but I am now comfortable throwing it; about 250', hyzer, and anhyzer - I typically have issues with anhyzer, so that is nice. Learning to throw that discs has helped me with some of my other discs.

Good - I shot my 2nd PB in 3 weeks! (and walked away with the #9 tag!)

Good - my B-day was this week - took the day off and played... it was 65 and sunny, what perfect weather

Bad - My Buzzz is still gone... I think the creek decided to keep that one. Stupid creek.

The good-
Started my new Job at the Austin American Statesman,
played Pease park Wendsday, Zilker park yesterday, lots of chickies
running around in next to nothing...shot =3 mainly because of the distractions :wink:

The bad-
it's raining today, I drank too much last night, and I am in the process of moving.

The Ugly-
gotta drive alot this weekend and gas is $3.11 a gallon....$40 = Half a tank.

Booo Bush, Booooooooooooo!

GOOD: Threw par for 18 holes at Sherando Park in a drizzle with only a TeeBird, Roc and a Warlock. While worrying about....

BAD & UGLY: Getting a divorce.

Good-Took third in the tournament.
Bad-Shot my worst score on the final round
Ugly-Had to ride my bike to the tournament in the pouring rain

The Good - Got to stop in the Gotta Go Gotta Throw shop while in Minneapolis and look at lots of discs. Picked up a E Element-X with a slight defect on the rim and they gave me a couple bucks off :D

The Bad - Threw the above disc three times and the center dimple on the top of the disc has cracked and looks like its ready to fall out :x

the good - took 4th while tied with 2 good friends while shooting even on the 2nd round
the bad - got raped the wind during the first round....

good - shot a 1 down and was tied for the lead in AMs after first round

bad - shot a +8 on same course in better conditions in the 2nd round

ugly - my whole f-ing game in the 2nd round and my 1st to 8th slide!

chachi said:
f-ing stinging nettles....

We have this on our new championship course. Not looking forward to seeing them grow back this summer. I don't think wishful thinking is going to stop them either.

Whoooo boy, stinging nettle is a nasty, weed-like plant that will make your skin feel like it's on fire as soon as you touch it! Nasty stuff!!
Until our course was mowed we had some almost knee high patches of the stuff. I can tromp through it pretty well because I dealt with it so much doing landscaping but some guys won't go near it.

Good- As you might of read I got my first ace this past weekend and it was during a tournament

Bad- Got 5th but shot a 65, 56 (course did not change), and a 67.

Ugly- The Ace came on the 67 round, not the 56.

Ugly - Everything about my round last night! My game was clicking a few days ago, huge drives, solid putts, and then last night I fell on my face. My timiing was off and it threw me off mentally. Totally screwed my whole round. Today is another day, so I plan on doing much better tonight after work.

Good - I get to play tonight, and the weather is AWESOME!!!

Bad - I am surely going to lose that shiny, silver, #9 tag that I lucked into last week!