• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Played 18 yesterday with a buddy and won by 14 strokes. Didn't need to throw a midrange shot the entire round.

Bad: Had to putt more than 18 times.

Ugly: Letting a group of 3 play through (they were faster in the first loop) and then they started filming their shots and I got stuck behind them.

The Good: I set a personal best -2 at tocobaga last night

The Bad: If I eliminated the consecutive bogey, double, and then bogey again - my six birdies would have smoked the course.

The Ugly: Kenny B. was -3 thru the front nine and finished up at +3. The upside Ken is that you were 6 strokes lower than your Handi!!

savoyal said:
The Bad: If I eliminated the consecutive bogey, double, and then bogey again - my six birdies would have smoked the course.

Hmmm...I'm gonna guess it was on 5-7. Great round though.

Good: After finishing 4/8 in Rec in my first tournament three weeks ago I placed 8/21 in Intermediate in my second one today, albeit on a course that I feel really plays to my strengths. Very few mistakes though, I played my game and got it done.

Bad: Felt like I should have had two fewer strokes overall, missed a couple great chances to gain a stroke. Also, the second round was from the shorts and though I played well enough to hold off all but one player behind me and pass three others that were ahead my poor accuracy on drives was really exposed (and I expected it to be, I liked my chances better against the competition in the long pad round) and kept me from having the frequency of birdie opps that others did.

Good: took 2nd at the ND state championships, even if it were only rec.
Bad: lost a brand new pro leo.
Ugly: The tendonitis.

Good: 58, then 56 on a course that is a 53 SSA on only my 5th and 6th rounds back from a 2 yr break.

Bad: 2 chain outs on great putts.

Ugly: 3 putted twice in those rounds... from 30 ft.

Good: Had great weather today. Was throwing a GREAT game, until...

Bad: After putting on hole 12 and heading to 13, my GF says "Wow, you're having the best game I've ever seen you play." :shock: Bad juju. She essentially "niced" the rest of my round. :cry:

Ugly: Some of the shots that followed the harsh jinxing.

More Good: Started another round on the front 9 to make myself feel better. Mostly recovered from the hex placed on last game.

Good: Got to take a couple of newbies to the course today, and enjoyed teaching disc golf and playing some good rounds. My drives were also great.

Bad: For some reason my second shots were terrible today. It sucked after a good drive to blow my second shot.

Ugly: Shot a 62 on a course that is very easy to par.

JimW said:
savoyal said:

Hmmm...I'm gonna guess it was on 5-7. Great round though.
Great guess!! Had I already told you about this round?

JimW said:
Good: After finishing 4/8 in Rec in my first tournament three weeks ago I placed 8/21 in Intermediate in my second one today, albeit on a course that I feel really plays to my strengths. Very few mistakes though, I played my game and got it done.

Bad: Felt like I should have had two fewer strokes overall, missed a couple great chances to gain a stroke. Also, the second round was from the shorts and though I played well enough to hold off all but one player behind me and pass three others that were ahead my poor accuracy on drives was really exposed (and I expected it to be, I liked my chances better against the competition in the long pad round) and kept me from having the frequency of birdie opps that others did.
Congrats Jim!! The best part was you didn't have to enter an "ugly"!! Did they have a Rec division? Just curious...

Good: Played a few rounds with friends home from school for the weekend.

Great: Won all the rounds and set a new course record at the home course by 2 strokes. (-5)

Bad: Didn't birdie holes 1 or 2 and I normally do.

Ugly: Had a bogie.

Awesome: Had enough self control to lay it up on 9 and take the 3 to assure myself -4. Ended up crashing into the basket and staying parked to go -5.

uNicedmeMan said:
dgdave said:
BLURR said:
Good: Found a disc I can throw a 400 ft. sweeping hyzer with

And what would that be?

surge ss

what do I win?

Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner. Tell him what he's won jonny.
Well Bob, Unicedmeman, you have on the way, a box of seriously sweet wizards.

Sorry Dave...it wasn't the one I got from you though. The domey opaque navy blue one I got at PIAS is unlike any of my other SS's. It is a bit beefier than the others and will hold a hard snapped hyzer and not turn over. The green one I got from you has a bit too much turn for this shot.

good: nothin

bad: my dad isnt that into discgolf, and already has 2 aces where as i have none

ugly: i have been playing horrible the last 2 times i went out. couldnt hit any of the lines i wanted, over threw a lot of holes, and over all, just played horribly.

Good - Finally broke the 400' barrier. Got an SL out to 410' according to google earth.

Bad - Came real close to rolling my ankle about a dozen throws later. It's still fairly sore.

Good: I'm starting to trust my driving technique. Parked 1. hole at our local course for the first time:)
Bad: still got a par after parking hole 1. Upshots mostly good for laughs.
Ugly: hit the basket straight on and 5 cm low 6 times, pin 2 times, top 1 time:-(

The Good: I won our Handicap this weekend shooting a personal best 51

The Bad: The 2 unnecessary bogey's prevented me from finishing under 50

The Ugly: I played from another person's lie because of a very similar disc. My actual lie parked the hole for a 6' birdie putt. Thankfully, this is a friendly group and we weren't double stroked for the infraction. With the 2 strokes and the fact that I should have had the birdie instead of my "bud", this could have been a 3 stroke swing!!

Latest posts