• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

GOOD: so I guess this is post 1001 for this thread!!! holy moly! my drives have been pretty spectacular this week as well.

BAD: fanboyism on this site now holy moly!

UGLY: me missing 10 ft putts as I consistenly park holes I didn't park before. lolz

Ugly - Lost 2 discs my first time playing the temporary hoover westside course

Bad - I'll be playing that course twice in a tournament this weekend

Good - Found 2 discs on the course, returned them, someone found the good disc I lost(sparkle opto vision) and I'll get it back tomorrow before the tournament

Ugly- I was practicing my spike approach shots with a dx classic roc and broke it. Cracked from the rim to halfway to the middle. It was still a fairly new disc too.

Good: Meilahti, Helsinki, Finland #5 is a 300' blind downhill hole that people either tommy and slide on the hill protecting the basket or as I and my friend more commonly throw hyzer stalls to go round the hill protecting the basket. The protection is 7' high vertical drop under which the basket lies and the downhill continues under the basket. I've been gravitating toward spikes or spike/stall territory this summer. The payoff nearly came when witnesses said that my Champion 175 Rhyno landed in the bucket and jumped out. Must have been within a foot on #9 and 6' short lying 6' away on #10 on the next round. R-Pro Boss 160 s-curved to 400-420' with very high percentage. Often.

Bad: Ankle twisting due to too short shoe laces. I was totally stiff and had lost all fine motor control so my putting was off. Missed the birdie putt on the basket landed and skipped shot.

Ugly: Mud! To above my knee playing in soccer shorts. Like the above writer posted above a poodle taking a dump beside the tee looking at me with the eye at the other end waiting for the previous group to clear the hole. Not the poodle hole.

Good: Cashed at the British Open this weekend, tied 5th, one shot off the final

Bad: I opened with a 918 rated 60, so had to shoot 50, 52 to get back in contention

Ugly: the double OB 6 I took on the 14th first round. I deuced it both the other rounds.

domromer said:
The good: played in my first tournament this weekend. Took 8th place out of 40.

The good: drove 400ft uphill.

The ugly: monkey butt

2000+ posts and first tourney? lol

The good: Found a really slick looking bright green X xs and got it for myself as a birthday present from relatives who always give me cash.

The bad: Man, me and this one guy are trying to build an awesome course and we can't get any help.

The ugly: when ya eat too much food and gotta re-up. cough cough

Good: Tied my personal best at Cliff Stephens (+11), which I had originally set in mid-April. I would actually rate it my best round ever there because there were a bunch of pin position changes in May and almost every one made the hole more difficult. Had just my second birdie ever at that course.

Bad: A few shanks that really hindered my ability to make par on some holes.

Ugly: Executing one shot just a little bit better would have given me an easy putt for bogey but instead sent me down a bank and into the water for a circle six.

good: sidewinder, rogue, teebird, buzzz, wizard

ugly: getting stuck under a bush, behind a tree that you have to throw 30 vertical ft to get over

bad: stupid people who think they can ride their bikes on the fairway, when there aren't bike trails on the course

good - first round with the new silverback bag, made a few nice birdies, a half dozen great drives and a few nice approach shots.

bad - a handful of grip locked approach shots made for a few bad bogeys.

ugly - after an incredible parked flick drive on one of the hardest holes on the course i managed to hit the top welded link of the chains from 7 ft., drop out of the basket on edge and roll down the hill 40 ft. Easy bird turned into a bogey. :x

the good: my putting the last couple days. and me and my bro beat the snot out of some friends playing doubles at shorewood.

the better: my sidearm is still fantastic even though i havnt thrown sidearm in like a year.

the ugly: i started the first nine at west park at -4 ended at +4 playing all 3s ( west park is 24 holes) :evil:

good - Shot a -2 on a quick 9 at lunch today. I was throwing annys where I would normally go sidearm with more understable plastic than I'm used to and getting some good results so I'm stoked about that.

bad - Only had time for 9.

ugly - Traffic all day today has sucked. I've spent 2+ hrs. in the car today and normally don't spend more than 30min. :x

Good: Started trying the MB tech. from the video on here. Already hit a distance that was usually reserved for the Vision with an ESP Cyclone on a one step drive. 8)

Bad: The consistency of my other drives last night. :( practice, practice, practice

Ugly: Choked on a couple of short holes and killed my score. :oops:

Finally something good for me to contribute on this thread!

Good: Won our biggest weekly last night (TNT, Thursday Night Triples @ Druid Hill DGC right in the heart of the city that reads). Good for $55 a piece, 4 shy of the TNT record attendance of 59.

Better: Won with a guy I hadn't met before who was just ripping into element-x's and sabres. I commented that those discs don't get too much play in our area.

Best: The third on our team was a young (11yo) discer named Mattie. He was totally a contributing factor with a 30' putt, a 40' putt and a big ol 50'er for the win on the 3rd safari playoff. It was a 4 way playoff to start, epic!

Morebetterbest: I was crushing some drives on the safari holes. I'm kicking myself for not using Orcs earlier in my DG career, talk about distance and control.

To balance it out with a negative: My putting on the first 9 holes or so was butt, we could have won outright (but then we would have missed the super sweet playoff)

Good: The 9 hole course i designed opened to the public today....

More Good: over 20 people...16 of who i've never met before showed up to play

Even More Good: Minimal clearing is left to be done!!!

Even More Good: The course plays better then I expected!!! Elevation changes really throw a cog in the works!!!

Bad: Bogied the first hole w/ a chastity belt hit :(

More Good: Got the 1st birdie on the amazing downhill hole #9! 220 downhill...straight and tight....but drops nearly 50 ft in elevation!!

Good- Played a round with Bradley Walker to day. Didn't shoot bad. Shot par on a Gold course and had some long tosses to show I'm not all message board D :)

Bad- My mom got called into work so I couldn't get in a second round because my family would have been stranded.

Ugly- Took a 5 on the 3rd hole iin a dumb way

Cool- Brick

Good - Tied for first in my 2nd advanced tournament today and qualified for skins. I also got to play a round with pointdisc today for the first time.

Bad - I lost the playoff and didn't win any skins.

Ugly - My attempt at a playoff. Haha.

Good: This past week my game has suddenly started to return to my level of about three months ago, topping it off with what had the potential to be my best round ever at my home course.

Bad: I ended up with a 61, one short of my personal best. Had a really crappy drive on one hole and bad approaches on two more to get 3 legit bogeys. Had a few birdie opps at 30-50' and couldn't convert any.

Really ugly: My putting from holes 13-17.

13: Missed a ten footer low
14: Missed a ten footer high
15: Barely made a twelve footer
16: Missed from fifteen feet
16: Missed from twenty feet

Just a complete implosion that killed my score.

Good: Got to play nine holes of ball golf and then 18 holes of disc golf

Better: Career ace #3 at hole #6 at Golden Hills Disc Golf course

Betterer: Shot personal best for nine holes of ball golf with a 37 on a par 35 (3 bogeys and 1 birdie)

Best: Also shot a personal best at the disc golf course. -9 from the white tees (7 birdies and an ace)

Bestest: First ever round at Golden Hills making nothing worse than a par on any hole. Been close to 3 years since the time I actually felt like I could realistically have managed to do so.

Bad: Nothing really other than the slow leak in the front left tire of my car.

It was the best day of golf (ball and disc) in my career.