• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Played my first tourney yesterday (Rec. division). Had a good first round and won a CTP (got a new T-Bone, yeah!) and had a good time overall.

Ugly: My second round was real lousy, couldn't get my drives under control for the most part.

Bad: Dropped to fourth after being in second after the first round.

Good: Still cashed though, can't complain much about an $18 voucher (used it towards Quad Shocks) and two new discs in return for a $15 entry.

Good:have been discin really well lately and feel good about only bringing 4-5 discs with me when i play.

Bad: had my first bad round in weeks. had about a 40-50' putt for birdie hit chains.....then basket....then rolled away and i took a 1 over..
i hate when i go from birdie to bogey

Ugly/good it started pouring when we were on hole 13 and we didnt get to finish so my score did not count anyways. :wink:

on a side note i got a 11x champ teebird that Acid dyed the captain America Shield onto and it flies great.

JR said:
RustyP said:
Ugly: Eating brisket for 3 days straight has given me the most vile-smelling gas ever.

Does that mean you're gonna change your user name to Rusty P and Wind? :shock: 8)
Perhaps :|

Good: Was sitting in 1st place at the Shreveport Challenge after Round 1
Bad: Was sitting in 4th place at the Shreveport Challenge after Round 2
Ugly: Was sitting in 5th place at the Shreveport Challenge after Round 3...1 stinking stroke away from the cash skins match :(
Smelly: BBQ Brisket was catered in for the tourney :D

the good: played a very good round at west park today.

the bad: got a couple spit outs and had a got two bogeys

the ugly: not really ugly but i bogeyed the last hole and made my new personal best higher than it should of been. :?

Good: Matched my personal best at Tocobaga today, +9

Bad: Couple of stupid bogeys towards the end of the round

Ugly: That was my after-handicap round, I shot a 67 when it mattered and didn't cash

good: played a few rounds with the disc gnome and while I was teaching him some driving tips he gave me a tip on putting and finger spring that blew my mind.

bad: hit an ace with the CE aero on a 250' hole dead center but it popped out.

ugly: nothing.

Good - Went out to Highbridge over the weekend and enjoyed several rounds of golf with our amateur league. I played Woodland and Blueberry as a single and Gold as a team (definitely would have loved to play it a single).

Bad - The drive is 4 to 4 1/2 hours, meaning that I lost several hours of golfing due to driving, driving fatigue, and setting up the campsite. You definitely do want to play any of this courses by yourself.

Pre-Planned Bad - I had surgery on my left wrist (non-throwing) three days earlier to remove a cyst. Amazingly I did not feel any real pain nor any real impairment of movement. What was bad was how I often contorted my back to make sure that I did not twist my bad wrist slinging it over my shoulders. Several other camping related activities had to be taken gingerly. The good thing was that the "ambidextrous card" for RIPT could not be played on me.

Ugly - Shanked a forehand drive at Chestnut Grove during the night round. It goes out 100' in a tight grove of trees and shrubbery before taking a hard right. My driver with a lightpod is a Surge and dove immediately left into the trees. The light pods I have are drilled into the Z plastic and shines light from the center towards the rim, making it really easy to see. The light revolves, changes between colors, making it obvious to the eye when the colors changes. The shot could not have gone far considering how hard it hit the initial tree. 30 minutes of searching (20 immediately that night, 10 minutes in the morning) could not come up with it. Either it dug under something (there was one log it could have snuck under but not likely) or the group who were sitting around on the tee on Hole 6 pocketed it immediately before I got in the shrubbery looking for it. There were two or three other groups on the course at the time, they seemed cool, and most admired these types of pods (three of us in our group had these kinds of pods) because they were using glow sticks or fishing lights. The particular group on Hole 6 were so drunk five of them could hardly figure out how to retape a fishing light back onto one disc. I did not accuse them or think they could have because I really would have had to shank that shot and I did not hear them move form the tee because I began searching immediately after the throw. However, only have a 50 foot by 50 foot area to search and coming up with nothing, I am thinking that them stealing it was most likely what happened.

Good- Played rather well today. Played Hunter Park in Tulsa which was just changed a bit to be longer and tougher. I shot +1, which I was happy with. My putting was good. I made quite a few 30 footers for par and a 75-80 footer that was about 6 feet down hill, a limb hanging over about 30 feet away and a drop off and creek about 15 past the basket. My long drives were long and accurate.

Good: played a real game of Ultimate (ie - not in my front yard, no beer involved) for the first time ever last night, and my team won. Had a couple of good catches for scores and a few nice tosses. I was one of the few people who could throw a hyzer without flipping it over into a roller ;) which tells you that there weren't any serious Ultimate players there.

Bad: my body from the waist down is on the brink of paralysis today.

Ugly: i accidentally bulldozed this one poor girl going for the disc. she landed flat on her back and smacked her head pretty hard on the ground, and I think she got a concussion :(

RustyP said:
Ugly: i accidentally bulldozed this one poor girl going for the disc. she landed flat on her back and smacked her head pretty hard on the ground, and I think she got a concussion :(

You brute!

RustyP said:
uNicedmeMan said:
RustyP said:

You brute!
I know...I felt like a total dick afterwards :cry:

I wouldn't worry too much man. These things happen, it wasn't like you were trying to hurt her.

RustyP said:
uNicedmeMan said:
RustyP said:

You brute!

At least you offered to take her to dinner, right?

Good: Played 27 holes (Blues and Extra) from the pro tees at Codorus on Sunday. Beautiful Weather, great 4some (5 including the Weimaraner we brought along).

Better: Beat local course pro and my buddy (cashing open player) by 2 strokes on the 18 hole course 59 vs 61. Could have been a few strokes better too but 59 is a good score from the longs.

Best: Nearly had a three on # 6, drop in four. Course pro invited us to check out his private course and have some beers next time we were around.

Ugly: Sucked it up on the xtra holes and ending up loosing to my buddy and perhaps local course pro.

More Danker: My db-5 came yesterday :D

The good- Won the last 2 league nights I played before this week.

The Bad- Lost my putter over the weekend and I have no idea how. It wasn't during a round. The only store I could get to before todays league only had Magnets, I use Wizards.

The ugly - Shot 9 over during the league today. Literally my worst round of the year including practice rounds.

Furthur said:
RustyP said:
uNicedmeMan said:
RustyP said:

You brute!

At least you offered to take her to dinner, right?
I would have, but I don't think my girlfriend (on the sidelines) or her boyfriend (most naturally athletic of the entire bunch...bitches) would appreciate that too much. I did offer to help her up off the ground, but she waved me off and looked pretty pissed, so I left her alone :?

Good.......got second at our local tourney last weekend
Bad.......pretty sure ive currently got swine flu...feels bad man
Ugly.......stabbed the shit out of myself (down to the bone) with a screwdriver at work on monday (right in the throwing hand) looks like i'll be taking some time off discin......oh and the player who got first in my division at the tourney was a 14 year old kid, beat me by 6 strokes :x

Jesse B 707 said:
Good.......got second at our local tourney last weekend
Bad.......pretty sure ive currently got swine flu...feels bad man
Ugly.......stabbed the shit out of myself (down to the bone) with a screwdriver at work on monday (right in the throwing hand) looks like i'll be taking some time off discin......oh and the player who got first in my division at the tourney was a 14 year old kid, beat me by 6 strokes :x

swine-flu.bmp

any relation to that kid? could explain some things