• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Luke said:
Good- Shot a 52 at snow bowl today. Pretty good by my count.

Ugly- Leave for my construction job in Backfield, Colorado tomorrow.

Let me know if (I know it's a long way) you come up to any of the Metro courses. I'm sure I could take a pointer or two from you.

The good - Played a new course today on its opening day, Elm Creek. My son and I had a blast, he was driving like a madman.

The Bad - My legs got cut up pretty bad searching for my and other peoples lost discs. Really nasty brambles.

The ugly - Lost my dark blue buffalo stamp tulsa Orc. Best disc I have ever owned. It was the last one I had, at one point I owned 4. Oh well.

good: played the great 8 and completed it. 144 holes is a lot of disc golf

bad: second throw of the day was a roc that hit dead center and bounced right back out. No ace but won the CTP.

ugly: my putting when I got tired. I couldn't hit anything outside of 25'

Good: Tied for 12th out of 23, cashing at a tourney (rec division)

Bad: Tied for 12th out of 23 with a 14 year old girl

Ugly: Knowing that the 14 year old girl will continue to get better and turn pro and I'll be stuck where I'm at :lol:

good: played very well at west park
the bad: did not play that great at shorewood.
the very ugly......I LOST MY FAV 11x CHAMPION FIREBIRD!!!!! (again)

so does anyone know where to get them 12x flat firebirds???

good- puttings improving in the backyard
Bad- havent got to play any this week
ugly- wont get in a round until the trny sat..

good: played -5 at TXSTATE course in San Marcos, TX. it was my first game under par in a couple months. I had been in a real bad rut mentally. Focused on every line and went through the motions, that helped a ton. no bogies. I gotta say that DGR Karma Roc has been quite the approach disc the past week.

bad: missed some long bird putts that hit basket or fell just short. the score could have been -8, i just don't have much range on my putting.

ugly: nothing ugly, I am just upset that I won't be able to play a tourney at my home course in Kyle. My summer school load doesn't justify spending a whole sunday discing it up. It is just more motivation to blow away the competition next year.

Good: I bombed a 175g DX TeeBird almost 400' in field practice today!! This is the first time I've thrown a TB that far, and in a headwind no less!! :D 8) :mrgreen:

Bad: I couldn't match that distance with my Pro Starfires! :shock:

Ugly: In a tailwind, I threw that same TB into a tree and put a big notch in it. :evil:

Good: Got a box in the mail today containing 2 ESP Cyclones and 3 D Wasps. Tested out the Cyclones and those things are awesome!

Bad: Let my 5 year old use my beat up D Cyclone instead of his usual disc. He was throwing that thing so good I may end up having to give it to him.

Ugly: My white legs.

Good: Put my third shot about 12 feet away from the basket on the 695' hole 18 at Cliff Stephens to lock down my first 4 on that hole.

Ugly: Threw a weak ass putt that hit halfway down the basket rim to end up with another 5. Moron!

Good: Played my first really solid round yesterday morning.

Bad: Missed a couple putts, but they were on the longer side

Ugly: 100+ degree days in OK. At least there is a cold front coming through tonight and the next few days will only me in the mid 90's :roll: I hate being fat.

good: got to play today in beautiful weather

bad: my score

ugly: 6 holes stuck behind a tensome (yes 10) throwing muligan shots, spending 10 minutes looking for lost discs and 5 more deciding whose turn it was to throw. :(

Good: figuring out that you're reading an old thread w/in the first few posts.
Bad: bumping up old threads for no apparent reason.
Ugly: starting a new thread and then realizing it has been answered 100 times if you had only just looked through some old threads.

good: Met a female disc golfer new to the area. Played a round together.
bad: She won by a stroke.
ugly: Forgot to get her number!!!

Frank_Delicious said:

bad: second throw of the day was a roc that hit dead center and bounced right back out. No ace but won the CTP.

how did you place? didnt you win that by some huge margin a couple years back?

Jesse B 707 said:
Frank_Delicious said:

Did not win, they only offered doubles this year. I partnered up with a good friend who's still an Am and we played advanced. We got blown out of the water by the actual Adv/Adv teams and finished 4th.

I did win the Int singles by like 20 strokes or something like that in 07. I felt bad because I didn't know where to play since I had never done anything like that and just played Int as the default.

The winning Pro/Pro team shot a -106 this year and set a new record.

Good: I've got the POMAP #1 bag tag.

Bad: I had to go from #5 to #30, stayed at #30 before I got to #1.

Ugly: The previous two rounds I led the whole round through, doubled the last hole & lost in a playoff.

Frank_Delicious said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Frank_Delicious said:

Did not win, they only offered doubles this year. I partnered up with a good friend who's still an Am and we played advanced. We got blown out of the water by the actual Adv/Adv teams and finished 4th.

I did win the Int singles by like 20 strokes or something like that in 07. I felt bad because I didn't know where to play since I had never done anything like that and just played Int as the default.

106 under :shock:

Jesse B 707 said:
Frank_Delicious said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Frank_Delicious said:

106 under :shock:

yeah

check out their shooting: Scores