• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

good: cashed in both of the tourneys i played this weekend

bad: was one stroke off the lead in both tourneys after the 1st round and pissed it all away

ugly: lost a play off for 2nd place by missing a simple 20 footer

rusch_bag said:
Ugly - My attempt at a playoff. Haha.

I won't bring it up, but... that was a pretty sweet shot (though I had some that rivaled it).

Good: Met rusch_bag
Bad: Thanks to my stellar play, got beat in the tournament...
Ugly: ...by everyone in advanced. Someone's gotta take DFL.

pd

good: finished 4th (last cash) in adv masters this weekend, only missed 1st by two shots

bad: missed a 3-way tie for 2nd by one shot

ugly: low-putted an 8-footer on an already-low basket 3 holes from the end :oops:

Good:played in my first pro tourney, made it to the top card with a thousand rated player as well as another top local pro, and what's more I cashed.

Bad: Missed 5 putts inside 10 feet.

Ugly: Took plastic instead of cash because I didn't cash the day before in advanced.

Good- got to sneak out of work and get in a round and shot decently. Played with 2 guys who've never played my home course.

Bad- one was a noob and one wasn't very good. That's not bad, but the ugly makes it bad

Ugly- this course is not for noobs. Its a course that punishes bad shots.

Good: got to play a few rounds with Donkeypuncher and Brad Walker today...always fun to play with others from the site. Scored a sweet CE Leo and a CE JLS for very cheap. Threw what might have been my longest drive ever (420-ish if the distance on the hole was correct...15? @ Jimmy Porter Park). Played golf for 6 hours and somehow still had some energy left over. All in all, great day!

Bad: lost my go to roller - a beaten 10x Eagle - while throwing distance shots with Brad from the top of a little hill.

Ugly: I'll be spending the next 4 days at a children's church camp that my dad runs every summer, which means being surrounded by lots of loud annoying kids (and some pretty annoying adults too)...luckily I won't have any real responsibilities except for playing drums twice a day. At least I'll get to catch up on my reading...Steinbeck's been feeling pretty neglected lately ;)

Good: 5 hours of rounds and field practice with distance line Star 174 Boss to 403-406' skipping to 430' and a new with flashing Star 170 Beast all the way in the air to 430' with minimal right rear wind.

Bad: Too tight of a rose bush where my Boss landed for going into it.

Ugly: Lost that Boss despite trying to push the branches away using my bag and pulling the branch tops without thorns.

Funnee: My friend threw my Monarch to a tree and before spotting it up there we found another disc. Used that found disc to drop that Monarch and despite many hits to the Monarch it didn't move initially. Then a particularly hard toss separated it from the branch it was lodged in and the bleeping disc landed inches lower ad took several hits to get down. The throw that brought the Monarch down replaced it with that found disc exactly at the same spot :) It was super funny to see and doesn't probably translate through text as well. Greedy tree wanting another hostage...

Good: Got some field practice in on Tuesday and was averaging much higher D than usual. Switched from a Climo grip on my drivers to a power grip and everything was just speeding out of my hand. Finished my field work on the local high school baseball field throwing about 20' behind home plate. Hit the center field wall @355' 6/6 times, a few really high up on the fence so maybe in the 400' range with Orcs and Wraiths. Threw rollers with a wraith and a TL that were still screaming when they hit the fence so who knows how far they would have went.

Bad: I don't feel very comfortable throwing my rocs and putters hard, maybe I shouldn't try to. Was still getting good D with them when I threw them correctly.

UGLY: The freaking Orioles man.

uNicedmeMan said:

The post All-star break O's have been really terrible the past few years. At least Tillman has been called up and Reimold is looking nice.

Amazing - During the day round of the tourney I played in on Saturday I had a shot that blew me away. It was 392 from the long pad, plus it was a 15' wide tunnel through dense woods after about 50' of open grass. I pulled out my Cheetah and told myself I was going to keep it in the fairway... Well, I put it out with a very slight hyzer, it flattened out heading for the first tree on the left side. (looks good!) It started to flip missing the tree by about 6" and headed for the other side of the tunnel. (Sweet! Don't turn too much...) It glided along getting about as close to the trees as possible before flattening back out. (Yes...) The fade started and was very gentle. It hit the ground and had a nice little skip. (Woohoo!) I figured I was sitting with about a 50' putt, which is good because I usually max out at around 300'. I was already really really pleased.
Spent the entire walk to the basket with my group telling me what a fantastic shot I had, only to find that when I got to the basket my disc was sitting roughly 4 feet left of it... I couldn't believe my eyes.

Bad - My score.

Fugly - Lost 5 discs to water hazards.... 3 on one hole, and the 2 on two different holes. ...I can make the above described shot no problems, but I can't make a damned 250 foot shot across a pond. :lol:

Frank_Delicious said:
uNicedmeMan said:

The post All-star break O's have been really terrible the past few years. At least Tillman has been called up and Reimold is looking nice.

I was happy with what I saw of Tillman's stuff. Reimy is nasty and could have a chance at ROY. The Orioles outfield is top notch, if the young pitchers can start being nasty we could have a chance to do something (the AL East makes that kinda hard). Sherrill was dealt to the Dogers for Davey Johnson's son and a third baseman, good because Mora is on the way out.

The good - Shot a -4 with just a Wraith, Teebird and SSS Wizard the other day at Belmont.

The bad - I have 2 beautiful 11X Teebirds lost in translation with USPS because I am a moron and sent someone my old address through Paypal. I contacted the resident of my old apartment and they said they got a notice and they never picked them up at the post office. I stopped by to grab them this morning and they couldn't find my package. For all I know this persons kid is probably playing with them right now. I really hope it was just returned to sender.

The ugly - This weather. Raining like a mofo. Courses are gonna be so muddy this week. Oh well, At least it gives me a bit of time to rest my hurt elbow.

Edit: Literally the second I pushed "Submit" to post that my phone started ringing. Post office calling. My discs have been found and are safely awaiting me to pick them up :D

Sheesh, that is some weight off my shoulders!

Ursa Superior said:
uNicedmeMan said:

You should be a Astros fan then. We always rock it in the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately, we normally dig ourselves too deep a hole in the 1st half to make the playoffs.

Furthur said:
Ursa Superior said:
uNicedmeMan said:

You should be a Astros fan then. We always rock it in the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately, we normally dig ourselves too deep a hole in the 1st half to make the playoffs.

There are Astro fans? as in more than one?

Ursa Superior said:
Furthur said:
Ursa Superior said:
uNicedmeMan said:

There are Astro fans? as in more than one?
:lol: :lol: :lol: