• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good - Beat out some heavy competition at our last random doubles for the win. Had some great drives and solid putts.

Bad - The wife's super busy all week leaving me stuck at home to watch the kids all week which means no golfing this week. Maybe/hopefully on Wed. night if the stars align.

Ugly - The light's disappearing up here rapidly calling for earlier and earlier tee times, making it harder to squeeze in a round after work even if I could get out of the house. I play all through the winter, snow, ice and cold, but the lack of evening light really slows down the round frequency. :(

Good: totally in love with the Z Comet, i could learn to throw just that and a putter for a whole round. :D

Bad: it's gonna change the way i approach and throw almost every hole, every shot. :(

Ugly: tourney this weekend. :cry:

Good: My throw tinkering. I feel like I'm really ripping the piss out of the disc for the 1st time. Thank you Bradley :).

Better: My putting. I've been dropping putts from everywhere. This, coupled with some big, consistent drives has lead to some of the best golf I've played all year.

Best: The Orange Pro PD's I got in the mail. Super tasty.

Good: Shot +5, only one over my personal best at my home course today, that's also the best score I've had there when the pins aren't all in the shorts. I also did it entirely left-handed, meaning backhand only and not using my normal forehand/overhand tricks for tricky/high percentage approaches.

Bad: Although I didn't miss any putts I should absolutely make, my standards for makeable putts are getting higher and I felt I should have made at least one more of the longer ones than I did.

Ugly: Four of the six extra strokes I took were on holes that are birdie opportunities. One of the other strokes was on a horrible botched approach.

Good: Light's fading early, glow discs are coming out near the end of league rounds!

Bad: My glow magnet fades to dark like it's made from innova crap glow plastic

Ugly: At league I had 6 skip-off-the-rim deuce misses and finished at -1, taking the 3rd best tag on the card instead of the best

Good - Snuck in a full 18 at lunch yesterday shooting my PB for the course, -3. Took down random doubles last night with a solid partner for $20 a piece. Upshots and putts were dialed in yesterday.

Bad - Couple griplocked drives and some pain from a forehand drive with poor form.

Ugly - One drive ended up stuck about 30' up in a thick tree. Took about 20 min of tossing my water bottle up at it to free it up. The throw that freed the disc also managed to get the water bottle stuck in its place. Then I took my flask and managed to free up the water bottle with it after about 5 min. but no shit.... the flask stuck as the water bottle came down. :x Then I took the tree into my own hands and started shaking it hard which did indeed knock the flask down, but the tree wasn't done with me yet! On my way out from under the tree it managed one last attack on me leaving me with a nice 3 inch cut on my calf. :evil:

Great: Crushed my best score at Tocobaga by five strokes with a +4 at the handicap today, won first place. Both my birdies were on putts of at least 35 feet.

Bad: Started out +5 on the first three holes, missed two relatively easy putts.

Good: Played in my first PDGA tourney yesterday at my home course.

Bad: Played the WORST two rounds pretty much ever on this course. and finished +25 for 36 holes. Pretty embarrassing.

Ugly: It was 100 degrees, which led to the bad I'm sure. A 718' hole that I normally par or at worst bogey, I threw OB twice and scored a +5!!! Damn I was pissed at myself.

Good: Shot a personal best (51) at the Tocobaga Handi's on Saturday tying the low raw score of the day.

Bad: Took a horrible double bogey on hole 6

Ugly: with my -7 handicap (which will be coming down) I still missed 1st place by 1 stroke. Congrats Jim W.!!

Good: Finished 2nd in the Ace Race this weekend with 6 points. Aced a 150' hole, hit metal on a 180' hole, and hit metal (both rounds) on a short 90'. Got a couple of discs (one of which I already traded away), a towel, and $55 from the side bet ace fund.

Bad: Got beat by a guy who hit 2 aces his last round to finish with 7 points.

Good: Hit an ace on friday & saturday, saturday one got me some $$$
Kinda Bad: Ace on sat was after the tourney & a side bet playing a hole on the way back to turn in the card.
Ugly: The tourney. Didn't play bad, but what went on. Synopsis: Huge giant bagging going (one person was told he couldn't bag this year, but they still let him). There's always bagging bad @ this course, but this was straw that broke the camel's back. Numerous complaints were sent to the TD during the tourney. I will not play another tournament at this course ever again, period.

pd

Good bad ugly ... r r r r REMIX

The Ugly: my drive... nose angle, distance, inefficiency.

The Bad: due to being on my feet for 8 hours in a frisbee store, I never feel like catching a round on my way home. End result: I haven't played a round since my last tourny in late June.

The GrrrrrrREAT!! : I played a round the other day to start training/recapping for my next event on Oct.3-4. Apparently I have a fuzzy muscle memory.... after months of seeing this loop of DG DVDs in the store, my old form is completely out the window. My form is in tip-top shape, with more D, better nose control, and I was hitting lines like I never have before. I tore it up, and my ongoing putting practice has kept my short game solid. I'm super confident about my game right now.

Hot shit!!! :mrgreen:

pointdisc said:
Good: Hit an ace on friday & saturday, saturday one got me some $$$
Kinda Bad: Ace on sat was after the tourney & a side bet playing a hole on the way back to turn in the card.
Ugly: The tourney. Didn't play bad, but what went on. Synopsis: Huge giant bagging going (one person was told he couldn't bag this year, but they still let him). There's always bagging bad @ this course, but this was straw that broke the camel's back. Numerous complaints were sent to the TD during the tourney. I will not play another tournament at this course ever again, period.

pd

Are you guys referring to sandbagging when you say "bagging"? That's what I had always thought, but this post made me question that b/c bagging doesn't seem to be a function of a particular course. What am I missing? Enlighten a jargon challenged n00b

J

Are you guys referring to sandbagging when you say "bagging"? That's what I had always thought, but this post made me question that b/c bagging doesn't seem to be a function of a particular course. What am I missing? Enlighten a jargon challenged n00b

J[/quote]

Unless, during a tournament at a particular course, the TD allows folks to play in whatever division they want - even if their rating dictates otherwise!!

savoyal said:
Unless, during a tournament at a particular course, the TD allows folks to play in whatever division they want - even if their rating dictates otherwise!!

Still, that's no reason to not play the course. I could understand not playing the tournament, but the course? Is it only open for the tournament or something?

Not trying to make a big deal, just thought I had the wrong idea about the "bagging" term.

No more hijacking of the thread:

Good: Throwing a golden line on an ace hole during doubles, it's going in, it's going in...
Bad: Barely misses, but the consolation is that it was also a $20 CTP and I clearly am going to get that...
Ugly: Noobert the Magnificent gets a wicked tree bounce that puts him about 3 inches closer

J

JackMontana said:
Still, that's no reason to not play the course. I could understand not playing the tournament, but the course? Is it only open for the tournament or something?

I didn't say I won't play the course. I said I won't play another tournament at the course ever again. They've let this go on for way too long & they've made a ton of un-happy customers but won't do anything about it.

pd

pointdisc said:
JackMontana said:

I didn't say I won't play the course. I said I won't play another tournament at the course ever again. They've let this go on for way too long & they've made a ton of un-happy customers but won't do anything about it.

pd

Word. I see now that's what you said. I'm an idiot.

We now return to your normally scheduled Good, Bad, Ugly programming.

J

Same bat time, same Bat channel.

Good: Got two new (to me) gummy champ rhynos!
Bad: Working on reports for the last few weeks at work. I hate sitting by a computer.
Ugly: Rosie O'donnell

pd

The Good: I supplied Pointdisc with some gummy champ Rhynos
The Bad: My VPs to replace those Rhynos have not come yet
The Ugly: My Drives which are normally in the 400'-420' range have sucked recently, barely out to 380'