• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: 80% of my drives last night were on and felt great; approaches were pretty decent for the most part and I nailed a 120' up shot for bird which was easily the high point of the round last night.

Bad: My putting was atrocious! Just terrible. Missed a 5' putt low, missed several between 10-15'.

Ugly: 3 birdie shots turned into bogeys for me last night because of my terrible putting. And a bad double OB on one hole seemed to start off my implosion.

The Good: Played a tournament this weekend and was solidly is 2nd place after the first round.

The ugly: Ended up shooting 11 over the 2nd round and ended up 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, it was still a lot of fun. I only pouted for a little while and I beat my nemesis.

Good: Hit an ace last weekend in a tourney. Only about 150', but a very tight tunnel shot. Farmland Uproar, held at Downs Farm and Crown College...both west of the Twin Cities. Won $23 as it was a small tourney, but it made up for the......
Bad: My first round at Downs Farm was an 8 over on 10 holes. Lost my Champ Starfire in the bean field on and took a circle 5. Could have used it on the next hole since my Beast turned over badly into a headwind and went further right than forward and ended up on top of a chicken coop which could be described as...
Ugly: On the following hole, I attempted to lay up to a basket that was on the edge of a 30 degree slope. It hit a low branch and rolled 150ft down the hill causing my third 5 in a row.

The next round I shot a 1 under with help from the ace. Found my starfire during lunch break and went on to do a bit better at Crown, but did not make up enough spots to get into the cash. The after party was a lot of fun though. Drank a lot of keg beer, and my lovely wife picked me up and took me home. I was drunk enough to sleepwalk out to my garage and empty my bladder into the trash can there. :oops:

Good: My game has finally turned the corner from bad to normal. Got stuck in a rut for about a month of terrible play and just slowed it down & thought it out more during league last night & took 2nd.

Bad: After league three of us emptied our bags on the shortest hole on the course and not one disc hit metal. By the end there was probably about 60-65 discs laying on the ground.

Ugly: Just after we finished we let a group of 1-discers throw through and one happened to find the chains & hit the ace.

pd

pointdisc said:
Bad: After league three of us emptied our bags on the shortest hole on the course and not one disc hit metal. By the end there was probably about 60-65 discs laying on the ground.

Ugly: Just after we finished we let a group of 1-discers throw through and one happened to find the chains & hit the ace.

:lol: Awesome.

Good: Found a new Z Force to replace the one I lost
Bad: Lost it on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE drive on Hole 24 at Stony Creek
Ugly: Went out looking in the POURING rain the next day...I got so soaked I immediately drove to Target and bought some dry clothes afterwards!

But I DID find it!

oddly enough, I only found it because I just about stepped on a champ Boss someone lost, and said to myself "See, Forces fly like these...I should be out here somewh *looks right at disc* oh, there it is!"

It was up in a tree, caught by a vine, 10 feet off the ground!

Good: Drew CR Willey as my partner for doubles tonight and we won. My putting was very good, for the most part it was he drove and I sunk the putt.

Bad: My driving was terrible, only had one good drive all night (and CR still put it a couple feet closer than me).

Ugly: Threw my nicely seasoned Sidewinder into the water with my first tournament coming up Saturday.

Good: Shot a really solid round on the Coyote Course @ Lorch Park today...51 with all the pins in the longest locations. Got my first 2 on the second hole with a ~100' throw-in with my Wizard.

Bad: My car started making this weird whirring noise, so I'm a little nervous about the 2hr drive I'm making tomorrow for the Shreveport Challenge.

Ugly: Eating brisket for 3 days straight has given me the most vile-smelling gas ever.

Good (more like GREAT!)- just set a new personal best on Dolese shorts at -14. I only had 2 bad shots. 1 bad putt and one bad drive. I had a good drive hit an invisalimb and I 3'd a 600 footer. I also hit 2 buckets.

Bad- the Drive. Total mew.

Ugly- the putt. Totally gacked a 20 footer.

Good-Hit the ace pool of $144 at my league night with my money champ orc that that took years to season.

Bad-Lost that orc one week later :(

Good: got a CE Aero (thanks DCC)

Great: Was putting lights out the other night at doubles and didn't miss a putt inside of 40'

Bad: until the last hole that is, my partner misjudged his putt and went way by and I had to lay up on a 40' downhiller. Not being able to run that putt put us in second.

dgdave said:
Good (more like GREAT!)- just set a new personal best on Dolese shorts at -14. I only had 2 bad shots. 1 bad putt and one bad drive. I had a good drive hit an invisalimb and I 3'd a 600 footer. I also hit 2 buckets.

Bad- the Drive. Total mew.

Ugly- the putt. Totally gacked a 20 footer.

I was looking at the course pics in your sig. How many comets do you throw off of the tee?

If its on the shorts and south wind 3-4, north wind 4-5. On shorts I mainly throw my VP. Its not short, but its not long either.

I'm horibly fuckin bored, so here's how it breaks down. 1st disc is with a South wind (usually have this) 2nd is North wind

Shorts
1- VP/VP 260ft
2- PD/Comet 340ft
3- VP/VP 200ft
4- VP/VP 230ft
5- VP/VP 230 ft
6- Lefty Leo/Lefty Leo or Comet 330ft
7- VP/Summit 180 ft
8- VP/VP or Xtreme 320ft
9- VP/VP 270ft
10- PD/PD or boss 380ft
11- VP/VP 275ft